PDA

View Full Version : Need help remembering...

Javus Parr
Jul 2nd, 2004, 05:44:11 PM
I have this vaque memory of some sort of species from the expanded universe (it might have been from the Han Solo books) that had the ability to blend in with shadows.

If I'm not dreaming this up, what's the species name??

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Live Wire
Jul 2nd, 2004, 08:11:37 PM
I found it!!!!

Aar'aa
this race of chameleon-like reptiloids is native to the planet Aar, and is known for its ability to match its skin color to its surroundings. Known as skin-changers, the Aar'aa are tall, well-muscled humanoids with pebbly-scaled skin, clawed hands and feet, and a thin ridge of skin running down their backs. Their large faces are dominated by thick eye-ridges which hang down over small, glowing eyes. (TPS)

Thanks so much to Fett for finding this for me!

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2004, 09:32:47 PM
And TPS is the first in the Han Solo Trilogy, The Paradise Snare.

Lady Vader
Jul 3rd, 2004, 12:43:58 AM
Ah! So I wasn't losing my marbles! And it was in the Han Solo books! Phew! I haven't lost my memory yet. :D

Thanks guys!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2004, 11:15:05 PM
I thought he called it a Wraith, no?

ReaperFett
Jul 5th, 2004, 04:39:09 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
Ah! So I wasn't losing my marbles! And it was in the Han Solo books! Phew! I haven't lost my memory yet. :D

Thanks guys!

Guy, just one of me ;)

Lady Vader
Jul 6th, 2004, 03:54:19 PM
But... if I say guys (plural) then that means you get TWO beatings instead of just one!! ^_^

Or would you rather just have one? ;)

Holly - I also seem to remember the creature being called a Wraith. That might be kind of a nickname given to the species maybe?

March Kalas
Jul 9th, 2004, 03:11:02 PM
There was also a creature similar to this in the first Thrawn series. Remember when all the smugglers were meeting and that one smuggler had a "shadow" bodyguard hiding in the background, so that when the Imperials came in, it sneaked up behind them (this was with Talon Karde).

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:39:14 AM
Defel wraith.

James Prent
Jul 13th, 2004, 02:40:39 PM
Originally posted by March Kalas
There was also a creature similar to this in the first Thrawn series. Remember when all the smugglers were meeting and that one smuggler had a "shadow" bodyguard hiding in the background, so that when the Imperials came in, it sneaked up behind them (this was with Talon Karde).

Originally posted by ReaperFett
Defel wraith.

That is the one I'm thinking of. :D