PDA

View Full Version : Losing mind...

Alf
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:58:42 PM
Yesterday on a spur of the moment thing, me and some freind went to Six Flags Magic Mountain and somewhere between a town called Ojai or something like that and Santa Barbara, CA I forgot driving completely...apparently I made a few phone calls as well...I just gotta know if this kinda stuff has happened to anyone else?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 4th, 2004, 06:34:43 PM
If you mean zoning out while driving, yes I suppose I've done that. Drive to my old house instead of my new house, that sort of thing.

If you mean forgetting a phone call, yes, I've done that too. A few days ago in fact, I asked Ty why he hadn't returned my phone call, and he said "Uh, we talked on the phone since then, don't you remember?" And of course I sort of did after he said that.

But if you mean doing both at the same time, no, I've never done that.

Yurza Magus
Aug 4th, 2004, 06:39:48 PM
Something like that...more of the fact that I just don't remember the trip and I drove. we stopped for gas, didn't remember. It was like I was waking up when my freind was tapping my arm to tell me my phone was ringing.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 4th, 2004, 06:40:16 PM
Were you drunk?!

Shade Magus
Aug 4th, 2004, 10:45:32 PM
No...just tired, and extremely wet

Tear
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:48:11 AM
More then a few times I would get up in the mornings to head to school which is a good 30-40 min drive. Then while driving I I've just completely zoned out. So when I reach my campus I dont remember the trip there...
:p ...its actually kinda scary if you think about it.

I think its partly because if you dont get more then 8 or 9 hours sleep the night before your brain does this thing called "microsleeps" where it rests for a few seconds then starts up again. It'll do that throughout the day too to try and catch up on missed sleep.

I think thats how it works anyway. If anyone knows the exacts of the Microsleeps thing feel free to set me straight.

Charley
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:22:58 PM
Go watch the Mothman Prophecies :)

Shade Magus
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:19:16 PM
Strange movie...very strange...