PDA

View Full Version : Stepping Stones

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 6th, 2004, 02:03:37 PM
Where had her life gone? It all seemed to be so far away, almost non-existant anymore. At one time, she felt she knew her future, her way of life, but now...

Everything was different as Quay's son grew within her, her choices had to be for him, not just for her. She had to think of his life, his future and she wanted him to have it all.

The choice she had come to hadn't been easy. No, it had been very hard, very hard indeed.

Quay knew that the Lost wasn't to be part of her life, she held to much mercy within her. She wasn't able to kill her son's father even though he may have very well deserved it, she just couldn't do it.

Her new friend Saadya had begun to show her the good things in life and the two had become very good friends.

Quay needed that right now and Saadya was there to support her in any way he possibly could.

Her master was once again away, so she proceeded to leave him a message on a data pad.

Dear Master,

I'm afraid that by the time you find this message, I'll be a part of the GJO again. My life is not going as I would have thought it to go, being part of the Lost. I can't live my life in the turmoil of secrets, not being able to tell my family and friends where I'm at or what I'm doing.

I don't want that for my son, I don't want him to grow up keeping things from the ones we love, so I'm leaving.

Don't worry no one will know where I've been or that I've been under your charge. If you wish to contact me, you know my comm number, if not I'll understand.

I also, want to thank you for everything you've done for my son and I, you'll never be forgotten.

Your Padawan,
Quay

WIth a sigh, Quay placed the datapad on her bed and finished up her packing.

Saadya was going to 'meet' her at Dexter's the very place they first met.

With a deep breath, Quay zipped up her dufflebag and put it on her shoulder. There weren't many around as she came out of her room.

River stood there across from her door as she walked into the hallway.

River Kincaid
Jul 6th, 2004, 02:06:46 PM
He folded his hands across his chest as he watched her come out. "You're really going, aren't you?" he asked.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 6th, 2004, 02:18:31 PM
Quay nodded. "Yeah, it's the best thing. Even if Marcus doesn't think so and I wanted to talk to him before I left..."

She sighed and bit her lip. "He's just been so busy with his own life and it doesn't look like he's going to make it back, before I go."