PDA

View Full Version : Withered Minds

Jesimae Phoenix
Aug 5th, 2004, 08:07:10 PM
What started out as revenge ended up being her life’s work. Hunting people for a high price, killing for those in need, eluding the government and sometimes death, everything she had ever known was becoming a sudden burden. Jesimae Phoenix was a master at finding those who didn’t want to be found and even better at staying hidden from all those who searched for her, to go unnoticed whenever she wanted. But it was getting old, she didn’t want to be a face in the crowd anymore she wanted someone to know her and, unfortunately, someone wanted just that. She was good at what she did, nobody would ever beg to differ, except her.

For one to never doubt their own decisions, having done it for the first time in nearly ten years would horrify anyone but it had made sense and it soon became the only thing on her mind. Second-guessing was dangerous in her line of work considering she had the scars to prove it but Jesimae couldn't help but feel drawn to the thought of actually doing something besides making people miserable for in turn, it had finally done the same to her.
Jesimae stared out the window for the longest time to watch Coruscant's skyline, thinking to herself that it was the city that literally never slept. The buildings with the lights off made her envy those who were sound asleep in their warm cozy beds, dreaming sweet things they’d get to tell their families in the morning for she had never experienced such things. Gritting her teeth at the thought, she turned away and walked to the kitchen to grab a drink, if she even had something.

It wasn’t unusual for her to be awake during the early morning hours, but tonight she chose to not sleep. Jesimae had an admirer, or enemy considering it was more likely. She had been given messages, letters, and anything to let her know she was being watched. Detailed explanations of her actions amongst many other things, someone was watching her, waiting till she had let her guard down. She wanted the person to come forward, tell her what they wanted, and then leave her alone.

Jesimae had found a bottle of liquor and decided to use it as a nightcap. Daylight would soon be coming and a little sleep was needed if she were going to meet the person face to face, especially if she was going to end up killing whoever it was.

Gimmick
Oct 31st, 2004, 05:30:54 PM
A series of loud thumps reverberate from the door to her quarters. Someone's knocking, ignoring the doorbell that was put there specifically for the purpose of drawing the resident's attention to whoever might be standing outside. The knocking doesn't pause either. The stream of noise persists, like whoever it is outside just can't wait to get in.

Jesimae Phoenix
Oct 31st, 2004, 09:38:42 PM
Jesimae heard the knock and quickly sat up from lounging in a large chair. She looked over her left shoulder half expecting to see some huge beast ready to shoot her dead, but she was prepared. She held a gun in her right hand, bottle of liquor in the other. She stood up quickly, putting the bottle down just as fast. Slowly she walked to her front door, passing her kitchen and dining room thinking to herself that it was finally time to meet her match, to meet the one who was wanting to be killed.

Gimmick
Oct 31st, 2004, 11:51:08 PM
The thunderous pounding stops as she gets near the door.

"Take your sweet time!" calls Gimmick. "It's not like I'm waiting to come in or anything. And you'd best have saved some of that stuff for me, or I'ma be mad. Oh, you can put the gun down, too. I'm not armed."

Jesimae Phoenix
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:11:57 PM
Shock from how he knew what she held in her hand and what she had been doing moments before. The fear in her belly had completely taken over considering it was not who she thought it would be.

"Who is out there?" She called out, "and how do you know I am armed?" She pushed her back against the wall as she slowly made her way towards the door, waiting for a reply to explain the details.

Gimmick
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:16:41 PM
"I have methods," he answers, sarcasm heavily coating the word "methods". He thinks it sounds corny, but he's supposed to be vague. If she knows the means she can try to counter them. "Look, don't sweat it. Here, I'll give you something you can call me. You can call me Gimmick, if you want to. Does that make it better?"

Jesimae Phoenix
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:40:31 PM
"Gimmick?" The name sounded fake and made her more nervous as to why she would even trust someone with such a name that meant many different things.

She was torn between rational thinking and pure curiosity, something she was prone to do wasn't either decisions but her gut told her to answer the door.

Jesimae was already regretting her choice before she even made it. Slowly she walked to the door and unlocked it slowly, cautiously. She was going to pull the door open and hold the gun to the mans face letting him know she didn't appreciate the visit, nor the sarcasm.

Gimmick
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:50:22 PM
Gimmick praises his short stature as the gun levels itself a few feet above his head.

"Point it down. I'm only three-foot-something."

A silver, shiny mask is pointed up at her. It doesn't have any obvious holes for eyes to see through, and the little ball-looking thing on the bottom approximates the position where a mouth might be. A broad hat casts part of the mask in shadow, and a tan cloak hides the small person's body.

"Here are my hands," he says as the cloak parts in two places to reveal brown gloves and arms covered in a lighter-brown shirt. "No arms. Now can I come in? You wouldn't believe how cold it can get out here."

Jesimae Phoenix
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:58:32 PM
Jesimae tilted her head to the side, surprised, if not shocked to see such an odd looking creature. Lowering her gun she blinked trying to make sense of what she was looking at but it only caused her more confusion.

She closed her mouth and stepped aside, granting him access, wondering what it was she saw.

"S-sure."

Gimmick
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:13:27 AM
"Thanks," he says, his voice carrying genuine gratitude. He folds his hands back under his cloak and wipes his feet before stepping inside. "Can I have some of that bottle?" he asks, walking to it and picking it up. "I've got my own glass. No need to worry with dirty dishes." Gimmick hops up in her chair and sinks into it, heaving a relaxing sigh. "A guy could live here if he didn't have work to do."