PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions ... (Lain)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2004, 01:05:42 PM
With his current apprentices well on their way to becoming Knights, Dasquian had decided to take on another student. After reviewing a list of possible Padawans, he had selected a girl named Lain. There was no particular reason why he had chosen her, save for the fact that he felt somehow drawn to her, in spite of having not yet met with her. He saw this as, perhaps, a sign from the Force, that he was meant to train her. So, after making arrangements with the rest of the recruitment and registration team, he had arranged for the two of them to meet. They were to convene in the gardens of the Jedi Temple, at midday. Dasquian had already arrived, and sat on a wooden bench near the entrance to the gardens, watching a handful of the gardens many critters scurrying back and forth.

Lain Esuna
Jul 17th, 2004, 01:22:19 PM
Lain received her instructions late last night, the entire thing seemed kind of rushed. It seemed she was to wait for something, she was told it would resolve itself; Then like nothing the message came. She was to meet dasquian in the gardens at mid day. She was running a little late as she wondered around the garden. Then it occurred to her, she wasn't entirely familiar of the man. She knew who he was, she knew about most of the council members. She could hear her mother now complaining about her day dreaming.

" ehh... "

A low sigh left her moth as she looked around, it really was quite beautiful; but it was also quite large. After heading down some step she saw a young man sitting down. He was blonde and unusually attractive, Well if it's not him, it doesn't look like a waste of time. she thought as she approached the man. With her usual bounce and allure she smiled at the man and spoke.

" Hi... "

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2004, 01:25:43 PM
Dasquian looked up and returned the warm smile. From the physical description the application datafile had given, he surmised that this must have been his new apprentice. “You must be Lain. I’m Dasquian. Please, sit,” he gave the space on the bench beside him a light pat. “Did you find you way here easily enough?”

Lain Esuna
Jul 17th, 2004, 01:30:19 PM
The girl looked into his eyes and then at the bench, all the time maintaining her smile. She spoke her voice light and lively.

" I think it was mostly chance finding you, but the gardens where no mission by themselves."

The girl sat next to her new master, the sound of that struck a cord inside of her. my master... She thought about it while dasquian spoke.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2004, 01:36:21 PM
“The Temple can be quite tricky to navigate, but you get used to it pretty quickly.” This meeting would just be a casual one. As they trained together, they would come to know one another more, but to begin with Dasquian wanted to know a few simple things.

“I thought we would spend today just getting to know a bit about one another, so that we are more comfortable in each others presence. Why don’t you tell me a bit about yourself? Where you went to school, what your hobbies are… things like that.”

Lain Esuna
Jul 17th, 2004, 01:45:44 PM
Lain wasn't paying attention until she realized Dasquian had asked her a question. At that realization her head dodged and she blinked before speaking.

" Eh, School, oh of course. I attended Galactic engineering until I was twelve. It just became a bore afterwards and I started to work for my parents until I gathered the nerve to apply here."

Lain was a little uneasy, she was never good at these things, or first impressions. Generally if she just stayed quiet and allowed people to look at her they would form there own opinion, a good one at that. This however, was a little different, and slightly more complicated.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2004, 01:49:26 PM
Dasquian nodded appreciatively. He had heard good things of the college that she had attended. There were some promising mechanics and engineers trained there, some of the best in the galaxy they said. Although there was such a thing as a Jedi Artificer, the Force and machinery were not usually associated with one another. However, Lain had said that she found it boring, and so if she was looking for something entirely different to that life, she had certainly come to the right place.

“I see… what made you want to come here, to become a Jedi?”

Lain Esuna
Jul 17th, 2004, 02:04:23 PM
Why did I want to become a jedi? Why not, how am I supposed to answer this. The guys are so cute, and it's all so very prestigious. Everyone you meet is an honorable person, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to be here.

Lain's more than capable mind raced to find a suitable answer, but in the end she decided to simple speak.

" Well, When I found out I could I wanted to apply immediately; My parents held me back though. They wanted me to make an informed decision, not just rush off in to it, and so I did. Four years later and all, well, here I am."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2004, 02:10:54 PM
“So it’s been something of a dream for you for a while, hm?”

Dasquian sat back against the bench, relaxing, just enjoying the new summer climate. There conversation had taken a turn towards the more 'business'-like.

“It’s good that you took the time to think about it, though. Being a Jedi is not an easy life. It requires complete devotion and dedication. Many people come here, thinking they can pick up a lightsaber and wield the Force and that alone makes them a Jedi. Those things are incredibly small parts of a Jedi’s life. After all, we are first and foremost here to help others, and we can’t do that if we spend all of our time sparring one another.”

Lain Esuna
Jul 17th, 2004, 02:17:13 PM
"Heh ha"

Lain laughed at her master's last comment. She was comforted by the fact that he had a sense of humor.

" I don't know anything about any of that. I guess that's why I'm hear then, to learn how to help others."

She was constantly watching him, not paying any mind to the gardens about them, she tried to memories every feature of her new master.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 21st, 2004, 02:29:34 AM
“It’s good that you don’t have any biased opinion of what a Jedi should be. Learning should be easier that way,” he replied with an encouraging smile. He gripped the edge of the bench they were sat upon more tensely for a moment, as though he was in thought, before rising up to his feet. “Let’s go for a walk.” The two began slowly off through the gardens, a vast expansive area that seemed to stretch out forever. “So, do you have any questions so far, Lain? Anything on your mind? It's better for us to iron out any problems or issues sooner than later.”

Lain Esuna
Jul 21st, 2004, 10:18:30 AM
Lain stumbled closer to Dasquian as he began to walk away. The young girl grabbed his right arm, placing her arms around it curiously as they walked. He feels so comforting... I'm safe. Lain thought as she spoke.

" Just consider me a sponge, and hopefully a friend. "

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2004, 08:35:41 AM
“Hopefully?” He raised his eyebrows questioningly. “Definetly. I always say that for a student and tutor to truly learn anything from one another, they must be more than simply an instructor and his pupil.”

As they walked, they passed a large fountain, where a few Padawans had congregated. There were daktaris in the water, that were dropped in there as a form of superstition, more than anything else – to pay for a wish. The Order collected them as a means of funding some of its expenses. “If you like, we could start your first lesson today. While we’re here, in the garden.”

Lain Esuna
Aug 21st, 2004, 01:48:21 PM
Her masters words had put a truly delightful smile on her face, the kind that forces others to do the same after viewing it. Lain had very much longed for that kind of attention, someone who was to teach her and yet genuinely care for her, something like a father. She had almost not even noticed Dasquian had spoken, but quickly answered, dropping the smile a little to show she was paying attention.

" That would please me master, very much so in fact. "

Lain again smiled while looking into Dasquians eyes.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 28th, 2004, 02:47:45 AM
Lain’s smile was infectious. “Good. Now, let’s see.” Dasquian stopped just short of passing another fountain, smaller than the previous but equally beautiful. He motioned that they should sit, then began to speak again. “Have you ever heard of how the Jedi tap into the force, so to speak, Lain?”

Lain Esuna
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:26:00 PM
Lain sat closely to her master, growing something more accustomed to him she began to speak: “I’m not sure that I understand you Dasquian. “ The girl continued to stare in her masters beautiful eyes as she awaited an explanation.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 29th, 2004, 03:33:21 AM
He nodded understandingly. “What I mean is, do you know anything about how a Jedi can access the Force? The Force is in everything, but we must learn how to become aware of its presence and how to use it to our ends.”

Lain Esuna
Aug 29th, 2004, 09:00:46 AM
“Oh”, the girl exclaimed as her eyes widened. Lain was almost in reply as she noticed a change in Dasquian’s eyes. They seemed to have become larger, more welcoming, somehow more so than usual. They called to her, practically taking over. It was all that she could do to answer him now; unknowingly entering his mind telepathically.

“ Yes, I understand now, and am aware that, it is through much concentration that a Jedi can call out this power, but, isn’t she always aware of it? The force waiting for her? “

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:08:38 AM
Dasquian’s eyes did widen now. “Yes…yes, that is true. Lain, I wasn’t aware that you had telepathic abilities…”

Lain Esuna
Oct 15th, 2004, 06:07:01 PM
Lain wasn't aware she had done such a thing, she was simply becoming comfortable with her new teacher. The word master was even becoming a pleasurable thing to her, as previously her masters had been her parents and joy was never forthcoming with them. She had in fact been scowled at for this ability many, many times before and spoke out apologetically.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 24th, 2004, 04:24:33 AM
“No,” he held his hands up, as if in defence. “There is no need to apologise. As I say, I simply was not aware that you possessed this ability. Tell me, how long have you been able to do this, Lain? When did it manifest first?”

Lain Esuna
Oct 24th, 2004, 10:45:21 PM
Lain flinched slightly think he would hit her just before nervously speaking.

” Well… always, I guess. My parents hated it, it wasn’t encouraged. I’ve never really done it on purpose, it just starts to happen when I feel comfortable with someone, then that usually makes them afraid of me.”

The girls eyes began to tear as painful memories where aroused in her mind.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 5th, 2004, 12:27:28 PM
“There’s nothing wrong with being able to do that,” Dasquian reassured, seeing the sadness in her eyes. “In fact, it’s always pleasing to be able to work with a student who already possesses some ability such as this. After all, if you have a natural affinity for something, such as this, then there is a good possibility that you could become greatly gifted in it, with a little help from the Force.”

Lain Esuna
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:13:23 PM
His encouragement was enough to make Lain blush, she felt as if she had all of his attention; it was the kind of emotion she had always desired. She decided it would be a good idea to express her other abilities. Lain took Dasquian's arm in hers as they walked through the encumbering garden.

" I'm also very intuitive, with people and machines... I can just feel things."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:09:49 AM
“Machines also?” Now that the girl was opening up to him fully, Dasquian allowed himself to smile genuinely. It seemed to encourage her, and he was happy that she felt so at ease with divulging these things to him. “Tell me more… how did you discover these talents?”