PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help - Re Pirate Movies

jjwr
Aug 5th, 2004, 06:29:36 PM
Ok heres the deal, I moderator another forum based on the Wizkids Miniatures Game - Pirates of the Spanish Main.

I wanna make a few polls on the site about best Pirate Movies, best Pirate Characters, etc....or best Pirate Villians, in this case the people like the English Captain from Pirates of the Carribean.

Anywho, I figured you guys might be able to help me, for all I thought about I could only think of Depp from Pirates and Wesley from Princess Bride.

Help.......

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 5th, 2004, 07:10:19 PM
Muppets Treasure Island - Tim Curry played Long John Silver
Cutthroat Island - Matthew Modine and Gina someone were in that one.

Errol Flynn played a pirate in his day, although I couldn't name the movie/s.

Treasure Planet? Couldn't tell you anything about it, as I've not really watched it.

There were pirates in Swiss Family Robinson too, can't forget them. ;)

That's all I can come up with at the moment... :uhoh

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 5th, 2004, 07:11:56 PM
Errol Flynn played in a pirate movie, two actually, Captain Blood and the Sea Hawk (had to look that up). Others I found on IMBD are The Crismon Pirate staring Burt Lancaster, how about Treasure Island with Robert Newton as Long John Silver (Robert Newton also played Blackbeard, or Hook with Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook. There was a movie about the pirate Jean Leffiet but darn't it I can think of the name of the movie.

Ryan Pode
Aug 5th, 2004, 08:08:47 PM
Geena Davis was in Cut Throat island (which is a great Pirate movie).

Lets see... Goonies. That deals with pirates. That was a good movie.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 5th, 2004, 08:19:04 PM
Let's not forget Peter Pan! There are several different Peter Pan movies, including Hook.

Jacob Isaacs played Capt. Hook in the new live action Peter Pan movie that opened in February. He was excellent.

Ryan Pode
Aug 5th, 2004, 08:21:37 PM
Yes, but that ending was horrible. Hook was a good one.

Alex
Aug 6th, 2004, 05:50:34 AM
Originally posted by jjwr
Ok heres the deal, I moderator another forum based on the Wizkids Miniatures Game - Pirates of the Spanish Main.

I wanna make a few polls on the site about best Pirate Movies, best Pirate Characters, etc....or best Pirate Villians, in this case the people like the English Captain from Pirates of the Carribean.

Anywho, I figured you guys might be able to help me, for all I thought about I could only think of Depp from Pirates and Wesley from Princess Bride.

Help.......

Not trying to be picky on purpose, but the English "Captain" was actually either a Lieutenant or a Commodore...we only saw him for a matter of seconds in the film when he was a Captain. And yes, ok, he was in command of a ship, which entitles him to be called Captain, but...I'm just picky. :D

Treasure Planet = Lame. When my friend (who snores) fell asleep about 15 minutes into it, I decided not to go.

To add to the villain's/films list, I think Peter Pan in Hook deserves an entry of his own - Robin Williamson in tights? *shudders* Scary.

jjwr
Aug 6th, 2004, 07:51:15 AM
Oh geez how did I forget about Peter Pan!

I had thought of Goonies as well, thats a great one!

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 6th, 2004, 09:05:16 AM
The Buccanneer starring Yul Brenner is the other one I was thinking about. He played the pirate Jean Lafitte.

Mu Satach
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:12:18 AM
Ice Pirates. ;) :D

Telan Desaria
Aug 11th, 2004, 02:48:12 PM
The Buccaneer - Jean Lafytte - - - my favorite pirate movie of all time.

darth_mcbain
Aug 11th, 2004, 03:35:46 PM
Graham Chapman in Yellowbeard :)