PDA

View Full Version : Gaining one's bearings(open)

Kathrine
Jul 8th, 2004, 01:29:22 AM
Kathrine walked through door after door of the Sith Palace, still unable to locate anyone or anyplace which she could lay down her belongings. It was becoming so infuriating, that at oen point she kicked a wall. God this place is so huge, she thougth as she rounded yet another corner and looking the opposite direction. She was so preoccupied by everything else that she ran over someone and knocked some papers in their hands. She was already in a bad mood so she started to talked to the person in an exasperated voice.

"Why don't you watch where you are goin next time uh?"

Lorani T'sava
Jul 8th, 2004, 10:20:40 AM
"Well sorry for not seeing that you weren't looking where you're going."

Lorani sarcasticlly says as the child bends down to pick up the papers she'd been drawing on.

"You're new aren't you! I can tell cause you're carrying a bag and I've never seen you before so that means you have to be new. I'm right aren't, in the fact that you're new."

Baracc Olra'en
Jul 8th, 2004, 01:02:31 PM
I turned a corner and stopped short of running into a pair of students. One was quite young and probably not worth my time, but I smiled in her direction before shifting my gaze to the other. About my age, pretty in an odd way, and had a brace of luggage that looked...eh...not entirely comfortable. At a guess, she was still dealing with the enchantment that made certain areas of the Palace tough to keep one's bearings in; that, and that the building was larger than even I'd expected. Jeeg had given me some pointers on navigation here, but he was busy enough that most of the place's peculiarites remained unremarked-upon.

"Don't worry," I said to the older girl, trying to be soothing. "You're almost at the dorms. Another few turn should get you there."

Kathrine
Jul 8th, 2004, 01:06:36 PM
Kathrine shook her head. "What? Oh yes I'm new. My name's Kathrine, or Kat for short? And you are?"

Lorani T'sava
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:00:47 AM
"I'm Lorani and I've been here for awhile. You'll learn to navigate this place quick enough and after you do learn, you'll start having fun."

Lorani looks at Baraac and smiles, wanting him to know that she's also introducing herself to him as well.

Baracc Olra'en
Jul 10th, 2004, 11:33:17 AM
Not used to being thoroughly ignored by others his own age, he came within a whisker of opening his mouth angrily, but clamped it down. Personality conflicts had to be dealt with properly for a cohesive group. Not to mention that she'd been talking with Lorani first.

He nodded to the younger girl. "Baracc Olra'en, miss. Pleased to meet you."

Kathrine
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:42:09 PM
Kat looked over and blushed. She had completely missed the guy talking to her.

"Oh I'm sorry. Kathrine," she said holding out her hand. "Lorani what kind of fun is there to be had here?"

Lorani T'sava
Jul 11th, 2004, 09:13:10 AM
Lorani laughs slightly when asked what kind of fun there is to be had around here. She remembers when, her, Ida, and Zereth were running amuck here. That was fun.

"I'm not sure if you're definition of fun would be the same as mine since I am kinda younger then you and sometimes the simplest of things can keep me amused. I doubt you'd like trying to catch bugs with your bare hands, but there are library's and lounges around here and then there's the training rooms where you can practise. And then there's the city."

Kathrine
Jul 12th, 2004, 01:53:17 AM
"City? How big is it?"

Baracc Olra'en
Jul 12th, 2004, 07:15:57 AM
He shook the proffered hand, feeling most of his irritation bleed away.

"Coronet, Kathrine. The system capital."

Lorani T'sava
Jul 12th, 2004, 08:07:01 AM
"It's big, real real big. But we have to behave ourselves when we go into the city cause, cause, well, it's important for some reason.

But there's kids in the city to play with, and parks to play in, and toy stores to go in."

Kathrine
Jul 12th, 2004, 10:32:54 AM
"Well, that sounds all nice and fun for someone your age, but what about people my age?" She asked lifting an inquisitive eyebrow to Baracc.

Baracc Olra'en
Jul 12th, 2004, 11:46:52 AM
"For those like us - just barely underage - well...there are no real limits, aside from 'no public killing sprees', or so my brother tells me. From what I hear, there's plenty of fun to be had." He smirked. "If you get really bored, impersonating a Jedi can be enjoyable. Just make sure you clear it with someone first, so you don't end up as dead as any real Jedi would be."

Kathrine
Jul 12th, 2004, 02:24:45 PM
"Impersonating a Jedi, eh? Sounds fun and exciting. I'll have to try it sometime, but first I need to find a room to keep my stuff."

Lorani T'sava
Jul 15th, 2004, 10:32:00 AM
"There's an empty room across from mine if you're interested?"

Lorani says cheerfully.

Kathrine
Jul 15th, 2004, 02:45:44 PM
"I suppose it would work," she replied to the young girl.

Baracc Olra'en
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:01:15 PM
I nodded happily.

"Good luck getting acquainted with the Palace and its denizens, Kathrine. I'll catch you later. Maybe we can spar sometime."

Tipping a nod - well, a bit lower, almost a bow really - at each of my fellow Sith, I headed off down the halls in a swirl of black robes. My wand slipped out of my left sleeve and I managed to catch it just in time, a moment before I turned a corner in what I hoped was a purposeful fashion.