PDA

View Full Version : A twist on the swear filter

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 3rd, 2004, 05:44:50 PM
I had this idea earlier today, and thought I might put it out for everyone else to think about.

Pretty much, instead of whenever someone types in a word that will set off the swear filter, instead of having the 'censored' deal replace the word, have one of the many made up swear words that we tend to use be substituted instead? Like if someone typed in fuck, it'd be changed to krasst or frell, shit would be dren, and so on and so forth. I haven't come up with a list, pretty much just cause my time is limited and this move thing is wiping me out / aggravating the living crap out of me, so ya'll can start a list I suppose and just add on to it.

This is just a weird thought I had anyways, so if it's not really feasable, just let me know.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:03:57 PM
I think we should replace all instances of 'wtf' with 'Sacre bleu!'

Darth Viscera
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:22:18 PM
^^^seconded

TheHolo.Net
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:51:11 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
I had this idea earlier today, and thought I might put it out for everyone else to think about.

Pretty much, instead of whenever someone types in a word that will set off the swear filter, instead of having the 'censored' deal replace the word, have one of the many made up swear words that we tend to use be substituted instead? Like if someone typed in fuck, it'd be changed to krasst or frell, shit would be dren, and so on and so forth. I haven't come up with a list, pretty much just cause my time is limited and this move thing is wiping me out / aggravating the living crap out of me, so ya'll can start a list I suppose and just add on to it.

This is just a weird thought I had anyways, so if it's not really feasable, just let me know. Too much work involved in this idea.

Shawn
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:51:42 PM
We can't really replace individual swear words. There might be a hack to do it. But I think it's a matter of getting the posters to do the right thing on their own.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:01:30 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Too much work involved in this idea.

Yeah, I kinda thought that might be the case. Oh well :)

Lady Vader
Jul 6th, 2004, 04:24:02 PM
Well, damn. And I liked your idea too, s'Il. :\

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 7th, 2004, 12:35:24 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
I think we should replace all instances of 'wtf' with 'Sacre bleu!'

That would have been awesome :lol