PDA

View Full Version : Alone in the moonlight (open)

Andúril
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:35:02 AM
Andúril looked up into the stars. He knew how far he was from home, from his own land and people. Sometimes he wondered what it would have been like if he had never come to the Jedi Academy, if he had stayed with his family, and never left his friends.

No. He knew it was useless to think such thoughts. But what could it have been like. Perhaps he could have saved them, perhaps he could have prevented the war. It looked toward the moon, high above his head, casting flickering shadows around him; a shadow in the in the night.

He looked around the wall he was sitting on, it was fairly high. He had to climb a tree to get up there. He moved, and carefully got out his octirion crystal lightsabre. It had been a gift to him, from his father. Now, it was his only link to his past on Trinity. He retracted its haunting blade, strange in the moonlight. The thin white beam with the strange shadows of pure darkness flickering up and down its length, casting eery shadows in the light itself caused around him.

A tear dropped from his eye as he remembered the day he recieved it. He was so happy then, his sister, then only 16, smiling at him; how he missed her. Even though he felt some sort of peace here, he knew he would forever be sad. He looked up into the stars again. "Neither you, nor I will have graves to cover our names. Neither you, nor I..."

http://www.geocities.com/aragornheirofisildur/anduril.jpg

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 30th, 2004, 12:39:39 PM
Tonight, Jame walked along this wall, and stopped at a tree close to it. Tonight as it had always been since she had come here, even more so since her last trip off-planet, Jame was restless. The somewhere around twenty-year-old padawan climbed up the tree and took a seat on a strong branch, drawing one leg up to her chest, letting the other leg hang down. She was absorbed in her own thoughts for a time until she heard a voice, and looked up to the wall, seeing someone sitting atop it.

" 'Hoy there."

Andúril
Jul 30th, 2004, 02:32:57 PM
Andúril looked down to the voice, and bowed his head gravely to the woman who called to him. He hadn't expected to meet anyone tonight.

"Good evening," he said, without enthusiasm, yet still with a sense of nobility and decorum.

Jame Kaman Dar
Aug 5th, 2004, 10:45:42 AM
Jame continued to look up at him as she stood up on the limb and leaned her frontside against the main structure of the tree.

"I can't say i've seen you around before."

Andúril
Aug 5th, 2004, 11:08:53 AM
Andúril looked down at her, and smiled somewhat fleetingly.

"Hmm, no. I only recently returned to this planet. My name is Andúril." he said, bowing his head slightly.

Jame Kaman Dar
Aug 19th, 2004, 07:19:34 PM
She smiled at his introduction.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance... My name is Jame Kaman Dar...I'm not sure if you've met him, but I'm the twin sister to Rognan Dar."

Andúril
Aug 21st, 2004, 11:38:27 AM
"I'm afraid I have not had that pleasure." He smiled at her, and turned and looked up at the moon. "It's cold tonight."

Jame Kaman Dar
Aug 27th, 2004, 12:36:24 PM
Jame hadn't even noticed the temperature..but when Andúril mentioned it, she felt a small spike of cold air run over the back of her neck. The hairs there stood on end.

"Just a little, yes..."

She rubbed her neck to warm it up. "Are you training yet?"

Andúril
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:58:53 AM
"Yes, I am a padawan learner of Master Tarkin. Though when I was here earlier, I was in training under Master Belargic. What about you?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Aug 28th, 2004, 06:19:21 PM
Jame closed her eyes a moment, enjoying the restfullness of the night.

"Master Shade Magus.... I just started training not too long ago. My brother's already a knight. I've only been here for a number of months."

Andúril
Sep 5th, 2004, 08:31:49 AM
"Yes, me too..."

Andúril looked up at the stars.

"I have no family."

Falcon Gyndar
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:05:45 PM
((OOPS --- Ignore this. My mistake.))

Jame Kaman Dar
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:08:16 PM
"I've went from a life of being lied to, with a fake uncle, to no family at all, to finding out I have a brother. A twin at that. I'm still not used to it, and I know I really should be making an effort to know him better."

Jame climbed a little further up in the tree, and sat. She turned her face upwards, to look at the night sky more comfortably.

"I know how it feels to have no family, but probably not nearly as well as you."

It wasn't something Jame liked to think about. Being alone with no one at all around... Solitude was nice, but only when it was by choice.

Andúril
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:55:17 AM
"I had a family... a sister. But she and the rest of them were taken from me. I wouldnt even know where to look any more."

Andúril sighed, his thoughts flitting back to his homeland.

"My people were destroyed, and my land was made desolate. I have no idea what happened."

Jame Kaman Dar
Sep 18th, 2004, 06:09:07 PM
Jame closed her eyes, compensating within herself for the waves of sadness and longing coming off of Andúril. It was a hazard to be overrun by the emotions around her

"Terrible."

Silence, for a moment.

"Many of us here have lost something personally important. It's just that some of us come to terms with it more easily, or better than others."

Andúril
Sep 18th, 2004, 06:24:36 PM
"Perhaps." he replied, before lapsing into silence again. He found it difficult to continue conversation with the thoughts echoing around his head.