PDA

View Full Version : The Longest Yard... again?

Ryan Pode
Jul 14th, 2004, 07:59:10 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0398165/

I saw that. I loved the original. This one has Adam Sandler as the QB. I hope they don't destroy one of the only good Football movies made.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2004, 08:01:35 PM
I know Chris Rock is in it and Burt Reynolds is playing the coach. They had been trying to get Gary Oldman to play the Warden not sure how that is going, since he doesn't want to play villains anymore.
The minute I see that I see that got James Cromwell playing the part, I didn't think Oldman would do it, he has been reluctant to play villains at all now.

Ryan Pode
Jul 14th, 2004, 08:09:37 PM
I think Cromewell could play the Warden fine, I'm just upset at Adam Sandler being the QB. I haven't seen him play a role like it before...

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2004, 08:18:29 PM
Well he was very serious in Punch Drunk Love. I think he can do that part. Not sure about Rock though, I couldn't see him playing football, unless he is on the sidelines the whole game.

Ryan Pode
Jul 14th, 2004, 08:25:50 PM
I haven't seen Punch Drunk Love. But whenever I think of Football and Adam Sandler, I think waterboy.

Rock could be a WR ... they are skinny.

Charley
Jul 15th, 2004, 12:54:33 AM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
I hope they don't destroy one of the only good Football movies made.

Rudy is about 30 times better.

jjwr
Jul 15th, 2004, 04:52:50 AM
Rudy is great, gotta love that movie.

I've seen the original once, it wasn't bad, nothing I would go out of my way to see again, though same goes for the remake.

Other enjoyable football movies.

Necessary Roughness - I always stop and watch this whenever its on, great stuff.
The Replacements - Cheesy but fun, its obvious whats gonna happen and it all typically plays out but very enjoyable. Specifically the strip-dancer/cheerleaders, and the cheerleader tryouts, can't go wrong there!

He's Wy'reh!

And then of course Waterboy, which is still a riot.....Water Sucks! It really really Sucks!

Ryan Pode
Jul 15th, 2004, 09:28:34 AM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
I hope they don't destroy one of the only good Football movies made.