PDA

View Full Version : I'm BAAAAACK....with pics! *grin*

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 3rd, 2004, 07:09:12 PM
My trip to Vegas: Here are the pics (http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/celtwich/album?.dir=/ce00&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/celtwich)

And yes, it was a Star Trek convention. Surprisingly, however, it was incredibly diverse - in that it wasn't Star Trek only, but Stargate SG-1 and Star Wars. I ran into a Jedi Knight while I was there, matter of fact....and they sold models, replica props (i.e. Vader, Luke or Count Dooku's lightsabers, Leia's thermal detonator and so forth - those were the ones I saw) and other stuff. Even if you weren't a Trekkie, you would have enjoyed it...I think. :rollin

-K.D.

Sanis Prent
Aug 3rd, 2004, 07:26:09 PM
NERDS!

/ogre :cool

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 3rd, 2004, 08:25:07 PM
Nerds? WHERE?! *looks around frantically* :D

-K.D.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 3rd, 2004, 09:07:54 PM
Cool! Look slike you had fun :D

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 3rd, 2004, 09:14:23 PM
Indeed so, though I was very tired after it was over. I spent a good deal of the convention on my feet, since the only available chairs were in the auditorium. However, all went very well, and I got the stuff - and pics! - to prove it. :D

-K.D.

AmazonBabe
Aug 4th, 2004, 10:29:34 AM
Looks like you had loads of fun!! :D

Great pics!!

Crystal
Aug 6th, 2004, 01:39:22 AM
Any large sci-fi convention, even if it's for a certian movie/show, is going to have people dressed up from everything you can think of. Including anime.

Nice pics :)

Alex
Aug 6th, 2004, 06:07:23 AM
My mum would be very jealous of you...she has a thing for people with "Nice-sounding voices" Casey Briggs is on her list...

I remember at the one I went to in Blackpool (yes, they actually have famous people coming to England!!), they had most of the Voyager cast...it was celebrating the "Return" of Voyager. No Jeri Ryan (:(), but it did have Robert Picardo doing stand up...that was funny. And RDM (Tom Paris) and Ethan Phillips make almost as good a double act on stage as they did on screen. :)

Kate Mulgrew was good, too. Did she do her insane "No one will leave this convention until they have an autograph from me" thing?

Oh, and my Nerdiness forces me to point out that its "Colonel Kira" now. ;)

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 7th, 2004, 05:47:33 PM
Alex: Robbie McNeill was supposed to be at this convention, but he canceled - got a directing job or something. As for the good Captain-turned-Admiral Janeway, I dunno, I didn't get hers. Probably, though...

My stepfather Jim went up to ask Nana Visitor (Kira) about a DS9 movie, and he also commented that his roleplaying character was a cousin of Kira Nerys, which he named Kira James (he has some human blood, apparently). He told me afterwards that his heart was beating like mad while he was up there. How he didn't go "Ah! Eee! Ooh!" (to quote my mother when the dogs get all jumpy, LOL), I dunno....

-K.D.