PDA

View Full Version : Nomar Trade

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:47:46 PM
I haven't brought this up don't know why and nobody else has either. But Nomar was trade in 4 team trade on saturday, personally it was a good trade. Nomar didn't want to play for Boston at all, it was reported he said he might have to go back to DL and he hadnt' been giving it all for the team. Plus his defense has stunk this year, so what they did is trade for two gold glovers who can help them approve their defense. At least they will have great defense now which will help them get that wild card and go for a WS. Also nobody got Randy, the Dodgers were very close too close, but Arizona wanted way too much and the Dodgers balked.

jjwr
Aug 3rd, 2004, 06:11:44 AM
Very good trade for the Sox, they weren't going to re-sign him anyways and he was telling teammates that he may miss up to 1/3 of the remaining games, and for those he has played its not like he's been stellar on the field.

As they said on PTI last night it will be interesting to see how much he plays for the Cubs, if he plays the rest of the year they its pretty obvious he was dogging it for the Sox.

The Sox will be fine, one funny thing I've been hearing is about the Yankee's and their inability of getting Johnson, as they are now saying the Yankee's cupboards are bare, too many trades have taken their toll and their once stellar Farm System that produced so many great Yankee's the past 10 years is now depleted.

JMK
Aug 3rd, 2004, 06:51:14 AM
Awwwww...now that's a shame! ;)

As for the Sox trade, I was sad to see Cabrera leave here as he was by far my favorite Expo, even when Guerrero was in town, but it will be very nice to see him playing in meaningful games in late September and (hopefully) October as well.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 3rd, 2004, 11:00:54 AM
Yeah Cabrea is a very good SS and he is a good replacement. Also about nomar is this article
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040802

It shows that his teammates didn't like him at all, I don't know he sounds like a jerk to me but that is my opinion. To do that to your teammates is just bad. About the Yankees yeah that is why they couldn't get Johnson, the Dodgers had the best chance but the Diamonbacks ended up wanting too much. Actually I think the Yankees pitching situation will be there downfall come October. They can't win a WS with the pitching they currently have. Right now I am leaning to the Cardinals winning the thing, they have an amazing year and I think they will just cruise in the postseason, but that is just my feeling.

JMK
Aug 3rd, 2004, 12:34:09 PM
Nomar did sound like a moody teammate. I guess we will see who the real Nomar is if he decides to play as many games as he can with Chicago. He told Boston management that he may have to go back on the DL because of his achilles...a whole lot of hooey to me. He was just being difficult because he wanted to force management's hand to move him.

As far as the WS goes, I think the Cubs really helped themselves over the weekend if Nomar plays like Nomar. If their pitching staff is healthy I think they will take the WS. I don't think a division winner is going to win this season, I see them all crumbling at some point. Before the deadline I would have said the Dodgers could win it all, but now they've seriously diluted their bullpen and ripped the heart and soul of that team away.

Figrin D'an
Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:57:12 PM
As a Cubs fan, I'm pretty happy with the trade. Alex Gonzalez, while an above average player when healthy, just hasn't been able to play enough to have an impact for them this season. They needed a shortstop badly... platooning the position just wasn't working. Nomar seems to be happy with the situation, and I'm hoping the Cubs can at least make the playoffs as the Wild Card, if nothing else to give Nomar a reason to stick around for a few years. If he plays like the MVP-calibur player he can be, the Cubs will be just that much more dangerous for the next few seasons. Past that, however, Alou and Maddux will all be looking at retirement, with Sosa a couple years afterward.

It's kinda of nice to have another really big-name player on the team though. The Cubs and the fans needed something to inject some enthusiasm into the late-season push, and getting Nomar seems to have helped.

ReaperFett
Aug 3rd, 2004, 02:13:33 PM
I didn't know the Sub-Mariner played Baseball! :eek

JMK
Aug 3rd, 2004, 02:19:14 PM
Yeah, they dug up his wetlands and pressed him into service. He's quite the head case as he is constantly trying to play in that scaly green speedo of his. :p

Jedieb
Aug 3rd, 2004, 03:34:18 PM
I think Nomar will help the Cubs secure the WC, but I'm not sure if it'll be enough to get them past the Cards. That last 2 game set the 2 teams played was devastating. The Cubs should have won both games but the Cards just bullied them. I think they'll probably face off at some point in the playoffs and the winner will lose to the Yankees in the WS.

That's right, I said it! BTW Sox fans, you're still 9 back and watching us win the division yet again. The Evil Empire LIVES! :evil

Jedieb
Aug 3rd, 2004, 03:37:09 PM
It looks like Nomar really is planning on playing most of the remaining games with the Cubs. He's denying ever saying he planned on missing all those games. It'll be a battle of 'he said, they said,' for the rest of the season. I'm not a Sox fan, but I've admired Nomar for years. He's always been a gamer and the Sox dissed him in the off season with all of the A-Rod talk. He was probably the most popular athlete Boston had since Bird. The Sox didn't do him justice.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 3rd, 2004, 09:50:53 PM
Nope the Yankees pitching stinks, I think they will get beat by Oakland in the ALCS and it will be St. Louis over Oakland. This is the year of the cardinals.

Figrin D'an
Aug 3rd, 2004, 10:47:20 PM
St. Louis has a trend of collapsing in the playoffs though. Their pitching has been just as suspect at times this season. They win games by scoring a ton of runs. If they have to face a good solid pitching staff in the playoffs, they can be beaten. The Dodgers and A's would have the pitching to take them out. And, despite the outcome of the season series, I think the Cubs can take them out as well.

To be honest, I believe the playoffs are wide-open this year. Just about any of the teams in playoff position right now are capable of going on a run and winning the World Series. St. Louis has looked very good at times, but they have some big flaws, too.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:18:12 AM
True, St. Louis just has looked good though, I think there are starters are more consistent than the Dodgers though. The Dodgers would have been my pick if the could have got Randy.

jjwr
Aug 4th, 2004, 06:22:01 AM
That's right, I said it! BTW Sox fans, you're still 9 back and watching us win the division yet again. The Evil Empire LIVES!

Nah, Yankee's are only 17-13 since the start of July, the only reason they have hte big lead is how well they played earlier in the year. I think there are least 4 games left between the teams and if the Yankee's keep playing the way they are now the Sox could easily close that gap.

Oddly enough the Red Sox are 15-12 in that same span, so pretty much the same record. The game is very much on :)

And with the Yankee's pitching the way they are now they will lose in the Playoffs.

Imagine if the Yankee's don't win, roughly $184 Million Payroll + $60 some Million in Luxury tax = $284 Million to watch another team with the trophy. So George will have spent almost 1/2 Billion dollars the past two years for nothing but a depleted farm system and a number of aging players(though some very good ones). Fun!

JMK
Aug 4th, 2004, 06:55:13 AM
Gagne gives up 2 runs last night after having pitched 3 innings the night before...I think we're already seeing the devastating effects the LoDuca/Mota trade will have on the Dodgers. Way to go Mr. DiPodesta! >D

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 4th, 2004, 09:18:32 AM
Well of course they were hoping for Randy Johnson they should never had made that trade if they couldn't have got him.

JMK
Aug 4th, 2004, 10:49:37 AM
Yep, that's the kind of deal and the type of oversight that can get a GM fired. If the Dodgers fall apart, it may very well cost him his job.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:06:09 AM
Well they have almost a 5 game lead over San Diego, and the Padres aren't helping themselves any. I think the Dodgers will win that division, how far they will go in the playoffs though I have no idea.

CMJ
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:15:59 AM
Hey, what about Atlanta? People have been writing off the Braves since about '98. It's amazing they'll probably win AGAIN.

Bobby Cox might be the best Manager in the game.

jjwr
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:06:43 PM
Yeah the Braves are impressive, their run is just about unprecedented. The problem though is they've only won one Championship so they get overlooked a lot as a great team.

JMK
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:45:40 PM
They always find a way to get back on top of the heap. But failure to translate regular season success in to playoff championchips does cause a great number of people to overlook them. I'm not one of them as I've been looking up in the division at them for years and years now. I hate the Braves. But I'm grateful that I'll be going to a game at Turner Field at the end of August vs the Giants. It will be the first time I see a Major League ball game outside of Montreal, and the first time I see Barry Bonds. :rollin

Jedieb
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:08:08 PM
The Dodgers really screwed the pooch with those trades. It's going to cost them in the post season if they get that far. Oakland's hot, but until they actually manage to win a post season series I'm not penciling them in for the ALCS. They've been first round dissapointments for 4 years now after strong second halfs. They'll do it again. As for the Yanks, in the entire history they've NEVER blown a division after leading by 6 or more. And the the Sox don't have the history or the luck to catch them. The AL East is OVER.

Jedieb
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:14:14 PM
Shef ties the game in the bottom of the 9th with a 2 run HR. The Evil Empire ROCKS!!!! :shootin

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:53:06 PM
Problem is the Yankees will get beat in the playoffs, sure not by the Red Sox but by somebody, there pitching is horrible, I don't think a team with a ERA over 5 has ever one the WS and that is what New York has right now. About the Braves well it is amazing, but I think the Twins situation is more amazing, they are considered a small market team but have won like 3 straight division titles, with there payroll that is amazing.

Jedieb
Aug 4th, 2004, 09:14:13 PM
And A-Rod leaves the A's on the field with a 2 run walk off HR. As for the Yanks pitching problems, they've had a lot of injuries to contend with and their ERA isn't as bad as you might think. At 4.61 their ERA ranks 8th in the AL and overall, they rank 6th in the AL. They won't go into the playoffs with dominant pitching, and it probably will cost them. What I like about this year's squad is that they keep coming from behind to win games. Tonight was a perfect example. They really do need another starter. Loaiza wasn't spectacular tonight, but he gave them some solid innings.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 4th, 2004, 09:17:34 PM
Well I think they will lose in the playoffs to some team, if is the A's, Cardinals or Cubs (all have better pitching staffs). Heck even the Twins could be dangerous for them, they have been playing very good of late.

Jedieb
Aug 4th, 2004, 09:21:07 PM
The Twins scare me way more than the A's. Hell, Anaheim is more dangerous. I just think the Yankees are in the A's heads. Anyway, I think St. Louis is the best team in MLB right now. What I saw them do to the Cubs the last time they played was impressive. Right now, they could probably make short work of any team the AL has. But man, a Cards Yanks series would be awesome. Both those stadiums would be insane in October.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 4th, 2004, 09:34:31 PM
True, it would be a great series.

jjwr
Aug 5th, 2004, 06:05:56 AM
Yankee's come back because of their offense against whatever scrubs the other team can throw at them late in the games.

Take last night for example, wasn't the guy a rookie who was pitching? The ESPN guy even called it before Jeter stepped to the plate, game over, they will hit off this guy.

In the Playoffs though everygame is key so in those late games starters or top releivers come in and work those 10th, 11th innings and they won't be able to tee off against the 10th and 11th guy on the pitching roster.

JMK
Aug 5th, 2004, 07:43:13 AM
I'm sure the Yankees are going to get to the WS before bowing out to the Cubs or Cards, at least that's what I tend to believe at this point. I can't see that staff holding up through October, no matter how many runs they may put up.

Jedieb
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:36:51 PM
Brown was a stud today. He threw 8 shut out innings against a very good hitting A's team. He's 9-1 now and looks like the best starter the Yanks will take into the post season. That's if he can stay healthy. The Mariners cut the former batting champ Olerud and in 2 games with the Yanks he's 5 for 8 with 5 RBI's. He's played in NY with the Mets so he knows the town and what it's like to play there. He's struggled over the last year and a half but this guy is an excellent defensive 1B and if he finds his stroke again he could easily hit over .300 for the rest of the season. The Yanks only had to pay him the league minimum while the Mariners will have to pay him the balance of his $7M salary. This will let Giambi take his time coming off the DL and give Torre another bat in the playoffs. Sweeeet.

Cyrel Annat
Aug 7th, 2004, 11:42:25 AM
As a die-hard Cubs fan, the Nomar trade has me just short of giddy like a schoolboy. As far as him 'not playing' and all of his injuries, frankly, I think it's his way of snubbing the Red Sox the way they did it to him. Before last night, the Cubs had won 4 straight with him in the line-up, and only the fact that Clement was on his C-game really hurt that. That and being up against Schmitt (Schmidt?) who is one of the top pitchers in the league at this point in the season. Nomar still had 2 or 3 hits. (not sure about the totals). He's definitely in Chicago to play and play well.

With the Cardinals, yes, they have great pitching this year. Surprisingly so. The one main difference between the Cubs and Cards is injuries. Now, I'm not making excuses. The Cubs did quite well with all the injuries that they had, but let's see how St. Louis does if Edmonds, Rolen, or Pujols goes down for a month. A healthy Cubs team going down the stretch, especially with the addition of Nomar to solidify the SS position should be downright terrifying to other teams. Going down the stretch, the Cubs will (hopefully) have a healthy Wood and Prior to go along with Clement, Maddux and Zambrano, and if someone fails, there's a guy by the name of Ryan Dempster that the Cubs picked up in the off-season and gave a shot to. If he comes back to pre-injury form, you've got 6 solid starters for the 5-man rotation. Or, a pretty effective long-reliever if someone gets shelled.

I think if the Cubs make the post-season, they make the WS and really, they have a good chance at winning it all this year. It's been said many times before, but this really does appear to be their best chance at it. And for Nomar, I think he likes the atmosphere of the team, and the reception that the fans gave him his first day had to leave its mark in a good way.

Figrin D'an
Aug 7th, 2004, 02:49:18 PM
The biggest risk for the Cardinals is that they may have peaked too early. Their big bats will be there for the rest of the season (Rolen, Edmonds, Pujols, and now Walker), but I still think their pitching is due for some problems down the stretch. They'll still win the NL Central, but I think the Cubs are going to close the gap and at least make the Cardinals earn the division title. Once the playoffs start, anything can happen, especially in a short divisional series.

Jedieb
Aug 7th, 2004, 04:47:22 PM
That lineup is now just going to be brutal. Yeah, Walker's numbers out of Coors aren't spectacular. And Busch isn't the stadium you go to inflate your numbers, but he's still a decent hitter. Lefty, righty, lefty, right,..... LaRussa is going have fun with that lineup.

Figrin D'an
Aug 7th, 2004, 08:05:13 PM
On another note, Greg Maddux won his 300th game against the Giants today. He'll probably be the last 300-game winner for some time.

To win that many games, and not have a dominant fastball, is pretty darn impressive.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2004, 08:26:08 PM
I think Glavin could win 300 if he pitches three more years.

JMK
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:02:58 AM
Yeah Glavine has an outside shot, but he's going to have to remain as good as he is for 3 more years and it won't be easy since he's starting to get up there in age.

CMJ
Aug 8th, 2004, 02:48:49 PM
AND...he plays for the Mets. ;)

I'm really happy for Maddux. He's not the most talkative guy, but he's class all the way. He's had what...15 straight seasons of 15 or more wins??

One of the most consistent pitchers ever.

jjwr
Aug 9th, 2004, 04:45:45 AM
They had a ESPN Segment talking about Maddux's 300th win and the next likely candidates. It was really interesting to see how far away most pitchers realistically are of ever reaching the goal.

It showed the long spans in years between 300 game winners, ranging from 26 down to 12 years for the top 4, the 12yr was Ryan to Clemens.

Some names mentioned included Glavine, who may have a shot. Randy Johnson was brought up but at only 240 he'll need 3 more seasons minimum. Mussina is just over 200 wins so he's a long way to go and already 35. Schilling is at only 175 so he won't make it. Pedro is closing in on 200 but he's also around 32.

I can't recall the name, Maybe Hudson? Said he's won 15+ for the past 3 years and is in his last 20's, he could have a slot, but like they said he would need to average 20 wins a year for the next 10 years and still not be there.

A impressive total to be sure, and like they said there could never be another 300 game winner, its very possible. 30 more wins for Maddux and he will be top 10 all time, and like ESPN says if he gets there he could never leave that list.

As far as him 'not playing' and all of his injuries, frankly, I think it's his way of snubbing the Red Sox the way they did it to him.

The problem is this all turned into a massive He said/She said. Who knows where the truth lies, yes the Sox shopped him in the off season and tried to pay him closer to market value. Thats business though, they all should know that by now. If what the Sox are saying is true and Nomar had been torpedo'ing the season then thats wrong, if he wants to screw the team and Management then he could just walk in the off-season but screwing the team hurts all the players who had nothing to do with it.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:52:42 AM
Well before the potential A-Rod trade, his agent told them pay him 16 million a year or trade him. After that kind of remark they should have traded him, but it should have been done before the season, they honestly waited too late, it would have never got like this if they had traded him after the A-Rod mess.

JMK
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:54:46 AM
I think Mark Mulder may have a shot too, he's still young like Hudson, but both are in the 80 win range. Mulder is 27 and Hudson is now 29. They would both have to be great for the next 10 years at least. Another guy they mentioned is C.C. Sabathia, because he's already at 51 wins and is only 24 years old.

I can't believe Schilling only has 175 wins. Very strange for someone of that caliber.

jjwr
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:50:08 AM
When they mentioned Schilling they said he didn't get really good until later in his Career so his wins have piled up but not until after he was 30.

Nomar should definetly have been traded prior to the season. I know they tried to resign him the year before but I think he refused though the offer was solid. The whole thing has been a mess and we'll never really know what went down now.

JMK
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:17:28 AM
Just another painful chapter in the history of the Sox.
They should have anticipated things going wrong (maybe not this wrong) but they should have considered how things would change if they didn't succeed in signing A-Rod. They HAD to know that if they were not successful, that the Yankees would swoop in and pick him up and that Nomar would be disgruntled. It would be naive to think that no one in the Sox organization could have foreseen this happening. Of course, the Yankees did grab A-Rod which made things 10 times worse.

Bottom line: the Sox should have done whatever it took to sign A-Rod, they were only a few million dollars short of signing him, they are rich enough to be able to find those few extra million dollars. The extra mile from the owners would have made all the difference and this would never have happened.

jjwr
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:56:47 AM
In retrospect though, NoMar aside would it have been the best thing? A-Rod is having a solid season but I wouldn't say he's playing better than Manny who's having a MVP type season.

Nomar is a wash as he missed so many games but getting Cabrerra and the Twins guy in return has been solid as well.

I think what most poeple forget is it wasn't Nomar for A-Rod, it was Manny for A-Rod and NoMar would have been traded to make room for A-Rod, though I don't recall the player they were discussing, curious what kind of a year he's having.

Though on the flip side if it meant the Yankee's not getting A-Rod then it probably would have been worth it, imagine how anemic their offense would be without A-Rod out there, their pitching is horrible and he fuels the attack, they would be a totally different team. Sigh....oh well.

Jedieb
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:31:18 AM
Without A-Rod the Yankees would still have a potent offense. Remember, it was A-Rod for Soriano.
A-Rod .280 29HR 71RBI
Soriano .281 22HR 70RBI

I'd rather have A-Rod of course, but Soriano's numbers are more than solid. Shef has been the most consistent offensive player the Yankees have had all season. They've depended more on him than A-Rod to carry them at times. Bottom line, they're stacked offensively. They'd need to lose 2 or 4 guys to have a big drop off.

JMK
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:01:51 PM
They've already lost Giambi, so one more loss and the rest of us can start to hope! :p

Going back to A-Rod in Boston, yes, it was for Manny, but the last time I looked, Manny plays a lazy left field where the fence is quite short; he has a lot less room to cover as opposed to other left fielders, he hasn't got many long runs to make out there in front of the green monster. I think having A Rod instead of Manny would work out because in NY, his numbers aren't quite A-Rod numbers yet, but the law of averages may be taking over with them. You can't have 7 guys batting .300 and having 35 homers. Some will just fall short.

Jedieb
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:19:55 PM
They've already lost Giambi, so one more loss and the rest of us can start to hope!
:lol
That's why I said 2-4. Losing Giambi would devastate most clubs, but the Evil Empire is just stacked. Unfairly so, but nevertheless stacked.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 9th, 2004, 04:33:24 PM
Well I think the trade would have been bad considering Manny's numbers the other guy they were talking about getting to replace him is having a bad year. So it probably was for the best. They still should have traded Nomar, the Dodgers would have probably given Boston more to start the season than they got in the end. About the Yankees that offense won't help them in the post season, I can think of several vaunted offenses that fell apart in the post season the most famous being the 95 Indians.

jjwr
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:33:27 PM
Soriano was underachiving in NY though, you can't say he'd have the same numbers he is now, thats a Jonathon extrapolation :)

Yankee's seem to be more about timely hitting than a consistent dominant staff, they always seem to come through with the hits when they need them and its not usually the big guys, thats whats saved them quite a few wins this year.

Jedieb
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:04:11 PM
Soriano was underachiving in NY though, you can't say he'd have the same numbers he is now, thats a Jonathon extrapolation
Soriano underachieved in last year's post season, but not the regular season. From his 3rd season on his regular season numbers have always been solid.
01 - 18 HR 73 RBI .268
02 - 39 HR 102 RBI .300
03 - 38 HR 91 RBI .290

This year, he'll end up with simlilar numbers. Over 30HR and close to 100 RBI. So his current numbers really aren't much of a surprise. He strikes out too much to be an effective leadoff hitter IMO, but he's a good #2 or #3 hitter. Texas is getting pretty much what they expected from him.

JMK
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:24:10 PM
10 years ago today baseball called it a season, and effectively ruined baseball in my town.

Here are the stats and key players of that incredible "what if" team:

74 wins, 40 losses .649

Marquis Grisson, Moises Alou, Wil Cordero, Larry Walker, Mike Lansing, Cliff Floyd, Sean Berry, Darrin Fletcher, Rondell White, Ken Hill, Jeff Fassero, Butch Henry, Pedro Martinez, Kirk Rueter, Mel Rojas, John Wetteland.

Here's a link to the full roster and their stats:
http://tinyurl.com/64wff

:cry

Jedieb
Aug 12th, 2004, 05:13:28 PM
That really was the end of the Expos. That was a great roster and could have easily gotten to the WS.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 12th, 2004, 05:34:28 PM
Might of won that year too, it is very sad what has happened to the Expos. So I am guessing they are going to move to Washington (at least that seems to be what MLB wants to do) Will they keep the Expos? I don't think they should be named the Washington Senators again, the last two Senators team went bust.

jjwr
Aug 12th, 2004, 06:06:57 PM
That team was stacked, I do recall it happening and certain teams getting screwed but I didn't realize what kind of a roster they had....wow!

Jedieb
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:13:22 PM
I think the D.C area team will get a brand new name. I'm also hoping they go the N.VA area as opposed to D.C. The traffic would just be a nightmare. I'd go insane if I had to deal with the Beltway just to get to a baseball game.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:55:21 PM
I think N VA would be better too, some where near where the Redskins play. Of course they would have to temporarly play in old RFK if they do that.

JMK
Aug 13th, 2004, 06:44:14 AM
Don't look now guys, but the announcement regarding the future home of the Expos is now going to be pushed back to mid September.
I'm shocked at this turn of events.

If they don't announce where they will play next year at that meeting, they will be back in Montreal for yet another lame duck season. And people wonder where the fans have gone. For 5 years now fans here have been told that THIS is the last year of baseball in Montreal.

If the work stoppage in '94 was the bullet in the head for the Expos, then what would you call this: We actually HAD a design, downtown space, and SOLD season tickets for a new stadium around when Loria first showed up for what proved to be his fleece job of my team.
I guess that's just shooting an extra 6 shells into the corpse just to make sure it's dead....yet they're still here playing and no future home has been announced yet. I desperately want the team to stay, but I don't know if I can listen to any more ridicule from FOX sports and especially ESPN.

This from ESPN page 2's column:

Montreal Expos
Montreal went into the strike with the best record in baseball, having won 20 of its last 23 games. The Expos held a six-game lead over the Braves; and Montreal's young roster -- stacked with such players as Moises Alou, Cliff Floyd, Pedro Martinez and Larry Walker -- was only improving.

The work stoppage prevented the possibility of a World Series championship coming to Quebec.

But here's what happened in Page 2's parallel universe ...

The Expos had the jump on the Braves, and MLB, in '94.
The team hit some stumbling blocks along the way. Alou was lost for the season in late August after he sustained a severe, urine-related infection in his hand. A fatigued Pedro Martinez nearly blew a lead in Game 6 of the NLCS, but was yanked in the nick of time by a prudent manager, Felipe Alou.

But in the end, Montreal won the World Series in five games over the Yankees.

It really burns when I think of what may have been. If they had played out that season, baseball here would have been saved. Crowds of 40,000 were becoming routine, and if they had made the playoffs, and all experts agree they probably would have went to the WS, then baseball here wouldn't be in this mess. They wouldn't have had to drop all those great young players in a 48 hour span and they would have been contenders for years to come.

Oh yeah, and I just love how people go on and on about how the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row. Sure that season never really crowned a division winner, but I can tell you the Braves would have had their streak snapped at around 3 years and then the Expos would have taken over from there.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 13th, 2004, 10:05:13 AM
They really need to just move the Expos to RFK next season. I know the only issues I think is who the ownership is going to be and how much money to pay idiot Angelos up in Baltimore.

JMK
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:19:00 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
They really need to just move the Expos to RFK next season.

:shootin That's for blasphemy!

Jedieb
Aug 13th, 2004, 08:05:06 PM
Even if the Expos had come up short in the playoffs, they probably would have won the division and changed the power structure in the division. That's a team that probably could have challenged the braves for a few seasons. JMK, you poor bastard!

JMK
Aug 14th, 2004, 10:03:23 AM
Between Dolphin talk and Expos agony, it's a wonder I follow sports at all!

Ryan Pode
Aug 14th, 2004, 10:06:15 AM
You just pick teams that do bad, thats all.

JMK
Aug 14th, 2004, 10:08:53 AM
Yeah that must be it! Genius! :rolleyes

Jedieb
Aug 14th, 2004, 08:23:48 PM
Hey JMK, when I finally steal your Expos and they become the Northern Virginia Congressional Pages, are you still going to root for them?

JMK
Aug 15th, 2004, 01:34:21 PM
Only if you buy season tickets! ;)

JMK
Aug 20th, 2004, 05:42:07 AM
So Bud Selig gets a 3-year extension and we are all stuck with this dolt until 2009. If at the end of the labor agreement I hear how terrible the owners had it, and how strapped for cash they are, I'm going to puke. If they're all losing SO much money, why did they bring back the commissioner? His sole job is to make them money...if he isn't doing that then why is he getting an extension? Bunch of liars.

Still wondering about that Dodgers/Marlins trade? Gagne blew a save 2 nights ago and gave up the winning hit last night. Think the Dodgers miss Mota yet? Nahhh....
They still have a 5 game lead in the west, but they may have hurt themselves for the post season.

jjwr
Aug 20th, 2004, 05:55:08 AM
They extended Selig.....why? The guys an Idiot....

JMK
Aug 20th, 2004, 06:52:32 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1862921

Here's the worst part of the article:

Selig could be commissioner-for-life if he wanted to, according to several owners.

"At this point, yes," the New York Mets' Fred Wilpon said. "God willing, Bud's health will be good. His own interest may change. But right now I'd say yes."

Colorado Rockies vice chairman Jerry McMorris said the group would have extended Selig's term for however long he desired.

"If he had wanted six years, seven years, 10 years, I think he would have gotten it today," McMorris said.

The vote was UNANIMOUS for this jerk! How the hell does that happen?

Jedieb
Aug 20th, 2004, 05:19:55 PM
The vote was UNANIMOUS for this jerk! How the hell does that happen?
Because Al Davis doesn't have a vote!

I really don't hate Selig as much as I use to. Avoiding yet another strike with this last CBA has made me look upon him more favorably. In the end, this current labor peace is what got him this extension. No, things aren't nearly as good as in the NFL or the NBA (labor, union, competive balance), but the situation is better than it has been in over a decade. The NHL now has the worst management of the big 4. To the point where it probably isn't even one of the big boys anymore.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 20th, 2004, 09:07:47 PM
Heck if the NHL has a strike there may not be much of a league left when they come back. Back to baseball. The Yankees are playing horribly they lost again today, while Boston won again for the 10th time in the last 13 games. I am not sure if they could catch them but who knows at least Boston is helping themselves to win that wild card.

JMK
Aug 20th, 2004, 09:40:09 PM
What do the Yankees care at this point? The Sox WILL NOT catch them, and if they get close, the Yanks will turn it back on. They're simply lacking focus at the moment because no one can challenge their position. Once the end of the season rolls around they'll wake up again.

And yeah, the NHL is screwed. They need a major overhaul and the 2 sides are so set in their ways that a major breakdown is likely. Who knows how many teams can survive a long layoff.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 20th, 2004, 09:44:21 PM
Well the yankees are so banged up I don't think they can turn it on. I think they are messed up for the playoffs, IMO. They could even be first round exits if they don't get healthy.

JMK
Aug 21st, 2004, 06:25:16 AM
There's still a whole month left for them to get healthy, and they're going to expect a healthy Giambi back in time for the playoffs. If they get bounced in the first round I tend to think it will be because they choke, not because they're banged up. Everyone is feeling worn down at this time of the year, butI think the Yankees have a big enough lead to let some guys rest.

Something that happened this week that no one noticed is that the Expos played a double header in San Fran, except the 2nd game was actually a home game for the Expos, a rescheduled game that was rained out when they played in San Juan. Now that's silly. The game was played at Pac Bell park, who cares if the Expos were the home team. I'm not surprised that MLB decided to do this, money wise it makes sense, and they wouldn't want to make Barry come to Montreal and draw any fans at all, but that's besides the point. The wild card chase I assume will go right down to the wire, possibly won by a game or so...how will the Cubs and Padres feel if they lose out by a game or two with the knowledge that the Giants played one extra game in their park? I'd bet they wouldn't be too pleased, but I'm suprised no one else in the league has protested this yet.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 21st, 2004, 07:12:14 AM
From what I have heard Giambi won't be back this year at all. Its not official but pretty close. I was thinking their pitching it looks horrible and Mussina and Brown aren't healthy, if those two don't get healthy there is no way they can win.

jjwr
Aug 21st, 2004, 07:42:22 AM
Don't confuse these Yankee's with the ones of the 90's :) This isn't the stacked team that were brought up Yankee's, these are the mercenaries brought in to win. Not the same aura about them.....

The Yankee's are banged up and their starting pitching is horrible and that will cost them in the playoffs.

As for the Sox, they are on a roll, the pitchers are pitching again, the changes they made are paying off and they're finally getting their guys back form injury.

The Yankee's are 7 1/2 up and the teams play 6 more times, to say the Sox couldn't catch them is silly.

Jedieb
Aug 21st, 2004, 03:43:53 PM
The Yankee's are 7 1/2 up and the teams play 6 more times, to say the Sox couldn't catch them is silly.
Nah, to say the Yankees couldn't catch the Red Sox if they were trailing them by 6 games would be silly. (Do I have to bring up Bucky F. Dent?) In their ENTIRE history the Yankees have NEVER blown a post All-Star game of at least 5 1/2 games. That's a pretty amazing statistic. And if the day ever comes where they do blow it, the odds that the cursed Sox will be the ones to do is, well, silly! :evil

The Yankees aren't as strong as the O'Neal, Martinez, and Jeter teams of the 90's. They do need to get healthy.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 21st, 2004, 04:24:42 PM
Well who knows there could be a reversal of fortune here :p Seriously the Yankees would have to go on a huge losing streak to give it up to Boston, and the Red Sox of now would have to take at least 5 of 6 from them to even have a chance. Unless Boston gets within 5-5.5 by the end of the month. I am not going to think about it.

jjwr
Aug 21st, 2004, 08:42:47 PM
Down to 6.5.....its not likely the lead will be removed but the point is the Yankee's are ripe for the picking. These are not the '90's Yankee's, they are vulnerable and if they are not hitting the long ball they have been losing, this team has a very chance to go down in a 5 game series. They have been feasting on bad teams but a good team with any kind of pitching depth will put them to the test.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 21st, 2004, 09:06:54 PM
Yeah the Yankees would have to play awful to give up the lead at this point. Maybe be down to like 4.5 and then the sox win 5 out of 6, it is something that I wouldnt' count on. I think they can win the wild card right now.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 22nd, 2004, 04:26:38 PM
Well the yankees got swept today so if Boston wins tonight they will be 5.5 out, that would be unbelievable as they held a 10.5 game lead just last Saturday.

jjwr
Aug 22nd, 2004, 09:17:14 PM
As of about 5 seconds ago the lead is down to 5.5 games with a trip to Toronto coming.....

Check that rear view mirror Yankee's!

On the wild card front the Rangers, A's lost as well so that helps the Sox a bit too.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 22nd, 2004, 09:31:03 PM
Heh I was going to say the same thing. That division just got a whole lot closer. Should be interesting to see what happens next. This week New York plays Cleveland and Toronto and Boston plays Toronto and Detroit.

jjwr
Aug 23rd, 2004, 06:27:27 AM
The biggest problems is the Yankee's Creampuff schedule, though I find it funny they're having a lot of problems when they play teams with winning records but run over the Toronto's of the MLB....I wonder which side they will face in the Playoffs.....

JMK
Aug 23rd, 2004, 06:39:20 AM
Cleveland made their push last weekend, they came to within a half game or so of first, but they haven't won since. The Yankees should have their way with them.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 23rd, 2004, 07:26:30 AM
Who knows hopefully New York will struggle. Cleveland is a young scrappy team they could give those old dinosaurs some trouble :p Seriously NY I think will get knocked out of the first round if they get Oakland or Anaheim, just based on what we saw this weekend.

jjwr
Aug 23rd, 2004, 07:51:12 AM
Agreed, Yankee's really need to look out or they will lose in the first round. That would be so horrible too..... :)

I would love to see Cleveland win the series, not likely but it could happen. Luckily the Sox have Toronto this weekend so they should be able to take this series too.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 23rd, 2004, 04:31:11 PM
Toronto is horrible they could sweep them, I am hoping Cleveland beat Ny once then and then Boston gains another game in that scenerio.

JMK
Aug 23rd, 2004, 08:40:23 PM
Toronto has been playing pretty good ball lately and they showed it tonight, beating the Sox 3-0.

Cleveland has been playing poorly lately and they showed it tonight, losing 6-4 to the Yankees.

Who knew? :p

Jedieb
Aug 24th, 2004, 07:58:34 PM
I believe Boston has 6 straight games against Texas and Oakland next month. That stretch will probably determine the WC. The good news for you Sox fans is that the games are at Fenway. It's a tough schedule, but if it were me I'd rather be facing the teams I'm battling with than to have to depend on other teams to take them out. The lead is 6 1/2 right now and the Sox are beating the Blue Jays while the Yanks are tied with the Indians. I still don't think the Yankees will lose the division, but they sure as hell aren't playing like a team that could beat the Cards in a 7 game series. Even the Cubs look like they could take the Yanks.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 24th, 2004, 10:21:00 PM
I think the Red Sox could take them in a seven game series right now in the playoffs. Honestly I am more thinking about the Wild card anyway because 6 1/2 is a big gap and New York would just have to play horrible like lose more than they win from here out. Also I think the western teams are going to beat each other up. They are all within a game for the division title and they play each other one series each in september. I think Oakland should win but I have a feeling they are just going to knock each other around, while Boston is playing Tampa and Baltimore.

jjwr
Aug 25th, 2004, 06:12:04 AM
New York has to worry about a 5 game series not necessarily a 7 game series against the NL.

If they say play the Twins in the opening round and come out flat like they did against Anaheim they could go down hard.

Jedieb
Aug 25th, 2004, 04:02:57 PM
That's one of the reasons I hope they never change that opening series from 5 games to 7. I think a 5 game series is great for underdogs. It gives them a chance to sneak up on an overconfident favorite and stun them. If you're a favorite and you lose a 5 game series because you didn't bring your A-game, tough cookies. I felt no pity for the Mariners when they fell flat on their face after winning all those games a couple of years ago.

jjwr
Aug 26th, 2004, 06:42:10 AM
Agreed, the 5 game series are fun, anything can happen. While the 7 game series award the deeper teams with deeper pitching staffs.

Now how do they do the playoffs matchups? Wouldn't the Top seeded team...i.e. Yankee's play the wild card team in the 1st round? 1st vs 4th? I know it didn't work out that way last year though.

I think Sox could take the Yankee's in a 5 or 7, either way the games would be close though, it would be another great series.

P.S....5.5 again...

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 26th, 2004, 08:46:53 AM
Well if the Sox win the WC they can't play the Yankees. New York would get the worst divsion winner either Oakland or Minnesota. Boston would get the other.

Jedieb
Aug 26th, 2004, 04:35:56 PM
That was a tough loss last night. Only the 4th time this season the Yankees lost a game with an 8th inning lead. Now, the Yankees have Toronto and the Sox take on Detroit.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 26th, 2004, 05:43:37 PM
It was the wacky squirrel :p Seriously, it should be an interesting couple of weeks.

jjwr
Aug 27th, 2004, 08:33:02 AM
The Squirrel was funny!

As for the Yankee's....a guy here at work keeps saying they're great cause of all these late combacks they make. Which I will admit is a good thing, clutch hitting is key. Sadly what he won't admit to is the fact that they are always down late, poor starting pitching and hitters who don't seem to care until its late in the game and then they feast on sub-par bull-pen help.

Yanks won 3 of the last 4 games in the 9th inning against the Jays & White Sox....now imagine if they were playing the A's in the playoffs.....the A's would send up a quality pitcher late and it would b ea whole different situation. Thing is the Yankee's have gotten lucky, without those 9th inning HR's against bad teams they could be 0-11 in the past 11 games. Does this seem like a deep playoff team?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2004, 12:15:30 PM
Or Angles, or Twins they would get killed in the 9th against those teams.

jjwr
Aug 27th, 2004, 01:22:44 PM
Yup!

Can anyone explain the whole waiver wire thing in baseball? I've been seeing it a lot lately, especially with big players. I've seen teams claim a player to prevent another team from trading for him(Clemens) but the whole thing isn't very clear......

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2004, 01:25:47 PM
That is very complicated I would have to find a link to it somewhere, I barely understand. Maybe CMJ does :)

Jedieb
Aug 27th, 2004, 03:18:38 PM
It was the wacky squirrel
OMG, that was hysterical! The groundscrew was hapless between innings when they went after it. Damn rallysquirrels!

As for the late inning comebacks, I'm with your work buddy. It's not luck if you keep doing it over and over. Yes, I'd rather they actually got a win from a starter (12 in a row now, ughh), but this number of comebacks show guts and it's why they have the AL East lead. But if they don't get their pitching squared away, the Yanks simply aren't going to be able to stand up to the Cards or Cubs.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2004, 04:55:58 PM
And probably not the A's and Angels either. That is there problem what would be really funny if they lost to the Twins in the first round, the team with the one of the lowest payrolls in the American league it would be funny. It would prove that Steinbrenner can't buy a WS.

Jedieb
Aug 27th, 2004, 10:34:11 PM
I'm not afraid of the A's. The Angels and Twins have some heart, but until Oakland does something besides show up for a 1st round exit they're nothing to be scared of. The Rangers are another team that could make a serious run. They've been hanging in the WC race and could beat out the Sox and Angels for that WC spot.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 28th, 2004, 07:07:29 AM
Well the Rangers got too tough of a schedule the rest of the way and no pitching outside of Kenny Rogers they aren't going to the playoffs. As for the A's I only give them a chance because of their starters that four man rotation of theirs has got to pay off eventually.

jjwr
Aug 30th, 2004, 06:21:25 AM
Rangers are pretty much out of it, not enough Pitching. It really will come down to Sox, A's and Angels, should be interesting. If the Sox can keep it going they can secure the wild card and make it a race for the AL West between those teams.

Another fun number....

Sox have a tough schedule with the Angels, A's and Rangers in their next 9, they will lost at least 3 I think so the division is most likely out of reach, but they are close enough that they may make it fun.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:30:01 AM
Yeah that is a tough stretch, I am not worried about the playing the Rangers, it is in Fenway we should knock them around. The Angels worry me the most of the three. For some reason we have had the A's number this season.

jjwr
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:12:46 PM
3 1/2 games!

jjwr
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:12:46 PM
3 1/2 games!

jjwr
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:13:27 PM
Whoops, sorry about that. 22-0! Go Cleveland!

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:22:53 PM
I know what happened to New York?? 22-0 that is unbelievable. And now Boston stands 3.5 back can they possibly catch them? I say if the Yankees keep playing like this, yes.

jjwr
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:11:25 AM
6 Games left between them, of course they can!

They play in about 2 1/2 weeks, if they can maintain it around 3.5, even chop it down to 2.5 then between their two series(sweeps are unlikey) they have a good shot at taking it.

Ryan Pode
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:00:18 AM
How do you lose 22-0?

I would fire people after that.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:11:29 AM
I know that is horrible. Worst loss in Franchise history. Its there pitching, the yankees will not get far with the pitching they've got.

Ryan Pode
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:36:23 AM
Worst shutout in AL history. I'd start cutting salaries. Like A-Rods. For 250 million, you'd better score at least once a game.

Jedieb
Sep 1st, 2004, 07:14:52 PM
Utterly and completely humiliating. They've bounced back to take a lead over the Indians tonight, but they're reeling. I never thought it was possible, but the Sox could easily catch the Yankees with the schedule they both have. They're leading the Angels tonight and look like they could easily sweep their WC rival. Sox fans have a lot to be upbeat about right now.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:00:26 PM
I know they are up 12-6 right now. I think Boston has a better offense than New York does. I know they are first in most categories. Will we pass New York? Maybe I don't know. Right now I want them to beat up on Anaheim to knock them out of the picture. A sweep Boston is 4.5 up on them.

jjwr
Sep 2nd, 2004, 06:20:58 AM
The problem with NY is they have a really easy schedule the rest of the way. The Sox are winning but its a tough schedule.

The sad thing is the Yankee's are struggling against teams that aren't very good. Course once the two teams meet you've gotta throw all this stuff out the window cause its going to be very heated.

Jedieb
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:36:44 PM
The Yankees are beating up on Cleveland tonight and Boston leads in a close one against the Angels. If Boston hangs on the Angels may not recover. Texas has lost 3 straight and the Sox take them on next. Either the Rangers will get back into the WC or the Sox could put them out of their misery as well. If Boston takes care of business these next few games then they would probably guarantee that both NY and the Sox make it into the playoffs, regardless of who would win the division. That could gives us yet another classic post season showdown if both teams were to take out their first round opponents.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:44:35 PM
Yeah it would. I think Boston will finish off Texas this weekend :) With still a slight chance of winning the division.

jjwr
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:12:32 PM
2 1/2 Games......

Sox have won 10 Straight and 24-7 since the start of August.
Yankee's 18-13 in the same time span.

The Yank's are still winning, that 2 1/2 is still a solid #, the Sox won't win every game.

If they are going to win the division they need to have the division under 2 games by their final series in Boston, thats gonna be the key series Me-Thinks.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:23:50 PM
Well it got bad for New York Kevin Brown broke his non pitching hand. He punched the dugout wall. Lol what a moron. I don't think he can pitch the rest of the season and that hurts bad since their pitching is now even worse. They are stuck with that bum Loizana as a starter. I think they could catch them, but we shall see.

jjwr
Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:08:42 PM
LOL....this is getting classic.

Bear with me for a moment. At some point the Red Sox will win the world series, its going to happen eventually.

With all the bad luck they've had, implosions, etc....nothing could be more perfect then for them to come back this year in a massive Yankee implosion....especially with a 180m payroll....still a long ways off but what Irony if it does happen!

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:32:32 PM
I know and that Brown story takes the cake. Of course this is classic Brown this is the second time he has done this. I know after the game Torre was really mad.

JMK
Sep 3rd, 2004, 10:55:42 PM
If I were Torre I'd be looking to break Brown's pitching hand just for the hell of it. What a tool. Their key off season signing as far as pitchers go and a veteran no less, and he goes and does something like this? At a time like this? Come on Kevin, grow up. It's not about you. Your team is crashing down to terra firma and you are expected to help steady the ship. Just goes to show that he's another 'me' guy who doesn't think about the consequences of his actions. The Sox have a real shot at catching and burying the Yankees, and they'd better do it now because it's theirs for the taking. If the Yankees somehow shake themselves out of this and bury the Sox again....look out....

Jedieb
Sep 4th, 2004, 08:26:31 AM
He broke 2 bones in the hand. Unreal. He says he'll pitch with a splint if he has to, but his stupidity will more than likely cost him some starts down the stretch. Starts the Yankees needed. The Sox have won an amazing 16 of their last 17. They (and their $125M payroll; remember, they're not saints in the big money chase) are playing the best ball in the league right now.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 4th, 2004, 04:24:24 PM
They lost today, should have figured with Wakefield pitching he is very inconsitent but the Orioles made the Yankees looks sick. The Yankees offense is now going south which could be a very bad sign.

jjwr
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:31:33 AM
The Sox had to lose, they weren't going to win them all. The phantom tag in the ninth was bad though, could have had a better chance to win but for that.

The Yankee's....their offense is all they had going for them but its been non-existent lately.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2004, 04:58:12 PM
Yeah that is very much true. Boston won today 6-5. Schilling was brilliant, shouldn't have pitched the 9th though. Still they looked good. Now have to go to Oakland.

jjwr
Sep 5th, 2004, 05:22:41 PM
Yup! On a roll still!

The Yankee's were handed a win today, kind of sad it takes 3 walks in the ninth inning for them to win a game :)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2004, 08:08:11 PM
Yeah, well it shows the kind of season Baltimore is having. Still for New York to lose 2 out of three to Baltimore is horrible.

jjwr
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:46:40 AM
And to think how close they were to the sweep......

jjwr
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:57:31 AM
Awww Poor Yankee's....almost makes you want to cry for them.

As the ESPN Analyst said, do you think the Yankee's would be asking for the forfeit if their starting pitching wasn't so bad?

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:15:52 AM
LOL yeah I have to wonder. I kinda of makes me mad they act, like why did couldn't the Devil Rays make it? Come on its a hurricane, you telling me they should abandon their familes for that. Jeez typical yankees. Also the Red Sox still hot. The A's had been just as hot but like the Angels before them, it looks like the Red Sox are going to cool them down.

JMK
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:28:56 AM
The Yankees are just looking for a free victory. As much as I want to bash the Yankees for looking for a free W, I think almost every team would have done the same. The Yanks are looking in their rearview mirriors and if they end up winning the division by a game, and that's the way they win it, Selig would never live it down.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:41:41 AM
Yeah it would tarnish the image of the game. Selig actually made the right call, thank god.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:37:32 PM
Great article by Jim Capel
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/040908

Very funny too heh.

jjwr
Sep 9th, 2004, 04:49:09 AM
Down to 2! And the Sox Spanked the A's.....

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 9th, 2004, 07:16:10 AM
Yeah, although those two bums in the bullpen made it closer than it should been, thank god Boston has Foulke.