PDA

View Full Version : Feeling under the weather...

AmazonBabe
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:18:40 PM
It all started two Thursdays ago when my kidding started to hurt. Well, not hurt really... more like ache; like someone punched me and it was sore. But this always happens to me when I'm dehydrated. And goodness only knows I'm really bad about not drinking enough water. ^_^;

Well, I went to drinking more water than normal and didn't think much of it. I started to get a wee bit concerned when the following week came around as it wasn't going away, but it was lessening. So I figured the water intake was working. And then I contracted a tiny fever last Thursday.

At this point I figured sore kindey + tiny fever = infection. Joy. So I called the doc, and spoke with the nurse and told her my symptoms, and she was all 'OMG, it's your appendix. Come in right away!" I said ok, hung up the phone, frowned, and poked where my appendix was. No pain. My kidney is towards the back. That's where it was sore. Eh, better safe than sorry. So I hopped in my car and headed on down to the doc's office.

Upon getting there, they did all their tests and took samples and whatnot, and afterwards the doc told me she wasn't too impressed with my symptoms. She said it wasn't my appendix (no, really?) and it was most likely a viral infection (no, really??). Seeing as how I figured this out all on my own, when do i get my MD degree? :rolleyes

They suggested drinking cranberry juice, and I did so that night, and lo and behold my kidney stopped hurting. Happy me. :)

Anyhoo, they got the tests from the samples back last Tuesday and prescribed me some antibiotics. And a good thing too, cause that same night I felt like absolute CRAP. And then the next morning (this would have been yesterday) I woke up with 102 degree fever. :x So after much Tylenol and cold baths (I hate cold baths >_<) and a bout of serious sweating while I napped, my fever broke.

But I'm still feeling urpy. :(

And the only reason I came in to work today was because I don't have many PTO days left. Must conserve them. But I am leaving like in the next few minutes.

Fatigue. Setting. In. :zzz

Anyhoo, Just wanted to let you all know I prob won't be posting for the remainder of the week, and I prob won't be getting online. The most i'll be doing is eating chicken soup and napping. Mmmmm... naaaap.

I'll be back once my head stops pounding and the world stops swaying. See you all then. :wave

(Driving home is gonna be fun. :uhoh)

Darth Viscera
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:10:02 PM
:( hope you feel better rie. that sounds awful, being at work while you're sick as a dog.

Mu Satach
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:30:05 PM
Ouchie... take care of yourself. Glad it wasn't too serious...

Pierce Tondry
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:59:25 PM
:( Feel better soon Mrs. Rie!

imported_Eve
Jul 30th, 2004, 05:44:20 AM
Jees. Get well fast!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2004, 11:19:01 AM
get better soon! :hug

Razielle Shadana
Jul 30th, 2004, 12:14:51 PM
Feel better! :(

If you do happen to sign on and check this thread, have someone get you real lemonade. Lemon juice is a natural diuretic and will flush out your kidneys ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2004, 12:34:02 PM
Just as cranberry juice is...right? Cranberry juice is good for what ails the bladder and kidneys.

The Man in Black
Jul 30th, 2004, 12:42:36 PM
Drink some water.

Razielle Shadana
Jul 30th, 2004, 06:07:21 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Just as cranberry juice is...right? Cranberry juice is good for what ails the bladder and kidneys.

ayup, and cranberry juice alters your pH which aces the bacteria so its double good :)

Morgan Evanar
Jul 30th, 2004, 09:04:10 PM
^Are you related to my mom or something, herb-woman?

Rie, get PURE cranberry juice. The cocktail stuff has sugar. Its bitter, but it will solve your problems.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 31st, 2004, 09:49:09 AM
And bring me a shrubbery!

AmazonBabe
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:31:37 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes, guys! ^_^

I'm doing a helluva lot better now! I'm taking my meds religiously so that's killing the infection... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And I'm also drinking cranberry juice practically by the gallon... and lots of water.

As for lemonade (and orange juice, coincidently), I was told that does flush out the bad bacteria, yes, but it also flushes out the good bacteria, which I kinda need. Something about the citric acid in it or something. So I was told to maybe have lemonade and/or orange juice maybe once a week, but not every day.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:34:14 PM
Man I love cranberie juice.... DO you feel better yet?

AmazonBabe
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:54:08 PM
I'm doing a helluva lot better now!

O_o

Yeah, I'm feeling way better. It took awhile for my body to get used to the medication they prescribed for me. I basically ate very little this weekend cause my tummy was sensetive half the time.

But now I'm starving and eating anything in my path.

:: Looks at Slayn... eats him. ::

:D

Lain Esuna
Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:13:19 PM
No but I'm hungry too, don't do that!

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:17:12 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
:: Looks at Slayn... eats him. ::

:D

(Chews on Rie) :cat

ssstrrrjingjy :(

AmazonBabe
Aug 2nd, 2004, 03:10:00 PM
:eek

Aaaawww... you don't like me being all stringy?

Hehe... string cheese.

<-- is crazy :crack

Slayn Cloak
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:20:16 PM
I finnaly got something to eat...MMM garlic... pizza kitchem... yum

Bet you miss that morg, NYA!

Rhianna Ravenloft
Aug 28th, 2004, 04:34:45 PM
YOU! You madam cursed meh! I now have post-sympathetic ickyness! LOL

:p

Lady Vader
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:30:50 PM
^_^;!!!!!

I'm... sorry...?

:hug

Dan the Man
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:50:59 PM
This thread smells like pee >_<

Lady Vader
Sep 1st, 2004, 04:51:13 PM
o_O

Okaaayyy... that was certainly... different.