PDA

View Full Version : omg rant?

Zasz Grimm
Jul 28th, 2004, 09:20:55 AM
Ok, so I'm sick. Anyone who's been talking to me on IM past few days knows I am. I've left to go lay down, or what have you. I had lost my voice, been coughing, have fever, bad headaches.

So I go to call in today, would you want to work, pulling at least 15-16 carts all day...feeling like absolute crap? Of course not.

But apparently I've called in too many times. (When I was actually sick. Go figure. I worked hard one day and dehydrated, so I didn't go in. That and I've been sick a couple times. Climate change, etc.) So they want me to come in, and apparently to gauge if im sick or not to see if I can work.

I wasn't aware that walmart made sick associates come to work no matter what. Stupid people. I'll go and get sent home first hour, gauruntee'd.

Crystal
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:41:14 AM
Vomit all over your boss. That'll show him.

imported_Firebird1
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:00:27 AM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
Ok, so I'm sick. Anyone who's been talking to me on IM past few days knows I am. I've left to go lay down, or what have you. I had lost my voice, been coughing, have fever, bad headaches.

So I go to call in today, would you want to work, pulling at least 15-16 carts all day...feeling like absolute crap? Of course not.

But apparently I've called in too many times. (When I was actually sick. Go figure. I worked hard one day and dehydrated, so I didn't go in. That and I've been sick a couple times. Climate change, etc.) So they want me to come in, and apparently to gauge if im sick or not to see if I can work.

I wasn't aware that walmart made sick associates come to work no matter what. Stupid people. I'll go and get sent home first hour, gauruntee'd.

Do that, and then be sure to talk to a Member of Managment about it, make sure they know that you were called in!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 28th, 2004, 12:45:32 PM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm

I have to go in even if I'm sick. But we don't have enough staff to cover sick people.

Razielle Shadana
Jul 28th, 2004, 12:55:33 PM
wal-mart is evil.. I decided that a while back...

Feel better Phil :hug

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:01:07 PM
I should also make it clear that I don't work for Wal*Mart. :)

Zasz Grimm
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:39:48 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I have to go in even if I'm sick. But we don't have enough staff to cover sick people.

I usually have no problem working while sick, but when you have the cough of death, and you throw up about 20 minutes after you eat or drink something...I don't.

But I'm ho me. I stayed and covered peoples morning lunches and left. I'm gonna make some soup and relax.

And thanks for the get betters everyone. ^___^

Pierce Tondry
Jul 29th, 2004, 07:02:23 PM
Yar, recover well Phil. It's always sucktastic when you work in retail and get sick. They have no conscience there.

imported_Eve
Jul 30th, 2004, 05:42:35 AM
If the people that work for me were out that much, I'd ask for doctor's notes too. Yes, you don't feel well, but in the meantime, your employer has to keep covering for you in one way or another, and it is likely taking up his/her own time (that he she doesn't have).

In retail, it seems that everyone calls in all the time, for different reasons. I think everyone can agree that if you can say that everyone showed up for their shift in one day, you've had a good (and rare) day. At least that's how every retail job I had went.

Why would your employer put up with it, when he/she can hire someone else who is certain to call in less?

If you get dehydrated from working all day, then drink water. Climate changes make you sick? Do you mean weather changes? Because you live in the same place as you always have. Right?

We all have to work all day, and we all are subject to weather changes. If your body reacts differently than the rest of us, then you should seek some help from a doctor so you can work.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but it is not that your boss has no conscience. A business has to be run.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 30th, 2004, 08:31:35 AM
That assumes your boss is kind and fair. If they are not, or if they have it in for you, it is easy for them to work the system against you rather than work with you. To often in retail jobs I find people in management positions who I believe are not well-suited for the job.

But then again, I do live in the West End, which is supposed to be snobby customer central. That could factor in.