PDA

View Full Version : A search for an owner (open)

Neo-Genesis
Jul 7th, 2004, 11:11:06 PM
The droid known as Cypher had been wandering the planet of Corascant for some time now and he still hadnt found anyone to take him in. It'd been a few months now since his creator Ton Maxwell dumped him and left, but he was programed to have an owner and to serve that person

As he walked down a street his gold colored body attracted many eyes and his synthflesh face made him look almost human, he even had real looking eyes

He kept walking, he asked a random person every now and then if they needed a droid for anything but they all said they had enough droids or they didn't need one

Cypher's emotoin chip made him feel sad, his should drooped as he stoped infront of an alley. he leaned agaisnt the wall of the alley and looked around If I cannot find a master and do as I'm programed I might aswell terminate myself He thought as he watched the people walk by.

Shade Magus
Jul 8th, 2004, 07:26:25 PM
Shade watched what appeared to be a small boy slump his shoulders and stand in the alley way. Hmm...wonder what's wrong? The Jedi thought to himself as he walked over.

"Excuse me young sir, but are you ok?"

Neo-Genesis
Jul 8th, 2004, 09:44:56 PM
Cypher looked up at the man "I'm fine" He said looking at the ground "And I'm not a sir, I'm a droid" He looked up again.

Jiro Lawson
Jul 8th, 2004, 09:57:36 PM
Jiro had made a huge mistake. He had picked the wrong pocket, and now that guy's bouncers, or whatever he called them, were running after him.

He vaguely saw an alleyway and turned into it. He was shocked to run violently into a small boy and fall at the feet of a man, his head pounding and his heart racing.

Shade Magus
Jul 8th, 2004, 11:39:40 PM
"Ohh..I'm sorr.....whoa!" Shade exclaimed as the young boy barrelled over the droid. "Are you two ok?"

Jiro Lawson
Jul 8th, 2004, 11:47:54 PM
Jiro heard the voice but it was a slight blur in his memory, and for a fleeting moment he nearly asked the man to repeat it. Then he just looked vaguely up at him as he heard the two bouncers run past the alley way.

He collapsed onto the ground breathing hard, ignoring the fact that his legs were strewn over the child.

Finally he rolled off, and jumped to his feet, dusting himself off and looking at the man. He blinked, then blinked again. He secured the stolen credits in his pockets.

Neo-Genesis
Jul 9th, 2004, 08:42:52 PM
OOC: Cypher does not look like a child, he is as tall as a man

IC:
Cypher got to his feet "Please whatch where you are going young sir" He said nicely as he prushed a peice of dirt off his arm "And I am fine' He said to Shade "But this boy might have bruised himself on my metal body."

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 09:06:14 PM
OOC: sorry about that.

Shade kneeled down to offer a hand out to the newcomer. "Need any help?"

Jiro Lawson
Jul 12th, 2004, 04:14:12 PM
Jiro looked at the hand as if it he'd never seen one before. He furrowed his brow and grabbed it pulling himself up.

"Uh, thanks," he said. He picked nervously at the pocket that secured his credits. He looked at the large man beside him. "Sorry, 'bout, man..."

Neo-Genesis
Jul 12th, 2004, 10:10:13 PM
Cypher managed a weak smile "Its ok. But why where you running down the street so fast?"

Jiro Lawson
Jul 13th, 2004, 07:37:38 PM
Jiro shifted his weight nervously. He mad e sure the credits were secure by sticking his hands in his pockets.

"N-no, reason. Just, uh, out for a run..."

Shade Magus
Jul 14th, 2004, 06:54:14 PM
Shad frowned. He could feel the boy was being dishonest, but why? "Running? On a Coruscant street?"

Neo-Genesis
Jul 14th, 2004, 08:13:45 PM
Cypher frowned also "Its dangerous to be running down a street such as this, you could trip and smash your face into the ground or knock someone down like you did with us."

Jiro Lawson
Jul 18th, 2004, 10:14:58 AM
Jiro threw his weight backwards, leaning on his heels and running a hand through his hair. He shrugged.

"Well, you know. Friends and I running around," he smirked. "Just having fun."

Shade Magus
Jul 18th, 2004, 02:25:50 PM
Shade narrowed his eyes. "Is that the only reason?"

Jiro Lawson
Jul 18th, 2004, 04:14:19 PM
Jiro shrugged.

"Sure. Why?"

Neo-Genesis
Jul 19th, 2004, 09:35:47 PM
Cypher had the feeling the lad was hiding something from them, He also noticed that he kept putting his hands inside his pockets as if making sure something was still there....something perphaps inportant "How come you keep sticking your hands in your pocket" He asked mostly just because he wanted to strike up a better conversation.

Jiro Lawson
Jul 20th, 2004, 06:28:51 PM
Jiro glanced at the man beside him, and looked him up and down for a moment. He shrugged, balling his fists around the credits.

"Just a habit."

Shade Magus
Jul 20th, 2004, 06:52:21 PM
"Strange habit, but to each his own I guess."

Jiro Lawson
Jul 20th, 2004, 07:37:02 PM
He nodded. This guy knew. Jiro could tell. It was written all over his face. Jiro pulled his hands from his pockets and tried to look innocent.

Neo-Genesis
Jul 20th, 2004, 10:30:43 PM
Cypher didn't know if Shade had an Idea what was with the boy, but when he pulled his hands out of his pockey Cypher thought that maybe the boy wasnt hiding anything afterall.

Shade Magus
Jul 21st, 2004, 12:24:39 AM
Shade still thought the boy was suspicious, but decided to let it drop for now. "So where were you running to?"

Jiro Lawson
Jul 21st, 2004, 07:41:21 PM
Jiro shrugged a litte. His mind was racing and a thousand different locations popped into his head. Jiro looked around for a moment.

"Just, uh, a cafe down that way," Jiro said, pointing down the way in which he was running. "Good little place. The Backyard. Ever heard of it?"

Shade Magus
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:13:11 PM
"Can't say I have."

Jiro Lawson
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:45:52 PM
Jiro shrugged. He could hear yelling down the street. It was the bouncers. He looked aorund the building. They were heading back down this way. He discreetly side-stepped into the shadows slightly.

"You should check it out."

Neo-Genesis
Jul 27th, 2004, 09:40:53 PM
"I've never heard of it and since I have not the need to consume foor or drink it does not suprise me" Cypher said before hearing noise behind him, he looked over his shoulder to see a few rather large men looking around for something or someone

He turned back Jiro and saw that he had moved into the shadows "Would you happen to know those men?"

Jiro Lawson
Jul 27th, 2004, 10:12:36 PM
Jiro's deep eyes snapped to the android. Of course he knew them. But he wasn't going to tell this bucket of bolts. He shrugged nonchalantly.

"No. Probably looking for a pick pocket." Dumb, dumb. You just pointed to yourself with a huge glowing sign, Jiro. Great job. He gulped. "Or something..."

Neo-Genesis
Jul 31st, 2004, 09:52:10 PM
Cypher's suspision was growing again "Are you sure you ok?" He said noticing that the boy was acting strange and gulping in air alot.

Jiro Lawson
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:28:15 PM
Jiro shrugged again.

"Uh, sure."

Neo-Genesis
Aug 27th, 2004, 07:59:46 PM
Cypher dismissed Jiro's strange behavior again "Maybe we should help those men in their search" He suggested.

Jiro Lawson
Aug 29th, 2004, 07:36:37 PM
Jiro jolted with the words the man spoked he shook his head a little too emphatically.

"Ahh, n-no, I'm sure they're quite capable of doing it themselves."

Neo-Genesis
Sep 14th, 2004, 11:18:15 PM
"Oh, well" He said giving up "So, do you live around here?" He asked the young boy while trying to spark up a little conversation.

Jiro Lawson
Sep 17th, 2004, 02:04:59 PM
Jiro was relieved to hear a change of subject. He nodded.

"Yeah. Just a little ways from here. Tiny little apartment. You?"

Neo-Genesis
Sep 18th, 2004, 02:22:04 PM
"I don't live anywhere. I just roam the streets and find a place to hide while I recharge" Cypher said while remembering the home he once had at the Jedi Temple here on Corascant.

Jiro Lawson
Sep 18th, 2004, 09:10:11 PM
Jiro raised an eyebrow. He was an android, yes, but surely he had some sort of life.

"I find it hard to believe you don't live anywhere. Some of these little places around here would take you in. As long as you can do some work."

Neo-Genesis
Sep 19th, 2004, 10:18:25 PM
"I have asked people if I could work for them, but none would take me. no one seems to believe that I would work for free like I have said and they just tell me to leave them alone."

Jiro Lawson
Sep 23rd, 2004, 08:17:23 PM
Jiro brushed some hair away from his hot forehead. He blinked, raising the other eyebrow.

"Well...I know a couple bars uptown are looking for guy who'll work for low wages. I'm sure no wages would entice them."

Neo-Genesis
Sep 25th, 2004, 02:41:42 PM
"Yes, I'm sure they'd take help but when a strange droid walks in and asks to work for free, they tend to think I'm up to something of no good and turn me away"

He sighed even though it was a very un-droid like thing to do "But I keep looking and I hope I find somewhere to work or I might just have to terminate myself."

Jiro Lawson
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:48:46 AM
Jiro blinked, then blinked again. What a depressing existence, Jiro thought with a huff.

"For god's sake, don't kill yourself. Then you'd be worthless. You could probably find a kid way down in the slums that'd take you in. They have this thing for droids and I'm sure they'd be more than happy not to pay for you."

Neo-Genesis
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:15:12 PM
"I must work. its the first rule of my programing." He said sadly "Well, if I find no one here then to the slums I will go."

Jiro Lawson
Oct 10th, 2004, 12:46:37 PM
Jiro nodded.

"The first rule? Somebody needs to reprogram you."

Neo-Genesis
Oct 10th, 2004, 05:34:05 PM
"That is not needed, I was programed flawlessly by a brilliant man."

Jiro Lawson
Oct 11th, 2004, 02:24:50 PM
Jiro laughed out loud. This guy was a riot.

"Flawlessy? Sure. I'm posotive you've got some problem here or there."

Neo-Genesis
Oct 11th, 2004, 08:57:33 PM
Cypher frowned and turned his face away from Jiro "I was programmed perfectly fine for what I am" He looked back at the boy "And if all your going to do is stand there and insult me you can take your remarks somewhere else."

Jiro Lawson
Oct 12th, 2004, 01:49:03 PM
Jiro held up his hands defensively.

"Simmer down, man. Didn't mean to touch a nerve," he said with a quick smile. He wilted. "Look, if you want to work for no money, I know some people in my apartment complex that would love more than anything to have help around the place. Most of them don't even have enough money to feed themselves. So, if you're good with kids, then I don't see why they wouldn't take you."

Neo-Genesis
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:17:36 PM
Cypher nodded his head "Thats sounds good. Where is this apartment complex?"

Jiro Lawson
Oct 13th, 2004, 02:26:29 PM
Jiro jabbed a thumb over his shoulder to his right.

"Just a few streets over from here. Small little place, but you should find someone there."

Neo-Genesis
Oct 14th, 2004, 02:10:20 PM
Cypher nodded his head "Thank you" He said with a small smile "That helps me alot."

Jiro Lawson
Oct 14th, 2004, 05:24:45 PM
"No problem," Jiro shrugged then beckoned for him to follow. "C'mon."

Neo-Genesis
Oct 14th, 2004, 08:40:59 PM
"Lead the way" Was all he said as he fell in step behind Jiro.

Jiro Lawson
Oct 17th, 2004, 06:23:07 PM
Jiro walked quickly to avoid any lingering searh for him, and led Cypher through a shortcut before arriving at the more or less rundown apartment building.

They entered through a door on the side and followed a slightly leaky hallway to a door at the end of the hall. Jiro tilted his head towards Cypher slightly.

"This is my room. I gotta drop a couple things off before we go owner hunting. You can come in if you like, but its pretty messy," Jiro shrugged as he unlocked the door and walked inside.

Neo-Genesis
Oct 17th, 2004, 07:28:05 PM
Cypher followed Jiro into his room. He looked around the messy room "Reminds me of my creators apartment"

Jiro Lawson
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:07:57 PM
Jiro laughed.

"I hardly think I'm anything like your creator. Not if he could create something like you," Jiro chuckled as he moved around to where Cypher could not see him and emptying his pockets of all his stolen goods. He put them in a safe box and looked to make sure everything was still there. "Anyway, even if I did have the brains, I don't have the talent."

Neo-Genesis
Oct 19th, 2004, 10:35:42 PM
"Well, he was a little messy now and then" He was looking out the window and wasn't paying attention to Jiro "My creator is very young, but smart.when he made me he was eighteen almost nineteen stardard years old, but I havn't kept track of time since I last saw him."