PDA

View Full Version : Redemption at Hand...

Ket Van Derveld
Jul 11th, 2004, 11:19:49 PM
The shadowed figure walked into the middle of the great hall, black robes covering him from head to toe. He merely stood there, and spoke only few words.

"I have returned."

Yes...indeed...he had come back home. After much trial and tribulation, after near death and memory loss, after being used in the worst ways for others gain, taken advantage of, he had finaly regained himself. He again was himself. A Sith Knight...but in rank only. After all the years, after all the hardship, his power matched almost any Sith Lord here. And those here who knew him would know as such. It wasn;t that he was being pompus, nor was his humble. He just knew for a fact he had grown much since he last was here.

"I implore those here to heed my words. I was ripped from my own existance, thrust into something I had no control over. But I have fought, I have killed and maimed, and I have sought. Now I have had those very thoughts, my knowledge and emotion given back."

He removed his hood, and looked out to those he had come to respect, tot hose he called friend, and to those who never met him before this day. Spiked blonde hair, 6 inches tall but falling to the side a tad, deep blue eyes, darkened and hardened, the burden of a thousand men over in those pools of saphire.

"My name is Ket Van Derveld, and I have come to stay. I ask that the Order would allow me to continue my study under it's expert wisdom and guidance. I would ask that the Order let me continue to serve it as I have in times past."

(OOC: my computer went haywire, and I have been offline for almost a year. IRL, the family is pretty poor, myself included, and only now do I have the means to stay. I am sorry my departure was abrupt, but I could do nothing about it. Thankfully, I saved...got me a Dell. lol. )

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 12th, 2004, 11:40:28 AM
In a situation like this, Vega wasn’t the best man qualified to pass judgment – after all, he was more than a little biased when it came to Ket. He offered nothing more than a smile to his brother as he awaited the verdict of the Elders, knowing they would make the right choice.

Ket Van Derveld
Jul 12th, 2004, 12:16:07 PM
Ket looked to Vega and smiled widely.

"Vega...It has been a long time, has it not?"

He would offer his hand to his brother.

"I have missed you, older brother."

Live Wire
Jul 14th, 2004, 10:37:25 PM
Live Wire stepped out of the shadows. It seemed she was not the only one who had been away for some time. It was good to see that those who had left, like her, had found their way home again.

Smiling she removed the hood of her cloak. "Welcome back."

Ket Van Derveld
Jul 14th, 2004, 11:11:28 PM
Ket swirled around, and his gaze was met with a very familar face.

"LW, it's is good to see you again!"

Ket smiled wide, having missed her for some time.

"Tell me...who else is still around?"

Live Wire
Jul 14th, 2004, 11:16:35 PM
Ket was looking well after his long absense. It was indeed wonderful to see a familiar face.

"I have to say Im not sure. Of course Lady Vader is still here. But I've reccently returned myself and I have found many new faces. However it doesn't seem to matter how long you've been gone, this place always feels like home."

Ket Van Derveld
Jul 15th, 2004, 12:30:22 AM
Ket nodded lightly.

"Quite true...but it seems that even with the multitude of new faces...this place does lack a certain forward movment, if you will."

Lady Vader
Jul 15th, 2004, 10:27:08 AM
"From the outside, it does. And that's the idea we want to portray."

LV answered Ket's statement as she emerged from the back hallway that led to the bowels of the Palace.

She eyed Ket.

"I take it you found what you were seeking for during your absence?"

Ket Van Derveld
Jul 15th, 2004, 02:54:01 PM
Ket looked to LV, and sighed lightly.

"My absence was not intentional. There is much mystery surrounding it indeed. My memory was robbed from me, and only in recent months have I regained it."

Ket's eyes flashed with a seriously sick anger...

"I am, and always shall be Sith...and nothing shall stop me. This was merely a temporary setback, I assure you."

Lady Vader
Jul 15th, 2004, 05:10:09 PM
She raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't think it otherwise."

His tone had upset her slightly, but she let it pass. Who knows what the man had been through in the time he'd been gone.

But anymore outbursts of that kind would do him no good here.

"Your room has been untouched since last you were here. Do you remember how to get to it?..."

Ket Van Derveld
Jul 16th, 2004, 04:39:18 AM
Ket shook his head lightly, clearing the cobwebs out. It had been a while, but he was pretty sure he could get to his room.

"Yes, I should be able to find it one way or the other"

Ket chucked lighty with a smile at that.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 17th, 2004, 06:55:24 AM
Looking between the three in the room, Vega smirked somewhat.

“Hopefully being around familiar people, in a familiar place, will help to jog your memory, brother.”

Ket Van Derveld
Jul 17th, 2004, 11:30:33 AM
Ket nodded to Vega, and chuckled.

"I should hope so. My mind is still a bit fuzzy, but I'll be fine soon."