PDA

View Full Version : Surprise, Surprise (Jacali Danner)

Shade Magus
Jul 1st, 2004, 12:57:46 PM
Shade stood in front of the Jedi temple waiting for the Padawan learner Jacali Danner. Over the past few months the two had grown quite inseperable, and Shade couldn't explain it. Well he probably could, but he wasn't gong to anytime soon that he planned. He figured if it happened it happened. However today, he had a promise to fulfill. He had told Jacali that he would help her get a ship of her own, and today he intended to makegood on that promise. He had alread shown her the design, but not they were going to pick it up.

He sighed as a slight breeze blew by him. Thankfully he had opted to wear some of his lighter Jedi robes. It seemed like today would be a little hot outside.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:05:57 PM
Jacali had been in the Archives reading when she received the message to meet Jedi Knight Shade Magus out on the front steps.

They had been doing quite a bit together and wondered what he had up his sleeve this time. It didn't take her long before she was walking out the front lobby doors and down the steps where she saw him.

With a bright smile, she greeted him. "Heya! I got your message. What's going on?" She asked kindly.

Shade Magus
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:10:37 PM
He held out his hand and in it lay a small projector.

"This," he said with a smiled. A small hologram of a ship (http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/21819/40148_GS.jpg) appeared.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:15:03 PM
Jacali's jaw dropped, it was the ship that Shade had told her about. The very one that he had made arrangements to become hers.

"The ship you were talking about, is today the day?" She looked up at him, stunned that this was really happening.

Shade Magus
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:17:02 PM
"Well unless you'd rather wait it. I think I can set up another time for next week," he said jokingly.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:20:38 PM
"No, no, no, that's quite alright." She laughed. "I have plenty of time right now. Where is it?"

Jacali couldn't hide her enthusiasm.

Shade Magus
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:24:33 PM
"Well it is being looked at by an old freind right now. His shop is located in the northern hemisphere of Coruscant, so I'll be awhile before we get there, but it should be most amusing to see you try and wait."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:31:48 PM
Playfully, she gently hit his arm. "Ohh, you're going to enjoy this, aren't you? That's alright, I will be patient." She smiled. "Jedi are supposed to be patient."

"North Coruscant, huh? That's a good ways away."

Shade Magus
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:34:45 PM
"Patient yes. Excited though, no rules against it. Yeah, so is you plan to get there before night I suggest we a get a move on. Want to take your speeder, since I know how fast it is."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:38:33 PM
"Sure, it's in the parking garage. You can drive if you like, since you know where you're going." She told him as they headed towards the garage.

Once they were there, she handed him the keys.

Shade Magus
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:42:22 PM
"Ok, then let's go," the Jedi said as he slid into the driver's seat. He had always liked this speeder. Ever since the first time he had driven it. It had good control and very good speed.

He started the engine and smiled. He may not have known much about mechanics, but he did know a good engine when he heard one and this one, Jacali had put her heart and soul into.

"Ready to go?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 1st, 2004, 08:55:29 PM
"As ready as I'll ever be, let's hit it." She told him as she fastened her restraints.

Shade Magus
Jul 2nd, 2004, 01:59:24 PM
"Ok...here we go," he said as he cacked out of the parking spot and then pulled into traffic.

"You know, we might want to go a bit slower now, so we don't cause any accidents. Look at all the traffic there is today."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 2nd, 2004, 09:33:03 PM
"Slower?" Jacali asked as she noted that the traffic wasn't any worse than that of any other day.

"Shade, you are teasing me." She said with a sly look and attempting to hide her smile.

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:19:13 AM
"For now, I'll just agree and refrain from the first thought that popped in my head," he said with his own sly grin as he passed a much much slower speeder.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:52:26 PM
"Well, with your Jedi skills, I'm sure you can get us from point A to point B without an accident at warp speed."

She then pondered on the thought. "Well, on second thought..."

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:56:46 PM
Shade fiegned shock. "Are you suggesting I can't?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:00:44 PM
Jacali was loving every minute of this, but kept it well hidden.

"Well, I suppose you might...but, ya know it's a pretty far distance and..."

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:04:17 PM
Ohh....this will be good now.. the Jedi thought. "You know you're right. I guess I should good slower. You know, my eyes are getting bad in my old age."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:12:18 PM
"Well, maybe you should think about getting some glasses. Then, I bet you could run like the wind. I think, the big black ones would look good or maybe bright red ones, they'd go good with your hair. I can make an appointment for you if you'd like, you know me...anything to help out a friend." She said coyly.

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:15:46 PM
"No, I think those big brown ones would be better. They help get more into your view," Shade said as he got awfully close to a much bigger freighter and swerved at the last minute. "Oops didn't see that one."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:21:43 PM
Jacali giggled. "I'd say...geesh. You'd better get some tri-foggles. Or a seeing-eye dog that can fly." She had to bite her lip on that one to keep from laughing.

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:24:48 PM
Shade couldn't believ his ears. He reached out with the Force and unlocked her door.

"Well if you don't like my driving you can step out or you can drive," Shade said with a smile as he crossed his arms across his chest and let go of the wheel.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:30:05 PM
"Oh, you're doing a fine job." She giggled. "No tri-foggles needed here, but darn I was really looking forward to having a dog and calling him Oscar. So, you can drive." She winked.

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:33:36 PM
Shade reached out for the steering wheel again before stopping, for real this time. "Wait say that again? You wanted me to get a dog and you were looking forward to having him? What does that mean?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:43:37 PM
"What does what mean? A dog, what's wrong with getting a dog? But, ummm you'd better put your hands back on the wheel before we run into that UPS Speeder."

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:45:46 PM
"Yeah but you said you wanted me to get a dog because you wanted one," he said ignoring the truck. Could it be she...

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:02:28 PM
"I said..." She thought back at what she had said and her eyes got big. Oh, man I did say that and now it's too late to turn back.

Jacali was quiet for a moment, trying to think of what she was going say. Just tell him the truth...

"Shade, I...I sometimes try to hide what I'm feeling far too often and then boom it comes out and here I am. All flustered and feeling foolish."

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:06:00 PM
"What....whoa!" Shade grabbed the wheel and swerved to the side to miss the truck. He got the speeder back under control and turned back to Jacali.

"What are you trying to hide?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:16:03 PM
He's gonna think I'm an idiot, if he doesn't think so already...

Jacali felt her hands get sweaty and she felt like she was about to explode. "Shade...I think....no...I know...I'm..." God, she wasn't making any sense.

She stopped and took a deep breath. He's gonna kick me to the curb...

"I'm in love with you." She finally blurted out and squeezed her eyes shut waiting for the blow. The blow of hearing him laugh at her or worse yet tell her how stupid she was. It would all be over in a few moments and he would be gone.

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:22:48 PM
Shade slammed on the brakes. Did she just say?!? She did...

"Jacali...you...love me? Umm....I don't know how to say this, but I...umm...," He looked over and saw her closing her eyes. He reached out and touched her hand. "I love you too."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:49:43 PM
Even after the abrupt stop, Jacali kept her eyes closed. She didn't want to face the humiliation again.

Jacali didn't hear him laugh, but instead he spoke to her in a gentle tone and touched her hand.

I love you too.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked over at him. "I've felt this way ever since we rescued my sister. I knew there was just something there that bonded us, but I was afraid that if I said something you'd walk away."

Shade Magus
Jul 4th, 2004, 05:15:39 PM
"You know what's funny...I felt the exact same way."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 4th, 2004, 09:23:32 PM
A smile came to her face again as all the nervousness seemed to dissapate.

"Great minds think alike, don't they?" She asked with a grin.

Shade Magus
Jul 5th, 2004, 06:10:49 PM
"Well i don't know abut the great minds part, but Jedi do. Especially Jedi that feel the same way on particular subjects," Shade said as he heard a honking nhoise behind him and realized they were stopping traffic.

"What do you say we get out of here, and to your ship before everyone else decides to make sure we don't stop traffic again?" He said as he pulled forward and out of traffic going towards a small parking hangar. "We can park there and it isn't far to the shop."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 5th, 2004, 09:22:50 PM
"Sounds great, whip her right in there." Jacali smiled. She couldnt' believe what was happening, this had to be a dream.

"Oh and once your done, pinch me because I have to be dreaming."

Shade Magus
Jul 6th, 2004, 02:40:50 AM
"If you're dreaming then so am I and I would hate for it to end," he said with a smile.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 6th, 2004, 12:11:06 PM
Jacali blushed. "This is incredible, Shade. Now about that dog..." She laughed to ease everything between them.

Shade Magus
Jul 6th, 2004, 06:33:33 PM
"Um...I don't suppose now would be the best time to say I'm alergic would it?" He asked as he pulled into a parking spot an shut the speeder off.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 6th, 2004, 09:00:15 PM
"Are you really?" She asked as she opened her door and stepped out.

Shade Magus
Jul 8th, 2004, 01:00:31 AM
"To my knowledge yes. Kinda silly considering what I used to be able to do, but yes. Dogs and a lot of animal fur for that matter just makes me sneeze."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2004, 07:20:27 AM
"Aww, poor guy. Oh, well I guess no dog. That's alright as long as you're happy." She smiled.

"I'm glad I'm into mechanics then and not animals. Talking about that, I think I've found my nack of being a Jedi. I want to be a Jedi mechanic for the Temple. I know, it may seem a tad bit strange for a girl to be doing it, but I love mechanics among other things."

Jacali gave him a wink.

Shade Magus
Jul 8th, 2004, 07:21:23 PM
Shade turned as his face grew bright red. "So a mechanic uh? Sounds interesting. It should be a great credit to the Order."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2004, 10:39:44 PM
Jacali's face bacame serious. "I hope so, I hope that I'm taken seriously and not just looked upon like I'm crazy for wanting to do something like this."

Shade Magus
Jul 8th, 2004, 11:23:58 PM
"I'm sure you will. I have faith in you anyways." Shade said as he got out and walked towards the exit, looking at his watch. "Ohh we better hurry along before my freind closes his shop."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2004, 11:27:37 PM
"Right-o." Jacali nodded as she stayed up with him as the two of them hurried out of the garage and onto the busy sidewalk.

"So, where is this shop?" She didn't see anything that even looked like a ship shop.

Shade Magus
Jul 8th, 2004, 11:42:36 PM
"Well you'll have to look closely if you want to see it because my freind really doesn't like to advertise because he only sells his services to certain customers."

Shade looked around and then pointed to a run down shack two buildings down. "Right there!"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 09:49:31 AM
"There's nothing wrong with that." She looked to wher Shade was pointing. "Awesome!"

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 12:42:54 PM
"Yeah...now what's that code again?" Shade asked himself as they neared the building. "Oh man...I can't remember it...."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 12:57:25 PM
"Uh-oh, that's not good." She said as they neared the building.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 04:38:44 PM
Shade closed his eyes, trying a technique that an old Jedi Master had taught him. He rewound his memory to this morning when he was on the comlink with the shop owner.

"Remeber five six oh three two. Don't forget it Shade!"

"Don't worry, I won't."

"Ah ha! I remember," the Jedi said as they came up to the building. He located the small entry pad and entered the code. Five six oh three two. The door slide up with a swish and they walked into a clean almost new looking work shop. "Wow...guess appearances can be decieving."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 09:19:30 PM
Jacali was surprised as well. "Wow, this place is awesome."

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 09:29:59 PM
"Yeah it is a lot cleaner than the last time I was here. Now where is that old todaryian?" Shade said scanning the area. He finally saw a set of flapping wings hovering behind an older model speeder.

"Hey Wizzy! Over here!" Shade called as he and Jacali walked up to the shop owner.

"Shade, Shade how nice its iss to sees you my freind. How is this lovely lady?" The todaryian asked as his attention turned to Jacali.

"This is Jacali Danner. Jacali, this is Wizzy. She is the one the ship is for."

Oh. Is that right? I guess it only fair. Only someone so beautiful could be worty of the Sunfire. Don't you think sos Shade? Ah what am I saying, you wouldn't know romance if it hit you in the face. That's your problem, you always try to be to serious. Jacali you need to watch out for this guy and make sure he learns to have some fun eh?"

"Hey can we get off me for a minute? Is the ship ready?"

"Uh? Oh yes, yes. Right this way," Wizzy said as he lead them around the corner and right to the front of the Sunfire. "Well what you thinks of her?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 09:42:25 PM
Jacali blushed at the Toydarians comment and then giggled. But, when she saw the ship, her heart nearly stopped.

Her breath caught in her throat. It had to be the nicest ship she'd ever seen...and it was going to be hers.

"I..." She blinked back the tears she felt. "I could've only imagined such a ship...it's beautiful."

Jacali felt as if she'd just won the lottery, "I can't believe this..." The first tear fell as her hand went up to her mouth in disbelief. She was completely shell-shocked. "It's perfect."

Another tear fell and she didn't even care.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 09:48:25 PM
Wizzy flew around her in a circle. "What? What!? You no liking it? We prehaps trade it for another.....whoa!

At that moment Shade brought his hand up to swat at the todaryian. "No, she doesn't mean she doesn't want it. She means it is good."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 09:56:52 PM
Jacali nodded. "Yes, Wizzy. It's perfect, in every way. Can we see inside?"

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 09:58:30 PM
The Todaryian nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, yes. This way please."

The group turned to walk to the ramp. When they neared, Wizzy flew a few feet ahead of them and pushed a button to lower the ramp.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:09:01 PM
While they waited on the ramp to disengage, Jacali did something she wouldn't have normally done. She took a hold of Shade's hand and gave it a squeeze and she didn't let go.

The Padawan looked over to see his reaction and smiled gently.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:13:41 PM
Shade was shocked to say the least, but he didn't pull away. He hadn't felt like this in a long, long time and he missed it. He had forgotten what it was like to be this close to someone. Fogotten what it was like to let someone in.He simply smiled and squeezed back.

Finally the ramp was down all the way and Shade moved aside to let Jacali by. "Your ship. You should be the first one in."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:21:01 PM
"And I want you right there with me." Jacali told him as she led him up the rampway.

It was huge, as they walked into what seemed to be the main corridor. "Which way first?" She asked with a grin.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:25:27 PM
"Ummm....Wizzy which way is the cockpit?" SHade called over his shoulder.

"To the right yes."

"Ok...I guess we go right."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:31:05 PM
"Alrighty." She headed towards the right and they came into the main lounge area along with a nice sized galley.

"Wow, this place rocks."

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:39:38 PM
"Yeah it does," Shade said suspiciously. "Wizzy, how did you get this ship again?"

"Ohh...such things aren't important. All you need to worry about is the here and now."

"Wizzy," Shade said menacingly.

"Alright alright...you remember Nasher?" The todaryian asked. He waited for Shade to nod slowly. [i]"Well we had a bit too much to drink the other night and he put up his ship and I put up my shop in a Sabacc game."

"Wizzy are you crazy!? You could have lost everything!"

"Well he is the one that insulted me by saying I didn't know a lightsaber from a joker. Besides it was all funand games. I got the title fair and square."

"Then why are you giving it away?"

"Hehe...well...he still ain't to happy with me right now..."

"When will you people ever learn? Hey wait a second...Nasher was a smuggler...and a good one at that. How did you get the ship past customs with all the modification he must have made?"

"Well just says I know a few peoples," Wizzy said with a smile.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:49:51 PM
Jacali turned around and listened to the two. "It is legal though?"

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:55:29 PM
Shade nodded slowly. Clearly not impressed with Wizzy's means about going about things, but there really wasn't anything he could do. "Yeah it is legal. I don't know about how many of the modifications are, but I doubt it would hurt anyone. Consider yourself lucky that WIzzy here is a good hustler as well. I'll bet this ship that he wasn't even affected by the acohol he claimed to be drinking."

The Todaryian gave the Jedi pair a sheepish smile.

"But this better be the last time WIzzy. No more conning smuggler's out of their ships. You know if you didn't do it you wouldn't have to hide your shop you know?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:04:40 PM
Jacali knew she could add some modifications herself, so it would make it near impossible to trace back to anyone.

As the two continued talking, the Padawan noticed the entrance to the cockpit. She squeezed by Shade and made her way there.

Everything looked brand new. Jacali took a seat in the pilots chair and ran her hands over the controls.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:10:38 PM
Shade watched Jacali walk into the cockpit and finished his little spew with Wizzy before moving to join her. He found her sitting in the pilots chair and looking at everything she could see. Even he could tell that the sight was impressive, and that wassaying a lot for someone who knew absolutely nothing about mechanics.

He leaned over her shoulder, whispering in her ear. "So how is everything?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:17:25 PM
A bright smile appeared on her face. "Things couldn't be better, Shade. I'm still in awe."

She looked up at him. "You're amazing, do you know that?"

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:19:15 PM
"Me? I haven't done anything amazing. This was all him," he said jerking his finger back to Wizzy.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:23:11 PM
"But, you made this happen. You didn't have to get me this ship, but you did and for that...you are amazing."

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:25:34 PM
"No really it wasn't anything. I just had a few favors lying around and thought it would be nice. Afterall you saved my life when we had that run in with Yurza. So we are even."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:38:29 PM
"Very well." She said. "But, I didn't do all the work down there. You did a good job too. You couldn't help it that you got bit by a spider. You would've done the same had the tables been turned."

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:41:59 PM
Shade was at a loss for words. He didn't like taking credit for much, but Jacali just wasn't giving him a choice. "Ok...I did ok..."

He slid into the copilots chair. "So how about we see what this baby can do?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:52:42 PM
"I thought you'd never ask." She told him with a grin.

"Wizzy, take a seat, we're going to see how well this bird flies."

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:55:11 PM
"Ohh no...I think I'd be preferring to stay here on the ground," he said back out to the ramp. "You two enjoy yourselves now!"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 10th, 2004, 12:01:01 AM
Jacali looked at Shade. "I was really hoping he'd say that. I wanted to really try this baby out."

She found the ramp control button and pressed it.

Jacali looked over the controls and powered up the converters. Everything seemed to just hum to life.

"She sounds good."

Shade Magus
Jul 10th, 2004, 01:17:12 AM
Shade was confused for a moment. Why would she be glad that WIzzy left? Oh well, he thought as she smiled and fired up the engine. It was nice that she was happy.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 10th, 2004, 07:57:06 AM
A moment later, she saw the Toydarian in front of her outside, pointing upwards.

"Oh, cool the roof opens up." She said mainly to herself, she gave him the thumbs up sign and put on her restraints.

"Are ya ready, Shade?"

Shade Magus
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:37:02 PM
Shade buckled his harness and nodded. "Whenever you are. Umm...quick question though. Where do you plan on going with the ship to test her out? You just going to do atmosphere flying, or are you going to go into space and test all the systems?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 14th, 2004, 11:07:00 PM
"Well, I thought we could test out all the systems in space. It's always a good idea and it'll give me a chance to really give her a good fly." Jacali answered as she flipped a few switches and soon was rising out of the building.

It purred like a kitten.

Shade Magus
Jul 15th, 2004, 02:34:35 PM
Shade nodded and leaned back in his seat, allowing Jacali all the room she needed.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:25:13 PM
Jacali's hand moved easily over the controls. She did a barrel roll as she shot it towards space. "Wow, this is great, Shade!"

Shade Magus
Jul 15th, 2004, 07:56:01 PM
Shade nodded, trying to regain his bearings. He wasn't quite used to maneuvering like this, but he could see that Jacali was handling herself fine.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 15th, 2004, 08:10:42 PM
She straightened the ship up and prepared for a short hyperdrive test. "I'm going to do a five minute hyperdrive test and then we can come back and I'd like to try some avasive manuevers, if you are up to it."

Shade Magus
Jul 15th, 2004, 08:40:43 PM
"Please by all means. I think even just five minutes away from here would be me good. I'll give us both some leg room."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 15th, 2004, 08:53:31 PM
"Great, I'll set the coordinates and well be on our way." It only took Jacali a couple of minutes to set the hyperdrive navigational computer.

"Okay, let's punch it." She pressed the button and within seconds they were surrounded by starlines.

Jacali sat back. She seemed almost in awe. "It doesn't matter how many times I see it. Lightspeed always amazes me with it's beauty."

Shade Magus
Jul 16th, 2004, 03:30:59 PM
"I know, I feel the same way...well as long as it is taking me away from Coruscant anyways," he said with a smile.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 16th, 2004, 10:39:33 PM
Jacali looked over at him. "You don't like Coruscant much, do you? If you could go anywhere or any place, where would that be?"

Shade Magus
Jul 17th, 2004, 12:52:57 PM
"Yeah, and I'm sorry if that offends you, but I was just raised on lush green planets, so having buildings all around kinda makes me feel clostraphobic."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 18th, 2004, 08:22:57 AM
"No offense taken, I'm not from here either. I'm from Corellia and it's nothing like this place and I agree, there is way too much city here for me to be comfortable."

Shade Magus
Jul 18th, 2004, 02:19:33 PM
"Well where would you like to visit?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 18th, 2004, 07:51:33 PM
"Hmmm, well I'd really like to go somewhere tropical to swim someday, I used to love to swim. But...it'd have to be at night..."

Jacali shook her head. "Silly thoughts, me swimming, ha."

The truth was that she knew she'd never swim again, not the with scars that were on her right leg. She was just too consciensious about them.

Shade Magus
Jul 18th, 2004, 08:12:35 PM
"Why so silly?" Shade asked curiously. "I don't see anything that could keep you from swimming.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 19th, 2004, 03:18:06 AM
"Well, perhaps not in reality, Shade. I could swim, but.." She sighed slightly as she looked down at the brace.

"The scarring that was left behind after the accident...was awful and letting anyone see them, I just can't do. Hayden's seen them, since he's my doctor and so has Mylia, but to parade around in a swimming suit for all the outsiders to see...seems very unlikely."

Shade Magus
Jul 19th, 2004, 01:17:31 PM
Shade shook his head as he smiled. "I'm sure you would look fine. It isn't as though you are the only one with scars. I'm sure plenty of others do too. Even I have a few scars, but if it really makes you that self consious, then why not just use synthetic flesh?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 22nd, 2004, 09:25:30 PM
"Never thought of that one, hmmm. I may have to go see Hayden when we return." She blushed. "I'm sure this sounds very silly to you."

Jacali looked away in embarrassment. It was something the Padawan took more than seriously and she was sure she sounded like some young school girl.

Shade Magus
Jul 22nd, 2004, 11:46:41 PM
"Not really. When I said you weren't the only with scars I meant it. I know what it is like to not want to show them...that's kinda why you'll hardly ever see me ithout a shirt."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 23rd, 2004, 09:23:18 PM
Jacali nodded. "Well, then you do understand what I'm talking about, before the accident I used to run in shorts and wear miniskirts. But, those days are gone and I don't feel confident enough to even go there."

Shade Magus
Jul 26th, 2004, 07:18:17 PM
"I suppose so. So, what are your plans for this baby?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 26th, 2004, 08:16:31 PM
"I'm not sure, probably make some of my own modifications once I really find out what she can do." Jacali glanced down at her chrono. "Hmmmm, that's strange. We should have come back into real space by now."

The young Padawan slid behind the pilots seat again and looked over her readings. Her eyebrow raised slightly as she tapped lightly on the gage. "We have a slight problem. It seems to be stuck."

Shade Magus
Jul 26th, 2004, 08:21:16 PM
"Huh? Or I get it, you're joking! Haha funny...Jacali...you aren't smiling...either you are really good or....." Shade continued to see the look on her face.

"Oh boy....well...this is nice...any suggestions?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:18:44 PM
delete...

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:18:51 PM
"Well, I'll have to manually shut down the hyperdrive and pray we don't blow a sublight engine or fly into a star." She said as she kept her mind at ease.

"I need to get to the hyperdrive engine room, it's below us." Jacali hurried past Shade, the timing lock had already passed and it they didn't get the hyperdrive shut down fast, it may be the last trip they ever took.

Shade Magus
Jul 27th, 2004, 07:58:24 PM
Shade moved out of Jacali's way and followed her down the corridor's leading to the hyperdrive engine, wishing frantically that he had more experience with mechanics. "Anything I can help with?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:10:04 PM
"I'll need you to go back up to the cockpit and strap yourself in." She said as she quickly found the grate to the hyperdrive compartment, it was smaller than she expected and not easy to get too. "Wow, that will definitely have to be changed."

Jacali turned and looked at Shade. "When I shut down the hyperdrive, we won't come out easily. It's gonna jerk everything pretty much forward, so I'll need you to be ready to stablize the pitch and turn down the converters."

Shade Magus
Jul 28th, 2004, 06:15:15 PM
Shade put on his brakes and spun around.

"Yes ma'am," he said over his shoulder as he turned to go back to the cockpit.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 28th, 2004, 09:51:13 PM
Jacali worked quickly, it took her only a couple of minutes to get to the hyperdrive generator. The panel took longer to get off then getting to it.

Once the generators panel was off, Jacali pulled out a series of colored wires.

Okay, Jacali....think. It's a relator sequence all color coded. Remember the codes. One wrong wire off at the wrong time...she didn't want to think about it.

"Red, yellow, green...no." The Padawan shook her head and took a deep breath. She drew on the Force, to relax.

A moment later, she looked at the wires again. The coded sequence came to her. "Your back remember when gone. Yellow, black, red, white, green." With careful hands, Jacali clipped the wires in the order. As she clipped the last wire, the ship whined loudly as Jacali predicted, but the jerk was unbelieveable.

The Padawan flew forwards with a cry as she scrambled to grab something, but the pipe she grabbed burnt her hand and she hit something else hard with her head and blacked out.

Shade Magus
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:04:51 PM
Shade was jerked forward as they came out of hyperdrive, but he did as told and had the ship undercontrol in no time. When he reoriented himself hesaw they were about to run straight into a planet and he let out an audible sigh.

He climbed out of his seat and went back to look for Jacali. When he rounded the corner he found her unconsious. He moved over to her and gently shook her. "Jacali. Wake up...come on..please be alright..."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:13:50 PM
The Padawan groaned as she slowly opened her eyes to see Shade above her.

"Are we alive or dead?" She asked softly as she reached up and touched the growing goose egg on her forehead.

Shade Magus
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:22:24 PM
Shade kneeled down beside of her to help her. "Alive but barely...if you had stopped us one nanosecond later, we'd be sitting in the core of a planet."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:36:14 PM
"Thank the Force then, that was a bit too close for my comfort."

Jacali groaned again as she sat up. "Oh, tell the guy with the jackhammer to lay off."

Shade Magus
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:39:54 PM
Shade smiled and put his hand on her head. He sent sutle ripples through the Force. It was about the only healing trick he knew, but it should help her headache. "Any better?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:52:08 PM
The pain was dulled to an ache. "Yes, much. Thank you."

Shade helped her to her feet. "Well, I suppose the first thing we need to do is figure out where we are."

With a deep breath, Jacali headed back towards the cockpit.

Shade Magus
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:55:25 PM
Shade follwed her, and at the same time sent his Force awareness outwards, to see if there was any life out there that might be able to help them.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:15:12 PM
The Padawan sat down in the pilots chair and took a checked the navigational computer, it was alright.

She began going over some star charts. "Okay, we passed our range by about seven minutes. Which isn't a lot, but enough to blind us for a bit."

Shade Magus
Jul 29th, 2004, 07:08:17 PM
Shade's gaze slowly turned towards the planet out of the viewport. "Umm....Jacali...something isn't right about that planet..."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 30th, 2004, 09:41:24 PM
"What is it, Shade?" She asked as she looked up from the computer.

Shade Magus
Aug 1st, 2004, 02:54:09 PM
The Jedi shook his head. "I'm not sure, but I'm not getting very good vibes from the surface."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:01:31 PM
"Great and we're going to have to land there to check the ship. I can't do it in the air." Jacali answered with a sigh.

Shade Magus
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:02:27 PM
Shade shook his head and slid into the co-pilots chair. "Wizzy just wait till I see you again....So what do you need me to do?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 4th, 2004, 09:32:36 PM
"Well, you can check out the geological graphs and locate us a place to land." She said as she began flipping some switches to slowly get them moving again towards the planet.

Shade Magus
Aug 7th, 2004, 01:24:10 PM
Shade walked over to the computers and began looking around as the ship's scanners viewed the planet. "Here. In the northern hemisphere, there seems to be some sort of settlement. We may be able to land there. Hold on and Ill have the exact coordinates."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 10th, 2004, 08:51:08 PM
"Well, maybe things won't be so bad, we're Jedi after all." But, Jacali knew that there could be definite problems with being a Jedi as well.

With a gentle smile, she took control of the ship and began guiding it towards the planet.

Shade Magus
Aug 16th, 2004, 04:35:33 PM
Shade continued checking the controls he was responsible for, while Jacali piolited the ship down. Suddenly he got small bleep to his left and checked it out. "We're being hailed."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 17th, 2004, 07:05:08 AM
"Great, go a head and take it, maybe things won't be so bad after all." She spoke with a bit of enthusiasm in her voice.

Shade Magus
Aug 18th, 2004, 06:47:08 AM
Shade nodded as he pushed the button to bring up the right frequency.

"Unidentified ship please send us some sort of identification and state your intentions."

"Sending identification codes now," He said as he pushed a few buttoms to transmit their clearances. "As far as our intentions, we are Jedi who are having some minor engine problems and need a place to land and preferably some assisstance, but it is not necessary. In fact..."

"And rightly so," the voice yelled back. "Jedi, umph...who needs you. Permission to land has been granted though you will only be allowed in the southern hemisphere. Anywhere else and you will forfiet the hospitality that we extend you. Is that clear?

"Rightly so," the Jedi said as he fed Jacali the coordinates as they came.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 18th, 2004, 06:59:08 AM
Jacali raised an eyebrow as she shook her head. "Now that is some mighty nice hospitality there. Probably going to land us in some swamp or something."

A swamp was about what it was. "Ugh, just our luck."

Shade Magus
Aug 18th, 2004, 07:04:24 AM
Shade looked out the cockpit and nodded. "I agree, but atleast they were nice enough to leave a smal landing platform for their unwanted visitors," he mused.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 18th, 2004, 08:23:58 PM
Jacali carefully headed for the small platform. She flipped the switch for the landing gear...nothing happened. She flipped it again...still no landing gear expelled from the belly of the ship.

"Oh, dear... the landing gear isn't coming down. Hang on, Shade. This may be rough, I'm going to try and land in that marshy spot, so we won't damage the ship." Jacalli steered the craft past the small plate form. She pulled up on the steering so they wouldn't nosedive.

The Padawan cut the engines at just the right time as the back of the ship dug into the marsh, bringing the rest of the ship down.

Jacali concentrated as the ship slid across the marsh and just barely missed a group of trees, then it finally came to a rest.

Leaning back in the pilot's seat, she sighed deeply and closed her eyes. She wondered just how much damage was done.

Shade Magus
Aug 19th, 2004, 03:03:03 AM
As Shade was holding on to his chair while Jacali put the ship down, he was thinking up every imaginable, and a few unimaginable ones for Wizzy, the Tyodarian that had sold him this ship. When I got back to Coruscant..., he thought as he let out a deep breath to calm down.

He looked over at Jacali. "Sorry about this...so how much damage you think there is?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 19th, 2004, 05:04:08 PM
"It's hard to say, but we need to find out why the landing gear didn't come down. But, let's go and do an outside check first." She said as she stood up and headed for the back hatch. It only came down a small ways, but just enough for them to climb up and squeeze through.

As it opened a terrible smell lingered about from the outside, something that reminded Jacali of moldy cheese. "Ugh," she shook her head and wrinkled her nose. She jumped from the small opening and landed in a boggy mess up to her knees with a splash.

"Water's great, come on in." The Padawan couldn't help but smile at the strange predicament the two of them where in.

"I hope there's no swamp monsters in here."

Shade Magus
Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:47:15 PM
Shade look one more look around before jumping in himself. The water was warm and might have been comfortable had it not been in a swamp. He waded over to Jacali, smiling, waiting on her instructions.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 23rd, 2004, 08:49:27 PM
"Okay, well let's go around the front and see what kind of damage there is."

Jacali blew out a sigh and began wading around towards the front of the ship. "Mud's getting bad up here...it's all mush---"

A second later, Jacali yelped and had gone completely under with a splash.

Shade Magus
Aug 24th, 2004, 04:27:31 PM
Shade jumped forward, but not to far as so he would subcumb to whatever pulled her under. Afterall, what good would he be then?

"Jacali?!" He sent out his Force awareness, trying to locate her. He could sense her, but it was like she was moving around at an amazing speed under it all.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 24th, 2004, 08:24:55 PM
Jacali had been able to get a quick breath just before she had been rudely pulled under. Something had wrapped a leathery tenacle around her braced leg with amazing speed and took her under. Pain raged through her leg as she felt things being torn. It wasn't a good feeling, but she had no time to think about it, she had other things on her mind.

The Padawan struggled to get free as water rushed all around her, if she didn't get loose soon, she'd drown. That was exactly what this thing was anticipating on.

Her lightsabre was useless, but...

Jacali's body quit struggling and went limp. The creature reacted, it slowed it's speed and loosened it's steel grip on her leg.

Shade Magus
Aug 24th, 2004, 09:05:33 PM
Shade waded around for a moment. He could see where she had been struggling, but now the water settled and he feared the worse. He pulled his lightsaber from his belt and ignited it while stretching out his Force awareness.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:19:16 PM
A few more seconds...

The grip loosened some more as Jacali remained perfectly still. The pain in her leg was bad, very bad but the Jedi Padawan ignored it as best as she could. Ever so slowly, Jacali's hand had gotten to her lightsabre and she had a full grip on it.

It loosened a bit more, now was her chance.

Through grit teeth, Jacali kicked hard and jumped out of the way. Her body came up out of the water for a brief moment, about ten meter's from the ship.

A leathery tenacle was already springing back into action to catch it's prey again.

The Padawan tried to stand in the waist-high water, but to no avail the pain was too fierce and she fell backwards.

The tenacle snaked after her.

Jacali willed herself to stand again and kept most of her weight on her left side, her heart was pounding as she watched the tenacle draw closer.

She saw Shade coming towards her from the corner of her eye and as the tenacle was about to attack, Jacali's sabre came on and with a quick sweep cut cleanly through it with a sizzle.

The Padawan could hear the distant cry of some creature as what was left of the tenacle drew backwards and disappeared.

Jacali shut off her sabre and tried to wipe some of the water from her face.

Shade Magus
Aug 26th, 2004, 08:40:07 PM
Shade rushed forward to Jacali's side, his saber ready incase anything else tried to come out of the water. "Are you ok?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 26th, 2004, 08:55:23 PM
She took a few deep breaths and shook her head. "That thing hurt my leg...I can't put any weight on it."

At that moment, Jacali attempted to step on her right leg and cried out in pain through grit teeth. "Oww!!"

Shade Magus
Aug 27th, 2004, 02:01:48 AM
Shade reached out to help her up. "Here lean on me and we'll get you back up to the ship."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 27th, 2004, 08:35:25 PM
"Oh, I'm sorry, Shade." She spoke softly as she leaned on him. "I think it crushed my brace." She couldn't tell through the murky water.

Shade Magus
Aug 28th, 2004, 12:14:01 AM
Shade helped Jacali back over to the ramp, still keeping an eye outfor whatever had dragged her under. "There isn't anything to be sorry for Jacali, and don't worry about anything. We'll have to fixed up in no time."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 29th, 2004, 12:30:04 AM
The Padawan was shivering as water dripped off her hair, it was quite a bit cooler inside than it was out.

Jacali groaned as she saw her brace, it had nearly been crushed. "Well, thank goodness it grabbed my braced leg and not the other."

The brace had saved her leg from being crushed, though there was damage done as well, but not as bad as it could've been.

Jacali allowed Shade to help her over to one of the benches in the lounge.

Her pants were ripped where her brace had been torn up and squeezed beyond belief. There was a patch of blood beneath one area of mangled brace around her knee.

Shade Magus
Aug 30th, 2004, 01:33:08 PM
Shade looked down at Jacali's leg and winced. "Ohh...hold on a second and I'll try and mind something to rap that up, but it looks like you're going to have to take that brace off."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 31st, 2004, 04:35:41 AM
Jacali groaned inwardly, she couldn't walk five steps without the help of her brace and since this wasn't a planned excursion, she didn't have her reserve brace with her.

But, then again, whether she had her brace or not, she wasn't going to be walking on it.

The Padawan winced as she began unfasten the fasteners that held it to her leg. Once it was off, she threw it aside and pushed up her pant leg to get a better look.

What she saw made her groan even louder. Bruises were up and down her leg already and around her knee had begun to swell. There was a nice looking gash on her knee where the brace had torn into some flesh.

"Oh, pretty..." She breathed and leaned back on the bench. Her leg was throbbing.

Shade Magus
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:05:59 PM
Shade came back with a small med pack and wincd at the sight of the wound. He could only imagine the pain she was feeling. He took out a strip of gauze and placed it over the gash on her leg gently. He then took her hand and laid it over the gauze.

"Here you hold this down since you know better than me how much pressure to put on your leg and I'll tape it in place," he said reaching into the pack for some medical tape.

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:22:36 PM
"This has turned into quite an interesting ordeal." She tried to smile, but winced as she put pressure on the wound.

Jacali touched his arm gently. "But, I am glad it's you, I'm sharing this with."

Shade Magus
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:51:24 PM
Shade smiled as he layed the tape down to hold the bandages in place. "I am to Jacali, though I wish the circumstances were a little different."

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 1st, 2004, 09:22:08 PM
Jacali grinned as he wrapped the bandage to her leg. "Well, it's all in a days work, a Jedi never knows what turmoil may occur."

"I do feel slightly bad about cutting that animals tentacle off, it was only acting on instinct." She sighed as she looked down at the mess of bruises, they were already beginning to turn purplish.

"Though, it sure did a good number on me."

Shade Magus
Sep 1st, 2004, 09:28:30 PM
"That it did," he said as he finished wrapping her leg. He put down the med pack and sat next to her. "So what now?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:38:13 AM
"Well, I can do a skematic check on the ship and see overall what's going on here, if you'd be kind enough to carry me to the cockpit." She looked down at her busted brace and shook her head slightly.

"Hayden won't be too happy with that." On another note. "The check will take me a couple of hours, so if you'd like to go rest for a while, go ahead."

Shade Magus
Sep 3rd, 2004, 12:52:51 PM
"I think I'd rather stay with you," he said a he bent down, cradling her legs in his right arm and her body in his left. "If that is alright with you?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 3rd, 2004, 01:25:59 PM
Jacali smiled as he gently lifted her up. "It'll be kinda boring, but sure. I could use the company."

Shade Magus
Sep 3rd, 2004, 01:32:47 PM
"Ok then," Shade said as he walked down the corridor towards the cockpit. Once they were inside we gently put her down in the pilot's chair and took his seat in the co-pilots chair.

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 3rd, 2004, 01:48:39 PM
The Padawan was grateful as she turned and got to the diagnostic computer, it didn't take her but a few minutes to begin running a diagnostic and skematic check on the ship.

"Well, the estimated time to be finished is two hours. I like the program though, it looks very thorough. You're friend got an excellent computer installation."

She turned around and laid her head back as she heard a loud 'thump' beneath them. "What was that? Oh...sure'y it's not that 'thing'."

Thump, thump...

The ship suddenly jolted sideways and came to a rest as two large tentacles came into view outside the viewport.

Shade Magus
Sep 5th, 2004, 02:07:26 PM
Shade saw the tentacles come up out of the water and he sighed. "I don't suppose this thing has any weapons on it?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:57:03 PM
Jacali bit her lip. "I don't believe so, but it's just not giving up and unfortunately, I can't do much to help you. I wonder if there's a harpoon gun in the back."

Shade Magus
Sep 8th, 2004, 11:04:19 PM
"I don't know, but I think you should worry more about doing what you can about getting us air born from in here, I think I should be able to take care of this thing by myself."

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 9th, 2004, 04:25:25 AM
"Alrighty, I think I can do that." She answered as she over-rode the diagnostic check. "I may be able to give us a lift unless that thing is attached."

Quickly, she started the converters, hoping it would be enough to scare it off, but it almost seemed to make it more enticed in the ship.

Jacali fastened her restraints and pulled up on the lifter controls, they moved a few seconds and got jolted. "That thing's got us and if I keep trying to move we'll burn up the lifters. I think, it's time to clear this thing off." She wished they had some outer weapons on the ship, but there wasn't...this was another thing she would change. That was if they could get out of here.

Shade Magus
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:33:47 PM
Shade walked ouside onto the ramp. No sooner had he gotten his head out had a tentacle come at him and he dodged to the side. HE snatched his ligthsaber up from his belt and ignited the green blade. When the tentacle came back he nicked it and it imeadiately retracted. Good, atleast it can feel pain.

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:08:52 PM
"Shade, I'm going to try and move again! Hang on!" She called and lifted up on the thrusters. The lifters creaked, but they were still stuck. She kept them where they were and waited for Shade to cut them free.

Shade Magus
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:42:10 PM
Shade heard her, but didn't respond. Instead he focusd on the tentacles as they came in for another strike. Using the Foce to tell him when, he jumped, avoiding the creature and dove into the water.

Here he was much slower, but he could still manuever. He let the animal catch him and as it dragged him under, trying to crush him with its tentacle, he aimed his lightsaber at the things head, or atleast what he took for the head. Once he was close enough, he shoved the blade forward, puncturing the animal. It probably wouldn't be enough to kill it, but it was shocked enough tolet him and the ship go.

When he looked again, teh animal was fleeing and leaving a stream of blackness trailing from it. Covering its escape. Impressive, the Jedi thought as he began to swim back for the surface.

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2004, 08:23:14 PM
When Shade didn't answer, Jacali programmed the lifters to remain where they were and then groped at a couple of pipes along the ceiling, so she could to get back to the hatchway. Using the strength in her arms, she kept moving hand over hand to get back to Shade. The burn on her right hand from earlier was very aggitated, but the Padawan ignored it and kept going. Along the way , she heard a definite 'splash' and Shade disappeared from sight.

"Shade!" Had the thing grabbed him? When she finally got to the entryway and saw the Jedi Knight allow himself to be caught and drug under, a few moments later...she felt a jerk and nearly toppled out of the ship.

The lifters weren't whining like before as the Padawan regained her hand holds. Shade had gotten them free!

A second later, he appeared. She greeted him with a smile on her face while hanging on the pipes. "That was awesome." She told him.

Shade Magus
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:05:11 AM
Shade shook the water from his face smiling. "Good let's get out of here before that thing decided to bring back his whole family."

The Jedi swam over to the edge of the ramp and pulled himself up. He then rolled over on his back, smiling and relaxing, enjoying the moment. He had no idea his plan would work. He had thought he was a goner, but atleast he was safe now.

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 16th, 2004, 09:05:17 PM
"No problem." She told him as she swung out with her good leg and hit the hatch retract button, then let go of the pipes and landed with a Force cushion on her left leg.

Hastily, she took a seat by the dripping wet Shade and pressed a few buttons on her comm link.

A second later, the ship took off.

"While you were out taking a swim, I programmed my comm to the ships main computer."

Shade Magus
Sep 17th, 2004, 08:15:26 AM
Shade smiled as he felt the ship rise into the ground and let out a deep sigh."Sounds fun, but what about the other things? We still need to find a place to land to fix them right."

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 17th, 2004, 03:38:05 PM
"Yeah, and I think the problem is in the wiring. I believe, there is a short somewhere. I just need to locate it."

Shade Magus
Sep 21st, 2004, 09:04:43 PM
"Well anything I can do just let me know."

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 21st, 2004, 09:17:25 PM
"Do you think you could fix my brace good enough for me to use and possibly find me something like a cane or a crutch to use as well? I would be more than appreciative." She leaned over him for moment and gently wiped a water drop off his nose.

A second later, she leaned closer and kissed him gently.

Shade Magus
Sep 24th, 2004, 09:06:18 PM
Shade returned the kiss before pulling away. "I'm not sure about your brace, but I'll give it a try and I am sure I could find somethig to help support you."

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:04:47 PM
She smiled down at him. "Thanks, anything will do. I don't want you to have to carry me around all day."

Though, the thought of that sounded intriguing, Jacali knew better.

Shade Magus
Sep 27th, 2004, 01:56:54 PM
"Well that doesn't sounds like that bad of an idea, but I'll see what I can do," he said as he got up and walked to the cargo hold. A few minutes later he brought back a pipe. It would come up to her waist so hopefully it would do.

"Here you go. Let's get you into the cockpit and then I'll see what I can do about your brace ok?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:44:54 AM
"Very well." She smiled as he gave her the pipe and helped her up. Not putting any pressure on her leg, Jacail was able to hobble back to the cockpit, where she began her real work.

The first thing she did was take controll back over the ship and found the small landing platform.

Keeping the ship hovering, she tried the landing gear again. This time a warning started chiming.

"Ah, here we go now...its finally aware of the situation. Now, maybe I can find the problem." Jacali had to fix the landing gear and then go straight to the hyperdrive, once those where fixed and online, they were home free.

Getting them there was the problem, she began to telepathically speak to the ship. This was a new approach she had just begun to learn on her own, something she never was aware of until helping Sarr with his ship a couple of weeks ago.

Jacali concentrated and felt herself almost becoming part of the ship and it's vast circuitry as she began to search for the problem with the landing gear.

Shade Magus
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:45:21 AM
While Jacali began working on the ship, he sat down in the co-pilot's chair and tried working on her brace. He really couldn't repair it to standard, but he would be able to jirry rig it for now.

Shade reached over and took a small took kit and got a form of a screwdriver and smal hammer to take out some of the dents nd unecessary screws to loosen it up and let it move for now. With that done he set to work oiling up the frame and removing any parts that would cause more harm than help for now.

After about an hour he finished putting the last screw back in place and wiped his hands on the front of his pants.

"Well I think this should do for now, but I'm not completely sure. How's the ship coming along?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:20:14 PM
Jacail looked at her finished brace and smiled. "Hey, that looks great, Shade."

She looked at the computer terminal. "Well, I traced the wiring back to the central caplet terminal. I believe that is where the problem is, but it's a pretty quick fix I can just splice a new link."

Shade Magus
Oct 5th, 2004, 01:10:39 PM
"Thanks," he said as she complimented on her brace.

"So is there anything I can do to help out with the new link? Or is this a job better suited for someone who actually knows what they are doing?" He asked with a smile, so as to know he was joking.

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:24:17 PM
A smile appeared on her face to his suggestion. "Well...I think, you could use a rest after the great job on the brace and especially after handling that swamp monster the way you did, my dear friend."

Shade Magus
Oct 9th, 2004, 03:43:01 AM
Shade put on arm around her. "I think I'd much rather enjoy your company."

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 9th, 2004, 08:29:50 PM
Jacali blushed and looked at him. "You know I'd enjoy that too."

She paused for a moment. "I've never been in a real relationship before, Shade and the one I had begun a while back, I got hurt."

She shook her head. "Before it ever really began, so...I guess what I'm trying to say is...I don't want to mess this one up."

Shade Magus
Oct 9th, 2004, 08:38:46 PM
Shade smiled knowingly. "I understand. My run with relationships hasn't been really good either. I mean with Xazor, that was a train wreck and then the only other one I had was ended because of me being a Jedi."

He shook his head and sighed. "But maybe that was the will of the Force or life itself. I don't know. What I mean is that no one wants to mess a relationship up, but sometimes it can't be avoided. We can only try and hope for the best."

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:28:51 PM
Jacali touched his hand gently. "I'm glad you understand and I'm glad you understand me and who I am...a grease monkey." She laughed slightly.

"Though, even so I can dress up to the hilt and be as fancy as a princess when I need to be and I have the mannerism as well. Mama taught me well, even as a servant. She always instructed the rules of ettique, even though I never thought I'd need it. But, a couple times as a Jedi and being a step behind Master Dasquian, I'm glad I did."

Shade Magus
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:37:08 PM
Shade smiled. "Honestly I'd have to say I like you better as a grease monkey because its always a wonder at how much more beautiful you become when you clean up. It's like Christmas."

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:50:40 PM
Jacali blushed again. "Ya know, I never thought my life would be so fullfilling after my accident. For longest time, I didn't know what my options were or if I even had any. But, then things started happening and I met you. It was like there was something there from the beginning, but I didn't feel like I had the right to act on it."

"I don't think you realize just how much you've done to my life, Shade. You helped enable confidence, when I had none and helped me look past this brace for what was really there. You're like my rock..." She trailed off and smiled shyly.

"I shall never forget what you've done for me, ever."

Shade Magus
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:56:04 PM
"Jacali, I didn't do any of that. You did it all, and I just helped a little. You have an extraordinary amount of potential inside of you that is waiting to be released and when you need help I'll be there, no matter what the conditions."

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 9th, 2004, 10:16:30 PM
"But, you helped bring it out of me, all that I've accomplished so far. But, I still have one thing I want to accomplish one day and I hope you'll be around to see it."

She looked at her newly fixed brace. "I want to see the day when I don't need this anymore. I keep seeing myself there and I'm not sure how to get to it. Hayden doesn't see anything else that will help me, he claims the damage between my spinal injury and crushing my knee was too vast. But, if I can walk with the brace now, who's to say in five to ten years, I won't need too?"

Shade Magus
Oct 9th, 2004, 10:27:55 PM
"There's nothing saying it won't happen. That's the great thing about being a Jedi. Nothing is impossible."

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 10th, 2004, 07:08:35 AM
"That is true and I shall never give up hope on it." She told him with a smile.

"But, I suppose I really need to get working getting us out of here. But, first thing is first." Jacali looked down at the brace and grunted as she got it on.

It hurt her knee as she reajusted it, but soon the actual pain simmered down to an ache.

"That's better." The Padawan said and blew out a sigh. "Now, I can get to the central caplet terminal and splice the link. That should take care of the landing gear, then on to the hyperdrive."

With the help of her new makeshift cane, she carefully stood. "You are more than welcome to come along." She offered with a smile.

Shade Magus
Oct 10th, 2004, 09:13:15 PM
He got up and smiled. "I would love to. It'll give me a chance to learn something new."

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 11th, 2004, 09:11:51 PM
"Great." It was nice to know that he would be interested in learning from her.

She walked carefully and tried her hardest not to show she was in as much pain as she was in.

She grit her teeth and opened a small hatchway that led to the underlevel componant compartment.

The ladder that led down to it, wasn't really very big. With a deep sigh, she leaned against the bulkhead. Going down there was going to really hurt, but what else could she do?

Jacali had to think.

Shade Magus
Oct 11th, 2004, 09:19:05 PM
Shade saw Jacali look down and knew what she was thinking.

"Well my teleninesis isn't my strongest point, but if i go down first I should be able to help you down if you want," he suggested.

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 12th, 2004, 04:16:12 AM
"Well, I had another idea. I saw some headsets in the cockpit, if you go down there I can talk you through it." She told him gently.

He may be overwhelmed by the array of wires and electronics of the area, but she knew he could do it.

"I have faith in you, Shade. I know, you can do it."

Shade Magus
Oct 13th, 2004, 12:40:23 PM
"Um...uhh ok...sure why not. Let me go get those headsets."

He went bacck to the cockpit and returned a few moments later with two sets of head sets and handed Jacali one set while putting the other on.

"Well wish me luck," he said as he began his desent down the ladder.

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 13th, 2004, 08:39:35 PM
Jacali adjusted her head set and switched it on. "Okay, are we on the right frequency here?"

Shade Magus
Oct 18th, 2004, 04:30:02 PM
Shade clicked over just in time to hear "right frequency here?"

"Yeah. Now I just need to know where to go and how to get there," he said as he pulled a small glow rod from one of his side pouches.

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 23rd, 2004, 08:08:50 PM
Jacali closed her eyes and drew herself within the Force. A mental picture of the entire area appeared in her mind.

"Go down the small walkway about ten paces, Shade. On you left will be a red electrical box--that is the central caplet terminal. Attached to it on the left is the main power booster, pull the lever down in the off position. Then, go ahead and open up the terminal. I'm sure you're going to find a charred mess."

Shade Magus
Oct 26th, 2004, 08:23:31 PM
Shade went through the steps Jacali relayed to him, but when he opened the box, a charred mess was the understatement of the century. It looked more like a molten pit cooled than a electrical box.

"Ok..I think I got it, but it's hard to tell what is what."

imported_Jacali Danner
Oct 26th, 2004, 09:00:25 PM
"Okay, here's what we're going to have to do, I'm going to be your eyes and you're going to be my hands. You're going to have to open up to me and let me in through the Force. Can you do that?"

Shade Magus
Oct 28th, 2004, 09:09:27 PM
Shade took a deep breath and let it out, opening himself up to the Force. He knew of the type of meld that Jacali was talking about though he had never done it before.

"Ok I'm about as ready as I think I'll ever be."

imported_Jacali Danner
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:39:41 PM
"Okay, just relax, Shade and try not to fight me." She told him softly as she closed her eyes and called upon the Force.

The bond she shared with Shade through the Force was strong, making the connection easier than she had thought. She felt Shade's Force shields go down and allow her entrance into his very being. It was almost as if the two of them shared the same body.

There were doors to his memories and thought processes, but Jacali didn't mess with anything...she needed his sight.

Jacali opened her eyes and for a split second, she saw the room she was in and then suddenly it was as if she were standing before the Central Caplet Terminal, but she was a little taller than normal.

"Wow, so this is what it's like to be tall." She commented with a smile.

Shade Magus
Nov 10th, 2004, 07:48:17 PM
He cocked a smile.

"I ain't that tall," he said. It felt wierd sharing his body with someone. He wasn't used to it and he was having a hard time trying to keep it.

imported_Jacali Danner
Nov 10th, 2004, 08:53:49 PM
"Well, let's get this caplet fixed." She looked at the charred mess. "Geesh, what a disaster."

With a light sigh, Jacali moved to the right and found a small, nearly concealed door and opened it. Inside was a small toolbox and extra parts, just as she'd hoped.

Shade Magus
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:36:49 AM
Shade cracked a slight smile.

"Looks like something is finally going our way for a change. Well let's get cracking."

imported_Jacali Danner
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:34:22 PM
"It's about time." She remarked with a grin.

Jacali grabbed the extra parts and found some wire cutters. She slowly...even slower than normal, trying to work around the fact that Shade's hands were much larger than her own. Now, that was a really strange feeling.

They plugged along, working diligently stripping wires and cleaning out the mess.

Shade Magus
Nov 14th, 2004, 07:25:13 PM
Shade went to wipe his brow after a few hours of working and met a little resistance. He had forgotten that he was conected with Jacali for a moment because it all felt so natural. He spoke to her through the headset. "So, how much longer do you think it wil be?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Nov 14th, 2004, 08:13:31 PM
"Not much longer, get this last wire and it looks pretty good." She answered as finished up the work about fifteen minutes later.

'Okay, let's try her out." Jacali said as she blew out the burnt up little pieces and closed up the caplet terminal.

"Well, here goes nothing. Let's see if our work paid off." She threw the switch to the on position.

It came to life with a low buzz. "Yes!! It worked!!"

Shade Magus
Nov 14th, 2004, 08:45:50 PM
"Great...so does this mean t is ok to come upstairs, or you want me to stay down here until everything checks out?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:56:14 PM
"No, you can come on up. Everything should be just fine. Boy, do we make a good team." Jacali closed her eyes and released herself from Shade's mind.

Immediately, she felt the overwhelming exhaustion from the bonding.

She blew out a sigh and leaned back against the wall. Part of her felt like she'd just been beaten, while the other part felt elated still from the experience.