PDA

View Full Version : Ditka for Senate?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2004, 12:17:13 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2574270

Sounds interesting, and good. But I bet he doesn't end up running.

Charley
Jul 14th, 2004, 12:23:09 PM
This would be very awesome.

Doesn't have political experience, but what he lacks there, he can more than make up for in terms of leadership and organization abilities. I'd be interested to see how well he would work out.

JMK
Jul 14th, 2004, 12:46:35 PM
I'd like to see if he would be as outspoken in the political arena as he is in the sports arena.

Jedieb
Jul 14th, 2004, 03:37:07 PM
Da Senator! Ditka versus da rest of da senate in senate football game. Ditka 35, Senate 3!

Man, I can't wait to see Mike Myers and George Wendt on the campaign trail! Oh how I miss Chris Farley. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2004, 03:51:16 PM
Well his wife threatened to divorse him if he ran, unless he really hates his wife I doubt he will run considering that.

JediBoricua
Jul 14th, 2004, 05:11:20 PM
If he doesn't run, the GOP would be in even worst shape in the state.

They'll be running with a second string candidate, after the Hall of Famer refused. The Dems will not let go of the Illinois seat, it is their stepping stone into retaking the Senate.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2004, 05:30:00 PM
CBS is saying that he has turned them down (I am sure it is because of his wife :p). It looks like the Democrats are going to get that seat without much of a fight. I am glad because finally they will be a black man in the U.S Senate it has been far too long for that, IMO.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 14th, 2004, 05:37:00 PM
There is no racial quota necessary for running the Senate. Having a black Senator is nice, but not required.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2004, 06:13:53 PM
Well that is what I meant I don't think it is required just nice to see.

Charley
Jul 14th, 2004, 06:38:50 PM
Who cares? I'd rather make sure a Senator was competent before I worried about what his ethnicity was.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2004, 06:57:42 PM
Well this guy (Osmaba I think that is his name) seems very competent and very likeable he was beating Ryan by like almost 20 points before he dropped out, he is building something up there and he seems like a very good guy, of course Washington could change him.

Cyrel Annat
Jul 14th, 2004, 09:23:03 PM
They all seem good until they get to Washington. Then it's all about the kickbacks.

Jedieb
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:18:12 PM
It'll be great to have an African American in the Senate. The more the Senate can actually resemble the rest of the country the better.

Charley
Jul 21st, 2004, 05:00:20 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
It'll be great to have an African American in the Senate. The more the Senate can actually resemble the rest of the country the better.

I think I'd care more about what comic books Senators read than what their race/religion/ethnicity/gender/shoe size is.

None of it correlates to being competent on the job, so why make an issue over it?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 21st, 2004, 08:25:55 PM
I think he is saying it is just nice to see the senate represented like the rest of the country which is great, I don't think its essential just nice to see. Also I actually like Osmba he seems like a very good and decent guy, he will be a rising star in the democratic party.

Jedieb
Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:36:08 PM
I think I'd care more about what comic books Senators read than what their race/religion/ethnicity/gender/shoe size is.
Well I care because I AM A MINORITY! It's one of the reasons I was hoping Bill Richardson would have gotten the VP nomination. It would have meant a great deal to me and many other Hispanics to see one of us finally represented on a presidential ticket. When you've been shut out for hundreds of years, it makes a big difference to see someone who looks and sounds like the people you grew up with up on the bully pulpit. It's something you just don't understand unless you're coming from this side of the fence. The fact is, that you can go back to the founding of this country and you could have found men and women of any color that were more than capable of doing ANY job of those being elected to office. But they were simply shut out. Every time one of those barriers gets broken down or another role model gets a shot, it benefits us all. It may not mean squat to you, but it means a hell of a lot to those of us who are black, Hispanic, Native American, etc.