PDA

View Full Version : The Bourne Supremacy

Phantom
Jul 24th, 2004, 11:55:07 PM
Having been a big fan of Bourne Identity I could not wait to see it. I thought it was a great movie, Matt Damon has suprised me as being an acton star, I would have never saw it until I saw Identity. Unfortunately I have not read the books, so I have nothing to campare it to in that sense.

I thought the car chase sence was well done, better then Identities. The hand to hand fighting was a little hard to follow in some parts, but was all in all good, though I like Identities much better. Karl Urban was great, I think he makes an excellent villian, even in Chronicles of Riddick.

Anyone else seen it yet? I'm actually kind of surprised there wasn't a thread up about this already, unless ther is and I entirely missed it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:09:20 AM
Well I want to see it maybe sometime this week, I really liked the first movie.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 25th, 2004, 02:19:29 PM
I thought the car chase sence was well done,

Which one, the first or the second in the movie? :p I personally like the second car chase towards the end.

I thought it was a great movie, but not one of the best of this year. The Bourne Identity, all around, is a much better film.

It just seemed like Supremecy had some plot holes in it - unless I missed something, but I doubt that.

That, and I didn't like the fact that they killed of Marie (sp?); it just sort of made it seem like her purpose in the first movie was just random girl that he hijacked and feel in love with. Her death was lackluster at best and I just didn't get any real emotion out of it. That, and was she played by the same chick in the first one? She did not look like her at all. :\

And, I also liked that they brought back Nikki (sp?), if only for a cameo apperance. Would have liked to see what she did to get out of that room thing - or if she just left and went back to Paris/wherever she was from

JMK
Jul 25th, 2004, 08:26:11 PM
Yes, Marie is played by the same actress as the first one. Her hair is longer though...and blonder.

The Man in Black
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:03:17 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Yes, Marie is played by the same actress as the first one. Her hair is longer though...and blonder.

Franka Potente :love

I've loved her ever since Lola rennt. She seems to have a thing for playing characters who compulsively dye their hair though :)

In Lola rennt, she had freakishly red hair.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:48:53 PM
Originally posted by JMK

Ahh, ok. Wasn't sure. Still don't like what they did with her. -_-

JMK
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:18:53 PM
She's cute and all, and I wasn't happy to see that happen to her, but let's be honest...she was a literal ball and chain to Bourne.

Stafford
Jul 27th, 2004, 09:08:11 PM
I remember the at the end of the car chase scene, two or three people in the theater said, "Wow" pretty loud.

Man, that taxi took a lot of hits. He must've been slammed in the side three or four times, and his transmission is shot, I tell you what :D

Garret Treborn
Jul 27th, 2004, 10:03:23 PM
The Bourne Identity was a better movie, but I still liked TBS a good deal.

Zasz Grimm
Jul 30th, 2004, 05:58:55 PM
Her death was supposed to be pointless, at least in my opinion. As Cox's character said, it was an accident; it was meant to be bourne. Afterall, Urban's character thought he was driving.

I liked it, thought it was excellent. I always like Matt Damon's movies, he's a good actor. I'll probably watch another Bourne movie, if they make it. Great summer movie.

ReaperFett
Aug 26th, 2004, 04:20:36 PM
Very good movie, better than the original. The camera work was AWFUL though, and I felt the trailer spoilt too much.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 26th, 2004, 05:45:06 PM
I saw it a fews ago, actually it is my third favorite movie from this year after Harry Potter and Spiderman. That is a surprise to me, I would have thought Troy or the Village would have beaten it. I really enjoyed the car chase. That was a great sequence.