PDA

View Full Version : Leap Frog- Alex

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:14:00 PM
It was another one of Coruscant's famous sunny days outside. The weather was perfect for an excursion outside. Mild temperatures and not a cloud in the sky.

Jedi Knight Tarkin waited patiently for her newest pupil, Alex, by the fountain. Today would be an interesting day and hopefully a fun one too. The child needed to have more of those, but also needed to learn discipline. Today should provide both.

Alex
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:39:43 PM
Why? Alex thought to himself, as he ran down yet another identical corridor. Why does the Temple have to be so big and samey?

Bursting out through a set of doors into the sunlight, Alex heaved a sigh of relief. He was late...late for his first lesson of Jedi training. That wasn't a good thing. But there was no need to get flustered about it. He breathed deeply, and waited for his pulse to settle down. Then, as calmly as he could, fighting back his nerves, he set off in search of his sensei.

There it was...the fountain. Alex regarded it suspiciously. He'd seen structures such as this before, and had always wondered what their purpose was. It seemed pointless, for the water to just cycle round. But the way the water glinted in the sunlight, and how a rainbow formed as the mist and spray fell...it touched something in him. He didn't recognise the sensation. It was gone in an instant. He didn't know what it was. He didn't know why he'd felt it. But he smiled.

"Master Tarkin?" he called.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 5th, 2004, 01:23:10 PM
Alex was late. Something not unexpected, but still unacceptable. Navaria sensed his jumbled thoughts before he called out her name. She could feel his disappointment for being tardy, but what really impressed the Knight was how he settled his nerves and calmed himself before seeking her out.

A much better start then being only late.

"Over here, Alex." She stepped into view and waved him over.

Alex
Sep 5th, 2004, 02:13:48 PM
Alex tried to, but he couldn't resist the sigh of relief that washed over him. He stood before his master, eyes on the floor. "I..."

He fought through his jumbled mind, searching for the right words. "I'm sorry, Master," he said, speaking to Navaria's feet. "I still can't find my way around."

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 12th, 2004, 05:51:01 PM
"That was why you were late?" She thought it over, "Well, tomorrow take the day off and learn the academy better. Would be a good idea, yes? Perhaps I can show you around if needed but do know, there will be no more excuses for being late." Navaria half grinned, "Agreed?"

Alex
Sep 14th, 2004, 01:10:04 PM
Alex nodded slowly. "Agreed."

The falling water drew his attention back to the fountain again. The rainbows had vanished from this perspective, but the feeling still stirred inside him.

"Why did we meet here, Master Tarkin?"

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 18th, 2004, 02:21:40 PM
"Because it is beautiful." Her face beamed as the Jedi looked all around her, "Don't you agree?"

Alex
Sep 18th, 2004, 03:38:10 PM
"I..."

Alex was lost in the fountain. The sun, though reflected through an intricate array of mirrors high in orbit, fell warmly around him. The spray of the fountain drifted towards him on a gentle breeze.

He smiled. "I do."

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 20th, 2004, 06:23:37 PM
"You haven't had much beauty in your life, Alex." Her head lowered from looking up into the sky to look upon Alex. "I thought you'd like to witness some before we began your training."

Alex
Sep 25th, 2004, 05:43:15 AM
You haven't seen much beauty in your life, Alex.

Alex's eyes fell away from the fountain, and slowly closed. His body sagged as he stood, his breathing shallowed, as if his lungs lacked the desire to work anymore. Her image flashed in his mind. Her. The woman. The person who tortured his nights, and tormented his days. She'd been with him for 17 years. But he still didn't know her name...still couldn't recognise her face. She was familiar to him. But every time he tried to remember her face...he couldn't. He let out a sigh.

"No, Master Tarkin," he said softly, breathing deeply to try and drive the sadness back into its deep nest inside him. "I haven't."

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:10:15 PM
A soft hand closed around his shoulder, "Then let this be the first of many wonderous things for you to witness." Navaria paused, waiting for Alex to look at her. "Ready to begin your lesson for the day?" She asked in a hushed tone and smile.

Alex
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:08:37 AM
Alex nodded slowly. "I'm ready to learn...but I probably won't be very good." He sighed, before breathing in deeply, pushing his negativity back inside. "I'm ready to try."

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:30:59 PM
She frowned, "Not a good attitude to start with. You can do this anyway, how could it be any harder to learn the ways of the Force when you've already use it. Remember the courtyard and you leaping away from the police? Such things don't come easy to some Padawans, Alex."

Alex
Oct 5th, 2004, 04:59:07 PM
"That was just..." Alex frowned, remembering. "That just happened. I didn't want it to happen...well I did. But..." He sighed. "I didn't make it happen. I don't know how."