PDA

View Full Version : SW Costuming

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:24:03 PM
I was just wondering how many people on this board are REALLY into replicating SW costumes, or if anyone has, and if so, what (andpics!)

I'm exploring my options for Episode 3. The metal bikini is of course, an OPTION, although now that my boyfriend is my husband he's not too keen on me going out in public practically naked. An appropriate substitute WILL be found.

:)

Pierce Tondry
Aug 6th, 2004, 10:00:35 PM
So instead the bikini will be made of play-doh?

Seriously though, I've never been that into replicating a SW costume, although I may try to acquire a Jedi robe for Ep 3.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 7th, 2004, 06:03:19 AM
I wanna dress up like a wookie =(

Cyrel Annat
Aug 7th, 2004, 11:46:43 AM
Eventually, once money is abundant enough to do so, I plan on a couple costumes. One of which would be a Dark Jedi costume since I already have my lightsaber picked out. The other is going to be a Crimson Guard outfit. The latter of which will likely be my submission for the 501st. But like I said, it's gonna be a while until the money rolls in so I can afford it all.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2004, 12:20:44 AM
My brother has an Imperial Guard costume. It kicks booty. :D

And I've decided on my costume. >D but I'm not telling, because people might copy me! :uhoh

:p

Cardinal Aiyalin
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:24:05 PM
I am eyeing that black corset outfit that Padme wears in AotC.. I already have patterns, and an idea of how to make it.. I just need a sewing machine, and free time.

I definitely want to make something before the Ep III premiere, that way I can wear it!

Mitch
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:08:54 PM
I think I'll dress up as Jabba the Hutt. You know, just get some trash bags and some foam rubber, and then a bowl full of frogs. Nobody will EVER be able to tell I'm not the real thing!

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:14:03 PM
And you could oogle all the pretty girls and try to lick them! :D:thumbup

>_<

Ah, I do have a question for anyone who knows an answer to it. I need to make twin lightsaber holsters for my costume...I've figured out how to make the base, I just need a way to strap the saber hilts to it. Do you think just two loops per saber hilt should do it (to thread them through)?

Does anyone have old black belts they don't want anymore and could donate to my cause?

Plus, I need a cheap way to make scale sized dummy sabers - doesn't have to be totally realistic! OR I'll just end up using the toy lightsabers. But they're pretty big around.

Cardinal Aiyalin
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:38:29 PM
Check out this link: http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/plans06/main.htm

or this one:
http://kincharbamin.com/20-Minute-Saber.html

Or just buy one from Ebay :)

Shade Magus
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:06:17 PM
I can find some cool stuff, from some cops

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:01:01 AM
Those saber tutorials are incredible! And it's just about exactly what I need. Thanks Card! :hug

Shade - please elaborate :)

AmazonBabe
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:49:22 AM
Originally posted by Cardinal Aiyalin
I am eyeing that black corset outfit that Padme wears in AotC.. I already have patterns, and an idea of how to make it.. I just need a sewing machine, and free time.

I definitely want to make something before the Ep III premiere, that way I can wear it!

:lol Glad I'm not going to the same premier as you, otherwise we'd end up being twins. :p

I found a seamtress that makes a kick-butt black corset dress (among many other Ep 3 costumes), so I'll have her make it (I'm too lazy to make it myself ^_^; )

Cardinal Aiyalin
Aug 11th, 2004, 03:51:10 PM
lol AB! :)

I *was* eyeing that pastel lake dress confection that she wore in AotC.. but I realized the hell that I would put myself through making it... The corset dress doesn't look *that* hard to make, and I should have it done by May :)

I love dressing up!

Syren Wyssholt
Aug 13th, 2004, 10:50:51 AM
Yeah, as Cyrel stated ... we needs the moola first. However, I have my Dark Jedi costume finished, just no pics yet. I have to finish the hem on my cloak but that's about it. My saber is going to take a while because its going to cost me around $1000 - $1500 to make. In the meantime, I'll end up getting a different saber to use while I work on making the other. :) I know for fact that the saber I'm making hasn't been made before so it'll be fun.

The next round of costumes I'll be making (while working on Cyrel's Dark Jedi & Crimson Guard costumes) are as follows:

Mara Jade's

Ysanne Isard's Imperial Officer's Uniform (To be used to join the 501st)

our LoTR costumes

Several miscellaneous medieval costumes.

Winning a lottery about now would be nice :)

A friend of mine does make costumes for other people. Here's her link (http://www.geocities.com/tkvanb/) if there are any costumers in the Chicagoland area.

Shade Magus
Aug 13th, 2004, 05:02:29 PM
well you see we get this nifty black belt for our LE gear. And I don' know if it would work for you, and to be honest we still can't figure out how we did this, but we rigged the flashlight holders into a saber clip. I can't get it like the one we made, but it can end up looking pretty good. Then if you want to go for the little utility belt thing, we got all kinds of stuff to add on. Also got quite a few props that people could use for bounty hunter stuff...let's see...I just got a bunch of cool stuff that's all I can say. I just know we either use the gear for props, paintballing, or work if we must.

Rognan Dar
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:42:08 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Those saber tutorials are incredible! And it's just about exactly what I need. Thanks Card! :hug

Wow. That is a great site. I wish that those designs could have blades like the double, but I guess you cant get everything.

Figrin D'an
Aug 18th, 2004, 08:44:19 PM
I've constructed lightsabre hilts before, so if you want any pointers or tips, let me know.

Like, this (http://www.thegjo.com/props/Vader1.jpg) one... a replica of the Vader sabre from ANH.

Or, I know there are plans around for this (http://www.thegjo.com/props/Kenobi1.jpg) famous one, too. I might still have some... I'll have to dig in my droves of archived files.