PDA

View Full Version : New Addition

darth_mcbain
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:01:23 AM
Hey all. I haven't been around all that much lately, but I have a good excuse. Her name is Laura and she arrived last week!!! She weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz and was 19" long. She's our first.

My wife and I are doing good, but really tired - any thoughts/prayers would be much appreciate to help us all get through this initial tough stage.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a pic or two if I can find more than a few minutes at a time.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:08:04 AM
Congrats Mcbain this is a big moment for you and your wife.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 25th, 2004, 05:37:00 PM
Congrats on the little padawan.. :D

Droo
Jul 25th, 2004, 05:38:30 PM
Congratulations, matey. You and your family will be in my thoughts and you have my best wishes. :)

Malcolm Trippen
Jul 25th, 2004, 05:38:42 PM
A MiniBane...cooly! Congrats :)

JMK
Jul 25th, 2004, 08:30:30 PM
Congrats McB!!! :D

CMJ
Jul 25th, 2004, 09:35:09 PM
Holy crap dude...congrats!

Mu Satach
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:48:30 AM
WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Congrats!!! =)

Jinn Fizz
Jul 26th, 2004, 07:59:02 PM
Congratulations!!! :) :) :)

darth_mcbain
Jul 31st, 2004, 11:30:19 AM
Thanks all, for your warm wishes. Things are starting to get a little bit more manageable.

I knew there would be sleepless nights, but man, those kids keep you on your toes... So far, actually, she doesn't do much except eat and sleep, but we're trying to feed her every couple hours. During the day that's no big deal, but at night it is pretty rough.

Anyway, like I said, we're all adjusting and everyone's doing fine. Again, thanks for your warm wishes, and hopefully I'll be around here a little bit more as things continue to settle down.

imported_QuiGonJ
Jul 31st, 2004, 04:33:38 PM
Congrats to you both!

Doc Milo
Jul 31st, 2004, 11:31:44 PM
Congrats McBain!

Mine isn't due till late December.

Any hints on how to get by these last months? :)

Jedieb
Aug 2nd, 2004, 06:12:37 AM
McBain
Dad Tip #1
Fake incompetance! At some point, you've got to really screw up a diaper change. Put a onesie on backwards, give her a bottle without warming it up, do a half assed job of cleaning her up whenever she spits up, etc. You're laying the groundwork for a future of work avoidance. It's what Dads do.

Doc
Surving The 3rd Tri-mester
Basically, you're screwed. She's approaching a world of discomfort you can't even imagine. You'll hear about it though! She'll give you a play by play of swollen ankles, back pain, water rentention, and female physical discomforts men were never suppose to be made privy to. She's going to suffer and she'll make damn sure you do as well. You're only recourse is to just shut the hell up and do whatever she asks. This isn't the time to assert your manhood. Accept your fate. Go for ice cream at 2AM. Prop her feet up with pillows. Give her a sympatheitc ear. Do whatever it takes to stop the incessant complaining that hammers your eardrum and rattles your brain.

You poor bastards. I feel no pity for either of you however. I'VE JUST GOTTEN BACK FROM A ONE WEEK TOUR OF HELL: THE FLORIDA FAMILY VACATION!!! The Battan-Fun-March that is Disney World. The sun baked agony that is Adventure Island. And cooing grandparents who deny every transgression they ever committed against you simply because they realize the Grim Reaper is knocking on their doorstep and they're desperate to get a reservation in Heaven. Do I sound bitter? Nay, I sound like a father. Welcome to the club fools! :evil

darth_mcbain
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:02:21 PM
LOL EB... I'm actually one step ahead of you on some of those screwups...

As for Doc, I have to say that EB speaks much truth... Just do what she says, and keep those pillows handy in bed - the more comfortable she is, the less you need to put up with... It's all worth it, though (EB's comments notwithstanding :) ) Maybe once I've done the Disney thing with my kids I'll feel the same way, EB - but at the moment, I'm on cloud 9

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 2nd, 2004, 06:56:54 PM
lol I just went to Disneyworld on my honeymoon, and there's no WAY I'd go with kids. Well, maybe. Eb, I salute you for you and your wife's bravery/stupidity. :lol

Alex
Aug 3rd, 2004, 05:25:29 AM
If you pay for me to go to Disney World, I'll look after your kids. :)

Jedieb
Aug 4th, 2004, 06:04:23 AM
You naive fool! They'd crush you within hours! ;)

McBain
You know it, I know it, the American people know it, you wanted a boy but got a girl. There's no shame in it. Sure, you don't have the levels of uber-testosterone that I do to produce the first born male that all men desperately crave. I will not hold this against you. Mock you perhaps, but I will not hold it against you. >D

I'm constantly amazed by how adorable my girls can be. They've got me wrapped around their pinkies. They're going to get away with murder unless my wife can get a grip on them. All I ever want to do is buy them ponies. The boy on the other hand......:duel

JMK
Aug 4th, 2004, 06:49:33 AM
I'm taping al episodes of That 70's Show for reference my time to be a dad comes. Red Forman is my hero....unless of course I end up with a daughter, then I watch the tapes to learn how NOT to deal with a girl. :)

Jedieb
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:10:07 PM
Red is a God! I can't wait until my son is old enough for me to call him a "Dumba...............!"