PDA

View Full Version : Let's see what you can do. (Kathrine)

Southstar
Jul 16th, 2004, 01:03:57 PM
Southstar wasn't sure if he had completely woken up yet. He was sitting in the mess hall gobbling down some breakfast before he started training with his newest apprentice. In the evening he had sent her a message instructing her to arrive in the mess hall no later than a half hour after the break of dawn. At forty five minutes after they would go to the training grounds. He glanced at the clock, it had been fifteen minutes since dawn officially began.

Kathrine
Jul 16th, 2004, 03:39:47 PM
Kathrine came walking in like nothing had happened. She knew she was late, but so what? Who was a guy she had never met to boss her around? She grabbed a tray and got her food before looking for the guy tha everyone had told her was Southstar.

When she finally spotted him, Kate walked over to his table and sat her tray down, and her behind it. She looked Southstar over, trying to study him, before picking up a spoon and trying some of the nutrient soup.

Southstar
Jul 16th, 2004, 07:27:02 PM
Katherine sat across from him with her tray of nurtient soup. "Hardly a breakfast. Wouldn't you say?" He said and looked at his own, halfeaten of course. Eggs from some sort of bird, scrambled, and a chunk of prime cut meat along with it was a tall half empty glass of juice.

He glanced at the clock again, it was a quarter until the next hour. She was late and he hadn't realized it. Most apprentices would hurry just to be early to meet with their new master, this one... Based on this he could tell it was going to be difficult teaching her.

"So you're late, any excuse?" For all he knew her room had caught fire in the middle of the night.

Kathrine
Jul 17th, 2004, 01:02:11 PM
Kate didn't even look at him as she as she shoook her head nonchalantly, taking another bite of her soup. "Not really. And I think this is a perfect breakfast as far as I can see."

Southstar
Jul 17th, 2004, 01:16:40 PM
He raised both eyebrows and said "Whatever floats your boat then." He finished the small portion that remained on his plate. "Let's get going. We're running late already."

He waited for her to finish her soup and they left the mess hall and entered the corridor that lead to the training grounds. "So tell me what you know about the Force already."

Kathrine
Jul 17th, 2004, 01:20:18 PM
She walked beside him, paying attention to her surroundings, trying to memorize the routes they took, so she woul know her way back later. "Honestly not very much. I know it is what's supposed to be...around us? I guess that's a way of putting it. It's power there for the taking is what I've also heard."

Southstar
Jul 18th, 2004, 12:07:10 AM
"Well you not wrong. But there's much more to it than that." He said as they passed through a door that lead into the indoor section of the training grounds. They were heading towards the outdoor section; if you're up at the crack of dawn you should at least go out to enjoy it.

"The Force is all around us, in both objects organic and non. I'm assuming you've never actualy used the Force, so our first task is going to be getting you used to it." The doors opened automatically to reveal the outdoors filled with young apprentices practicing their skills with the Force. From mentalics to combat, it was all there.

"Right now you're being exposed to a great deal of Force usage, obviously. Since you're Force sensative, you're likely to be picking up on this through the Force, even just a little bit. What do you feel?"

Kathrine
Jul 18th, 2004, 12:29:59 AM
She closed her eyes, trying to find the words to describe this feeling. "I'm...not sure."

Southstar
Jul 18th, 2004, 07:44:34 PM
"Do you see, through the Force, what the others are doing?" He asked. "Try to understand the mechanics of it."

Kathrine
Jul 18th, 2004, 08:26:32 PM
"I can't see them, but I feel them. It's almost like a tugging motion."

Southstar
Jul 18th, 2004, 10:02:26 PM
Southstar called a small rock to his hand with the Force and tossed it in front of her. "Why don't you try 'tugging' on this." He said.

Kathrine
Jul 18th, 2004, 10:06:35 PM
Instinctively she reached out and grabbed the rock in front of her.

"How am I supposed to do what I don't know how to do?" She asked almost irrateably. She hated when people assumed she could do something, when she couldn't.

Southstar
Jul 19th, 2004, 10:48:23 PM
He just became slightly irritated. Perhaps he had overestimated her knowledge of the Force. Most who walked through the doors of the Sith Order had a good idea of where to start. "First you need to understand that the Force is above all. Gravity, thought... anything. It is you mind that is your main connection to the Force. All tasks using the Force start here." He said and pointed to his head.

"Lifting the rock is use of telekinesis, manipulation of an object using the mind. Questions?"

Kathrine
Jul 20th, 2004, 02:27:30 PM
"No," she lied. "It sounds simple enough."

She turned her head slightly and looked at the rock. She had connected with the Force before, but it had only been during fights, or when she was specifically angry. Never had it been done b her will.

She tried to touch the vastness that called to her everytime she was angry, but it kept just out of her grasp. It was almost as if it lingered on her fingertips, only to suddenly be pulled back. She was starting to get annoyed with this, and with out thinking, she lashed out once again wih her mind and this time connected. It was all over to quickly though. The moment she connected the rock flew from her hand and buried itself into a nearby tree.

She blinked in disbelief. "Did...did I do that?"

Southstar
Jul 23rd, 2004, 03:04:09 PM
"Well I didn't." He said in response. "But you're going to need a little more control. What if that tree was another apprentice? Give it another try. With this here." He said and moved a twig in front of her feet.

Kathrine
Jul 23rd, 2004, 03:28:27 PM
Kathrine bent down to pick up the twig, but stopped halfway. No..I'm not picking up anything until I do it with my mind! She told herself stubbornly.

She reached out again with the Force and connect this time easier, but it was still hard for her to focus on bringing up the stick. Dammit! Get up here! She yelled in her mind and suddenly the twig shot straight up into the air and almost went over her head before she reached up to grab it, but beofre she touched it it settled down and just hovered eye level with her.

"Better?"

Southstar
Jul 24th, 2004, 10:52:26 PM
"Much." He replied and used the Force to call back the rock to his hand. "Try and make a circular motion, like this." He said and moved the rock in a large clockwise motion.

Kathrine
Jul 26th, 2004, 07:58:12 PM
Kat stared at Southstar's rock making circular motions before trying it with her own. Now that she had in in the air thins were starting to get easier, but she could still tell she had a long ways to go.

She started slowly. At first the thing would only go up and down, when she tried to make it go in a circular motion again it only went left and right. Slowly however it started to move up and down while sliding up and down. Soon it became a kind of oval, but she couldn't get it into a better circle than that. Maybe she was just concentrating on going up and down more. She shook her head. She didn't know, but atleast she could make it move.

Southstar
Jul 29th, 2004, 11:23:58 PM
Alright." He said and studied the oval the rock was making front of his apprentice. He changed the motion of his rock until it was in a similar pattern. "Now I want you to integrate your stone into the path of mine. try to avoid a collision between the rocks."

Kathrine
Jul 30th, 2004, 03:56:16 PM
Shade darted her eyes over at Southstar's rock and suddenly her rock flew over into his path, until she turned to stare at it again, trying to keep it under control. She slowly let her eyes wonder back over her master's rock's path. Slowly and tentatively she pushed it into his loop, but she was moving so slow that the rocks nearly collided, but she moved it up and out of the path quickly.

Alright...let's try this again, she thought to herself as she dipped it back down into the path and this time she got it into the loop, bu she also noticed Southstar's catching up to her's.

"How are you moving you'r so much faster?" She demanded.

Southstar
Aug 3rd, 2004, 12:22:30 AM
"It moves faster than yours because I wish it to. My will comes before that of the rock, or the laws of physics. Your Force ability gives you that power to make your will come first." He said and sped his up a little more to keep the pressure on.

"You'll find that being a Sith is all about forcing what you want, to come before everything else."

Kathrine
Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:14:53 AM
"Forcing what I want huh?" She smiled. She could do that. It was the way she had been doing things her entire life.

She reached out and demanded the rock to circle faster. It took a great deal out of her, but eventually the rock was almost matching the speed of Southstar's but his had a little speed on her's. Well he does have more practice, she thought.

Southstar
Aug 3rd, 2004, 09:29:36 PM
"I think you've got the gist of it." He said and withdrew his rock from the loop and back to the ground. "From here, it's a matter of practice on your part. Everyday."

"It will get tedious after only a few days, but the practice will pay off. Especially once, and we will, get into trouble. Speaking of which, in three weeks time I'm leaving for Nar Shadda to deal with a few dissidents. As my apprentice you will be tagging along."

"First working with the Force can be stressful and tiring, so you have the next 6 hours to rest and possibly catch some sleep, its your time, do as you please. Later, we'll work on some standard physical training and maybe a little telekinesis if your up for it." Southstar said and began to lead her out the door and back into the palace. They parted ways at the fork between the male and female cleaning rooms.

"Until later, then." He said as his good bye and walked to the nearest sink to wash up.

Kathrine
Aug 4th, 2004, 06:11:11 PM
Kathrine nodded as Southstar went down his hallway. She turned to her's. She reached for a towel, but stopped. Her hand still held out, she pulled the towel to her with her mind. Ahh..what does he know? This stuff is easy. Doesn't look like I'll be needing practice, she thought as she moved in the females cleaning room.