PDA

View Full Version : Sound advice (Open)

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2004, 07:38:43 AM
Jacali Danner sat in Dr. Hayden Radnor's office waiting on him. He was the only one who could help her.

She looked down at the brace on her leg, it had been seven months since the accident and she really wanted it to come off.

No one ever seemed to care whether it was there, only her. As many times as she had tried, she still was unable to go without it.

Deep down, Jacali hoped that Hayden might just give her some good news on the subject.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Jul 8th, 2004, 07:42:15 AM
Hayden finished his rounds at the med center and then hurried to his office, knowing that Jacali would be waiting on him.

With a smile, he entered. "Sorry, if I kept you waiting, Jacali." He walked over to her and held out his hand. "It's good to see you. What's up? What can I do for you?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2004, 07:45:30 AM
She shook his hand and smiled. "I know you're busy, but I just wanted to know if there was anything new in the medical world to help me...with this brace."

Her eyes followed him as he walked around his desk and took a seat, as did she.

"It's been nearly seven months and I really thought I'd be walking without it by now."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Jul 8th, 2004, 07:54:34 AM
Hayden leaned back in his chair and interlaced his fingers on his chest. "Jacali, you don't realize just how lucky you really are. I was sure you were going to lose that leg altogether. It was a miracle that it was saved and that you are walking on it at all."

He leaned forward. "I know, that being a Jedi with a brace must be hard, but it's part of you know and always will be. I can do test after test and still we'd get no where. The damage was just too vast to be able to do any better. I'm sorry, Jacali. There is just nothing more we can do."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2004, 11:02:07 PM
Jacali sat there for a few moments in silence. She scratched her head and sighed. "So, you're saying that this is as good as it's going to get."

She stood up and shook her head. "I don't agree. I will walk again without it, Hayden. I will."

Jacali turned and quickly walked out of his office.

"Jacali! Come back!" She heard him call, but she just kept walking until she was back in the Jedi Temple.

The visit hadn't gone as she had hoped.

The Padawan made her way to the main garden and entered. She sighed deeply as she flopped down on the soft grass and looked up at the trees.

A single tear fell from her eye as she lay there.

Falcon Gyndar
Jul 9th, 2004, 04:10:23 PM
Falcon still had a tiny bit of a limp. It was more psychological than physical in cause now, however.

Things just seemed far too different, and unimportant when it came to this place....lately. Ever since he had returned, the knight was troubled, but he was getting better. Slowly, day by day. He too had come to the gardens, more to reflect than anything. Gyndar did not expect, however, to happen upon a young lady of the Order to whom he was nearly a father figure.

She's crying....She still has the brace. Falcon approached cautiously. "Miss Danner...."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 09:16:21 PM
Another tear fell as she heard the voice, a voice she hadn't heard in a long while.

She sat up abruptly and quickly wiped at her face, but the tears were evident.

"Master Gyndar," she spoke gently as she tried to get to her feet.

Falcon Gyndar
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:40:56 PM
Falcon chuckled quietly, waving her back.

"Please, Please. No need to get up on my account, Miss Danner. I was about to ask if I might sit with you, actually...Please, relax."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:44:02 PM
Jacali nodded as she sat back down. "Yes, please. I could use some company."

Falcon Gyndar
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:57:08 PM
Falcon managed a barely sincere smile and took a seat on the soft grass with Jacali. Stretching out his legs because he had difficulty crossing them comfortably, he planted his hands on the ground behind him to prop himself up.

"This life is not very leniant, don't you think?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 10th, 2004, 12:09:56 AM
"No, but I deal with it fairly well. I know what I want out of this life and..." She stopped as tears ran down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Master Gyndar." She said as she wiped her eyes. "Some things just seem so unfair and I shouldn't even be having such thoughts, because I'm a Jedi."

Falcon Gyndar
Jul 10th, 2004, 05:33:46 PM
Falcon nodded, shifting a little.

"I assure you you're not alone in this. I too have had my hardships as of late. Ones that - going against my own instincts - must be left unresolved for an indeterminate amout of time. Being a Jedi, as we are all told from the very beginning, is not an easy life."

The knight just flopped back, laying down and stretching out in the grass, lacing his fingers under his head. "I have always had definete control of my life in every aspect. Now everything is changed, and nothing is sure, nothing is the same. Sometimes I feel lost."

He turned his head to look at Jacali. She was way down there. "Talk to me, Miss Danner. No subject is out of place here, so speak as you wish. I'm listening."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 13th, 2004, 11:30:37 PM
"I feel kinda silly...but perhaps selfish is more like it." She told him. "I want out of this brace so bad I can taste it. I talked to Hayden a bit ago and he proceeded to tell me that I was lucky to have a leg at all. He said that it was as good as it was going to get. But I..."

She stopped and sighed. "I'm not taking that for an answer, Master Falcon. I just can't. Tomorrow, I'm going to really focus on getting rid of this brace once and for all."

Falcon Gyndar
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:25:25 PM
"You know, my daughter had a similar problem to yours. She's found her way to get around, through and over it. So I know you can."

Falcon plucked a long blade of grass and played with it.

"It takes dedication..and the continuation of the rest of your life."

The knight knew all too well he should be following his own advice.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:40:28 PM
Jacali sniffed and nodded. "I am dedicated to this more than anything in the galaxy, I've never liked being stuck in a situation that others believe there is no hope for. I lost my parents, because I didn't believe enough in myself to think that what I was seeing could possibly have happened."

Falcon Gyndar
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:46:59 PM
The corners of Falcon's mouth turned upward, and he sat up a little.

"Good."

He scratched his head. "I'm here, just like I was after the accident. My help in any manner is available. You just have to ask."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 15th, 2004, 07:13:45 PM
"I'm going to the training rooms tomorrow and I'm going to give this leg one heck of a workout to strengthen it. You're more than welcome to join me, if you'd like." Jacali gave him a hopeful look.

Falcon Gyndar
Jul 15th, 2004, 07:22:14 PM
Falcon nodded in agreement with the idea. Maybe that would work the limp out of his system.

"Done deal."

Training rooms. That reminded him..

I should get up to date and train Rikki some. I've been neglecting my life here at the Order.

"Whenever you want to do that...just tell me."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 15th, 2004, 07:30:41 PM
Jacali felt better for once. "Awesome, how about meeting there around nine in the morning?"

Falcon Gyndar
Jul 15th, 2004, 07:45:47 PM
"Good enough."

He flopped back down into the grass, and once again laced his fingers behind his head.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 15th, 2004, 08:04:14 PM
"Thanks, Falcon. I just want this to work out alright. I just can't see myself in this brace for the rest of my life, I can't."