PDA

View Full Version : Reliving a memory (Navaria)

Andúril
Jul 12th, 2004, 02:13:55 PM
Andúril walked through the grounds of the academy, waiting for his new master. He found it strange to be in this place again, after so long a time. Though the little training that he had taken in in his past he felt was coming back to him again. He still was incredibly proficient with his lightsabres, but in his experience, he had to be.

What came more difficult to him was attuning his mind to some of the force abilities that he had honed as a padawan here before. He walked lightly, looking forward to his new training.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:04:49 PM
"Andúril?" The voice was gentle and smooth. It was a woman's voice and she was gradually make her way towards him down the adjoining corridor.

Andúril
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:25:53 PM
Andúril smiled slightly, and made his way to the woman who called him. Standing before her, he bowed slightly and said "Greetings master. I thought it would be good for us to get to know eachother a little better, if we are to spend more time together."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 13th, 2004, 09:54:39 PM
"I was not sure if you were my new student or not. There have been so many new faces lately, that even I cannot keep up." The Knight bowed in greeting, "I do believe that is an excellent idea, one that I adopt for all new Padawans taken under my tutelage. If I recall, you were once being trained by Knight Belargic."

She paused, remembering Dasquian's training fondly, as well as the difficulty he went through in remembering his past. "He also was once a student of mine. I suppose the Force brought us together so I can complete what he has started."

Andúril
Jul 14th, 2004, 01:13:33 AM
"Really? I had no idea Master Belargic was in your tutelage..." he paused for a moment.

"Yes thats correct. He was my master nearly 2 years ago, before..." he trailed off.

"I agree, the force must have been at work in brining us together. Sometimes in life there are too many coincidences for them all to be real.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 16th, 2004, 09:00:23 PM
"Yes. The Force always has a plan. Hard to see it at times." The Knight titled her head to the side in thought, "Did it have a plan for you two years ago?"

Andúril
Jul 17th, 2004, 05:06:51 AM
"Hmm..." Andúril sighed.

"There were problems at home. I had a feeling something was wrong at my home in Trinity. When I finally got back, I found the land desolate. It seemd like war had passed over it, and my family were nowhere to be seen.

"After that I wandered the galaxy, going to the places were I thought my family might have gone, but to no avail. And so, I returned here. There was little else for me to go back to. If the force has a plan for me, it is hidden from my eyes..." He didn't really know what to say...

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 18th, 2004, 08:35:57 PM
"The uncertainty of your family has caused you to stray from the Force," she mused. "Have you accepted that you may not ever find them?"

Andúril
Jul 19th, 2004, 01:06:48 AM
Andúril sighed.

"Yes, I think so. But my days of searching for them are now over. If I found no clues when I startred, theres no chance of me finding clues now. No, I am here to fully devote myself to my training."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 20th, 2004, 12:24:52 PM
She nodded, but felt great disappointment coming from Andúril still. It should fade into a true acceptance with time. "I am pleased to hear that at least. Tell me, what were you and Master Belargic working on previously before you left the Order?"

Andúril
Jul 20th, 2004, 03:33:12 PM
"Well," said Andúril, searching his memory, as best it could serve him. " If I recall correctly, we we're looking at lifting rocks, and such things like that."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:12:02 PM
"Ah. Telekinesis. How far did you get into the lessons of moving objects with the Force?"

Andúril
Jul 30th, 2004, 03:25:32 PM
"Hmm. Well, I lifted some rocks, along with Master Belargic himself, and stopped a rock that he threw at me. Aside from that, I don't think I learned anything else."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:03:58 PM
"Come with me then." Navaria turned on her heels and began to head towards the door leading out to the gardens.

Andúril
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:15:54 PM
Andúril watched as she turned, then began to follow her out of the gardens. "Where are we going master?" he asked.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:21:12 PM
She didn't say one word until they walked throught he threshold and out into the gardens proper. "Here."

The Knight led her Padawan down the stairs and around the winding stone walkway. "I wish to see first hand what you have learned and what control you have in accomplishing that task. Ah here..."

Navaria stopped by a display of orchids. They were flown in by Amazonbabe's request since they fit perfectly with the arrangements of other fauna here. Navaria didnt know how or from where they came, but she was never one to have a green thumb.

What did matter was the scattering of stones here and there to add a realistic aire about the display.

"Please," she motioned to the stones, "show me what you have learned thus far."

Andúril
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:21:53 PM
Andúril nodded, and without a word, he focused his mind and streched out his hand, palm outwards. Lifing his stairght arm up he watched as the rock floated up in the air and he then took a deep breath. He lowered his hand, but held the rock in position.

Then, he picked up another rock in the same way, balancing it on the first. After a few moments pause, he then twisted his hard, and the rocks floated towards him. Taking hold on the lower rock, he pushed it upwards, letting the other one fly in the noraml way into his free hand.

Simling, he turned to his master and bowed his head slightly for a moment.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2004, 05:20:44 PM
"That was done quite well. Belargic is a good Master. Let's try something new then, shall we?

The rocks in your hand. Release them into the air and hold them steady. Once you know you have them firmly under your control, begin to move them about in a circle. It does not matter how, long as the path is a circle."

Andúril
Aug 29th, 2004, 12:57:26 AM
"All right," Andúril said.

He concentrated again, and let one of the rocks go. It was just about to fall when he managed to hold it up again. Then, pushng it away from him, he waitined until it had come to a complete stop. He then proceeded to move it in a circle, moving it up and right, in an arc, then left and down in the same way.

After a few revolutions he tried to do the same with the second rock, which he managed to hold in the air, but when he tried to revolve it in the same way, it wobbled, and both fell to the ground.

"Im sorry Master. I find it hard to concentrate on two things at once,"

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 5th, 2004, 01:29:23 PM
"I understand. It is hard to split your focus on two different tasks." As she spoke, one of the stones lifted into the air and began spinning around in the same spot. "It is a matter of control that allows a Jedi to perfom multiple abilties. Hard to imagine that I am not only channeling the Force, but also using it to move the stone around. Spilting my concentration in two directions."

She smiled, "Which you did as well. It becomes mere instinct as you become more attuned to the Force." Another stone lifted off the ground and began to circle around the first. "Making such things easier. Relax. Let the Force flow through you and guide your thoughts. Don't focus so hard."

Andúril
Sep 5th, 2004, 02:26:31 PM
"Yes Master," he said as he lifted up another rock, moving his hand up to guide its path. He paused for a moment, then dropped his hand, attempting to let his mind wonder to other things. He noticed the soft breeze, and the rustle of the trees, and felt life flow through everything around him. He observed the rock, hanging in the air. He then lifted his other hand, and brought up another rock.

He then traced his hands around in circles, letting the rocks move through the air. Tracing circles around a central orbit, he watched the rocks fly through the air. He smiled and threw them off in various directions, with one narrowly missing his left ear.

"Woops. Sorry about that."

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 12th, 2004, 05:54:10 PM
With a none too pleased expression, Navaria caught one of the stones in her hand, "Also letting your emotions run wild when doing well are also a distraction. Concentrate on the moment and task at hand. This is merely not lifting and moving stones around, but providing yourself with a stronger connection with the Force."

Andúril
Sep 13th, 2004, 10:50:52 AM
"Yes Master, of course." He thought for a moment. "Would you like me to try it again?"

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 18th, 2004, 02:22:33 PM
She nodded, "Please do so."

Andúril
Sep 18th, 2004, 06:22:42 PM
He focuses again. Lifting the rocks in the same way, but guiding them more carefully this time, watching their path closely. He watched them turn in circles. After a while of doing this, he brought them to his hands and caught them. He looked back to his master.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 20th, 2004, 06:26:17 PM
A nod of approval came, "Perfect. I wish for you to continue to practice this for a good length of time in conjuction with meditation. Until our next session together. It will give you focus on not only the task at hand, but strengthen your connection to the Force."

Andúril
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:56:19 PM
"Yes Master. Do you want me to continue now? Or should I retire to my quarters?"

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:11:32 PM
"Later, within your quarters. A break is in order to rest the mind." She laced her fingers together and bowed, "We shall begin again tomorrow."