PDA

View Full Version : First day of class (Jame Kaman Dar)

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 06:13:17 PM
Shade sat outside in one of the many garden's of the Jedi Order bathing in the sun, wishing for a more lush enviroment. Prehaps soon I'll take Sarr and Jame to Yavin and train them there for awhile. It'll give us all a change of scene and a chance to expand all our horizons, the Knight thought as he closed his eyes, slipping into the Force.

He had left a message for his newest Padawan, Jame Kaman Dar, to arrive at their first training session. He was almots as nervous as his first teaching session, but hopefully he had learned enough to where he could learn from any mistakes he had made an be better for his students sake.

He reached out with the Force, smiling as he felt the life around him. He had worked for a long time to be able to sense the life around him as well as he could. Jame on the other hand had it come natural to her and to extent he was jealous, but also happy. Today they would find out what other hidden powers she possessed. Maybe she would be even more full of surprises.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 10th, 2004, 12:25:39 AM
Shade has good taste... Choosing this as the first session. It made the young woman of nearly twenty, Jame Kaman Dar, smile as she made her way through the garden to where she felt a tinge of contentment radiate.

Her master in the way of the Jedi was seated, eyes closed. Being as stealthy as she had learned to be in her years as a swashbuckler, Jame crept as close as she could, keeping a line out for any change in his mental state, hoping that she could sneak up on him. Perhaps it was a futile effort, but you can't blame the girl for honing her skills when the chance presented itself.

Shade Magus
Jul 10th, 2004, 01:11:54 AM
She had almost gotten to him before he heard her and felt her.

"Ah Jame. Nice to see you again. How are you faring today?" He asked as he opened his eyes to see the young dark skinned woman.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 10th, 2004, 05:22:15 PM
"Rats..."

Jame froze a moment, a mischevious grin briefly crossing her face before she straighted up, and smiled, snapping her fingers, and wiggling one at Shade.

"Good one."

She posed her hands on her hips, her deep brown eyes giving him a quick lookover. "Oh i'm doing alright. From what I can see...And feel.. You're doing not too bad yourself. So how should I address you?"

Shade Magus
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:35:36 PM
"Well I haven't really given much thought about it. I really don't care. You can call me Shade here, but during formal processions I ask that you just call me Master for formaility's sake. How would you care me to address Padawan Jame?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 10th, 2004, 10:02:00 PM
Jame grinned.

"I'm mostly informal, but I also know much of formality....Did the concert pianist thing once. Big dinners. Major formality."

She stretched her arms forward, then let them flop back to her sides. "I'll call you by your name, unless under necessity for formality. Sounds good?"

Shade Magus
Jul 10th, 2004, 10:07:08 PM
"Good," he said with a smile. "Now before we begin I like to have a starting point. Could you tell me what you know of the FOrce and any techniques you've picked up?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 10th, 2004, 10:38:23 PM
Jame relaxed.

"Well, there isn't too much i've picked up. Mostly it's just extensions of the skills I was born with. I have rather advanced mental shielding, and I'm a natural empath, telepath and I have a knack for languages. I think I told you some of that the other night."

(OOC: By the way, I don't have access to Avalon for this character)

Shade Magus
Jul 10th, 2004, 11:05:01 PM
OOC: I'll take care of that.

"What about the Force? What do you know of the living Force?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 12th, 2004, 09:27:13 PM
Jame lifted her hands and moved them back and forth, a motion noting 'nothing'.

"Zip. Aside from the dark and light side deal... everyone knows there's good guys and bad... I really don't know a whole lot."

Shade Magus
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:44:52 AM
Shade rubbed his chin with his forefinger and thumb.

"I see...well first off you'll come to find that I have a very different outlook on the Force than most Jedi. To me there isn't a light or darkside there is only the Force. To me the difference between a Sith and a Jedi lies in here and here," Shade said tapping his heart and head. "You see, I view the Force as what binds us together. It takes no side or no prefrence. It does not corrupt the person. It is the person who corrupts the Force."

The Jedi Knight took a step back and leaned up against a tree as he thought about his next words. "As I said the Force binds us to one another. In a sense, we make up the parts of the Force and therefore we are all living extentsions of the Force. And like the parts of all living things there are some of us that cannot interact with the whole and then there are those that carry out its will. This is where the Jedi and Sith come from. Are you following me so far?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:27:18 PM
Jame nodded.

"I'm following. All ears, open mind."

She crossed her arms, and watched Shade.

Shade Magus
Jul 13th, 2004, 06:19:39 PM
Shade held out his hand and with some concentration, a small limb floated off the ground and into his hand. "Good. Now that you understand what the Force is you need to understand how it works...or atleast how it works through you. Each person has a unique ability. For me, I excel in combat and tactical situations. Others in the healing aspects of the Force, and for others it involves future sight. What do you believe your abilities involve?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 14th, 2004, 10:17:57 PM
"I'm not entirely sure, really. But putting aside my previously mentioned abilites wich I already know of, I think I have a fairly good chance with healing and most any mental discipline."

She smiled. Jame loved the unknown, so this whole thing was going to be a permanent adventure for her. Hardships and all.

"Of course, where I can stand in the many aspects of the Force will have to be weeded out with time, won't it?"

Shade Magus
Jul 15th, 2004, 02:41:47 PM
Shade smiled. "Of course. I will help you in every aspect that I can, but when it comes to healing, I can only teach the minimum basics, as I do not have that much experience in that area. But enough talk for now. Let us begin the real training."

The Jedi rose from the ground, with neither the help of his hands or the Force he noted happily, and brushed his pants off. "You've already mentioned that you are empathitic naturally. I am curious to know if you can use your ability to narrow down one person to read their aura?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 15th, 2004, 02:58:39 PM
Jame nodded.

"I can. I've been working with empathy for as long as I can remember. I can do quite a fair deal..."

Shade Magus
Jul 15th, 2004, 03:04:06 PM
"Well then...show me what you can do," he said stepping back as if to say take the stage.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 17th, 2004, 04:33:04 PM
Jame tapped her foot, looking around.

"I need a subject to work with...."

Shade Magus
Jul 18th, 2004, 12:13:59 AM
Shade held his hands out to his side, presenting himself. "Well here I am."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 19th, 2004, 01:27:45 PM
Jame smiled, and nodded, uncrossing her arms and looked at Shade again... A brief moment of examination, so quick the tail would just escape the mind's grasp.

"Content...a hint of cautiousness....Must be because i'm your first female student, no? And calm... You maintain a great deal of calm, despite everything else going on in your life, which I'm not going to dive into, and know nothing about aside from the slightly sad feeling I caught off you in the garden earlier this week. Anything beyond that would be mind-reading, and without permission, I decline, unless in dire and extreme circumstances."

She had been working all her life to control her mind, and be responsable and respectful with regard to her abilities.

Shade Magus
Jul 19th, 2004, 06:35:05 PM
"Very good, but how good would you be at singling out a single aura in a crowded area?" Shade said, clasping his hands behind his back.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 20th, 2004, 03:38:38 PM
Easy enough.

"I've done it before...It's higher on the scale of difficulty due to the multiple interfering auras a crowd would provide. Easier if you know the subject's energy signature relatively well, or even a small bit and you're good at identifying and sorting."

Shade Magus
Jul 20th, 2004, 03:59:09 PM
"Prehaps...we'll have to try it out sometime later though. For now let's work on some other stuff. I want you to probe my mind and see how far you can go. I'll try and slow you down, but I am going to hide something from you and I want you to figure out what it is. I know this might seem a little easy for you, but for now, everything I do is just to test you and see the limits of your powers."

Jame Kaman Dar
Aug 1st, 2004, 12:08:11 AM
Jame nodded, and went at it. She already knew how to reach into a mind, and now that Shade had given permission for her to do so, it was that much easier.

Everyone had mental shielding, some like wafers, others stronger. So if she was to get into his mind, she'd have to get past that. Like cracking codes, she'd explained once to a hacker she was counselling.

"Here I go.."

She reached into his mind slowly, cautiously, feeling for a shield.

This feels rusty. You need to strengthen your shielding, in my opinion...

Jame's shielding, on the other hand, was fortified nearly every day of her life, for her own protection, and sometimes the protection of others.

A few moments, and she'd 'cracked the codes' , so to speak, on at least the top two or three layers.

I'm in....Now where's this hidden treasure i'm trying to find?

That was more to herself than to Shade.

Shade Magus
Aug 1st, 2004, 02:51:53 PM
Shade smiled. She's in...good, now let's see if she could pick up the information? He thought to himself. Unlike some he wasn't fond of going around and hiding something in the dark or a safe place. To him the best place to hide something is right out in the open.

He let his thoughts flow freely. Some he pulled back as if to hide them, others he focused on more, trying to tempt her. The entire time, he kept a number floating right past her, as if it would be useless information.

Jame Kaman Dar
Aug 3rd, 2004, 06:18:48 PM
Now how would he do this? She wondered. As a simple testing exercise, he wouldn't put it too deep. In fact it could be right here.

She felt as if she were wading through a school of fish, looking for one with a specifically placed spot. Like a needle in a hay...stack... .hey.....

That was probably about the billionth time (exaggeration intended) that she'd 'seen' that one item float by. Either that or there was a billion of them.

No, I doubt that....so.. lemme see...

Jame reached for it, and it taunted her, eluding her by a barely escaping slide. Hey! Stay still, you.... She reached again, and almost caught it. Fiesty lil buggah, arentcha? Ok, I'mma gonna getcha. She reached again and...did she catch it?

Yes, yes she did. It remained to be seen, however, if that was the right one.

Shade Magus
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:47:45 PM
Shade smiled inwardly. "Good job Jame. It really did take you less time than what I gave you credit for."

Jame Kaman Dar
Aug 6th, 2004, 12:08:44 PM
Jame pulled out of her probing, and looked at her master, wiping her hands on her pants.

"Thanks, Shade. What's next?"

Shade Magus
Aug 6th, 2004, 12:12:48 PM
Shade smiled. "That should be all for today. You've given me a good starting point for your training, so now I can plan out your training sessions in more detail. I'll call you later tonight letting you know when your next session is."