PDA

View Full Version : Next Battle of Bestine

Tear
Aug 1st, 2004, 02:50:03 PM
This is basically a request /suggestion for future battles on bestine.

I would like to have a condensed mine field placed around Bestine. Not only mines but intermingled with probe droids too.

This would be a good strategic move for a couple reasons.

1. If any republic forces came to the planet in an attempt to reach the surface they would either a) realize there are mines in their way and would therefore have to start shooting a way through. In which case the probe droids would pick up that activity and alert our ships in the area.
b) They would sit around for a bit thinking about what course of action to take: retreat, find another way etc.

2. This beefs up our defense of the planet greatly, while i admit hindering it slightly as well. The ion cannons would have a hard time trying to shoot through a mine shield but the Republic has plans to blow them up anyway.

While laying a condensed mine field around the planet we would leave a clear corridor for our supply ships. This corridor would be guarded heavly by our ships in the area. While on the ground Jarek could set up some Anti air support incase any ship made it into the atmosphere via the corridor.

Comments? Suggestions?

Tiberius Anar
Aug 1st, 2004, 03:08:58 PM
It seems a good enough idea- particularly as it will have draw backs as well as benefits. I say go for it, but bear in mind that if you want this in place before the NR counter attacks the time avaliable is v. limited. You'll probably have only a few weeks IC, perhaps a month at best, to deploy the field before the NR appears overhead and stops you laying the mines. Perhaps it could be partially deployed?

Jarek T'chort
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:43:16 AM
The minefield would have to be incomplete in order to allow the NR to land troops - so the incomplete section is guarded by the Imperial Fleet, which is drawn away by the planned NR attack, thus allowing them to land.

Travis North
Aug 2nd, 2004, 11:30:40 AM
You just don't want me getting off the planet don't you.

Telan Desaria
Aug 2nd, 2004, 11:54:40 AM
Acrually - the suggestion has merit. Thusly - -I make the following order.

Tear - you shall commence a thread labeled Bestine - In War's Wake. Here, we shall make preparations for the coming battle, outline our occupation, and give our actions some life instead of raw numbers. The enemy will be free to post herein as well.

Here I will reintroduce the character of the Viscount Desaria as commander of the IIIrd Corps of the Guards.

Anyone is free to post in it.

Tear - commence immediately. We do not havew to rp building the minefield, but can refer to it in passing - - ie, seeing minelayers in increasing numbers coming and going from the planet, decreased TIE patrols in the air since many have been diverted to protect the un armed layers.

Tiberius Anar
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:41:30 PM
I'd like to bring Anar into this, if I may. That way he can be involved in the negotiations with the NR and I can present public reaction to the events. Jarek and/or Telan could you do an IC briefing?

Tear
Aug 2nd, 2004, 03:26:56 PM
Its begun...

Dun dun dunnnnnnnn.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 2nd, 2004, 05:44:49 PM
Originally posted by Tiberius Anar
I'd like to bring Anar into this, if I may. That way he can be involved in the negotiations with the NR and I can present public reaction to the events. Jarek and/or Telan could you do an IC briefing?

Sure. Jarek needs to get out of High Command more often. Unless Telans planning something.

Tiberius Anar
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:08:40 AM
Why don't both of you head on over to my place?

Teleran Balades
Aug 6th, 2004, 12:02:42 PM
'll try and start of that stealth corvette skirmish with Lion (and get rid of Scott's spy drones.)

That and I'd like to test out the assault armor I designed earlier.

Telan Desaria
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:08:02 PM
Approved Commodore. Proceed at your own discretion