PDA

View Full Version : no more bears

Live Wire
Jun 29th, 2004, 07:21:56 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5233939/

Bad Aussies!!! :mad

Poor Koala's! They're too cute to become exinct!

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 29th, 2004, 07:52:36 PM
What a crock of crap that article was in the main.

1) Koalas are in fact coming back in populated areas. Much to the surprise of scientists, a viable Koala population has sprung up in the state forests right in the heart of Sydney itself and is growing rapidly.

2) There is along the seaboard, about 2500 km's of either national park (1 million hectares just to the west of me in fact) or otherwise useless gullys and mountains were the koala is regainign ground after a rather nasty disease wiped out a good deal of the population.

As per usual, the truth is in between hard core loony tree huggers and the farmers wiht chainsaws. I'd say it's more likely the dimwits who run the country are going to kill the humans first when the water runs out.

imported_Eve
Jun 29th, 2004, 07:58:22 PM
Yeah...

Koala killers!

Crystal
Jun 29th, 2004, 08:02:41 PM
I remember there used to be these snacks called Koala Yummies, they were little koala bear shells filled with chocolate.. and they came in this awsome box.

I loved those things.

Shade Magus
Jun 29th, 2004, 08:04:10 PM
Originally posted by Crystal
I remember there used to be these snacks called Koala Yummies, they were little koala bear shells filled with chocolate.. and they came in this awsome box.

I loved those things.

Me thinking this not right thread to put that in...

Garret Treborn
Jun 29th, 2004, 08:08:08 PM
Damn...Koala Bears are awesome. I saw one on Animal Planet eating a popsicle.

imported_Eve
Jun 29th, 2004, 08:13:55 PM
I watch animal planet alot (I love Jeff Corwin). If they show koala bears I am hooked all day. They have shark week every so often, and it seems like it's always croc time, but they should have koala week. They're so interesting to watch.

Shade Magus
Jun 29th, 2004, 08:14:07 PM
Originally posted by Garret Trebor

of all the things you could say...my padawans.....much they have to learn
:headache

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 29th, 2004, 08:16:39 PM
Originally posted by Garret Trebor

Give one a hug. You;ll change your tune fast enough. After it tears your arm off with it's claws.

Garret Treborn
Jun 29th, 2004, 08:26:34 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar
Give one a hug. You;ll change your tune fast enough. After it tears your arm off with it's claws.

Never said they were friendly. Just that they are cool to watch.

imported_Eve
Jun 29th, 2004, 08:31:10 PM
All animals are awesome (except cats). They all pretty much bite, don't they? Doesn't mean our tune changes to the extinction theme.

Stig
Jun 29th, 2004, 09:32:19 PM
And just what have you got against us felines? Now be quiet human and give me your lap to curl up on and sleep.

Charley
Jun 29th, 2004, 09:58:34 PM
While the koala population has declined recently, the dropbear population has been increasing at a disturbing rate.

Droo
Jun 29th, 2004, 10:39:05 PM

Well, I've hugged one in your native land and cradled it in my arms, ever since koalas have been my favourite animals. I always thought they were too high on eucalyptis to claw your arm off. :lol

Live Wire
Jun 29th, 2004, 10:42:48 PM
Originally posted by Crystal

I loved those things.

You can still get them btw at asian markets. They are just called something different and they still taste as good as the american version.

And I've pet a koala before and it seemed quite friendly! Evil koala killers!

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 29th, 2004, 11:47:41 PM
Koala steak aint bad, you know. Either is Kangaroo

Live Wire
Jun 29th, 2004, 11:54:50 PM
ewwwwwwwwwww

X_X

Charley
Jun 30th, 2004, 12:05:44 AM
I'd eat Koala and/or Kangaroo. Sounds awesome.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 30th, 2004, 12:06:24 AM
Originally posted by Live Wire
ewwwwwwwwwww

X_X

I was actually being serious. Kangaroo is wonderful to eat. Koala, while tougher, is pretty okay too.

You really have to try some Kangaroo one day.

Live Wire
Jun 30th, 2004, 12:21:29 AM
I know you were being serious. But I have rule. I don't eat anything I deem cute and furry (with the exception of cow) or anything that I once knew personally.

Droo
Jun 30th, 2004, 12:26:20 AM
I enjoyed crocodile and kangaroo meat in either Kuranda or the Blue Mountains, can't remember but there was a rain forest involved.

Slayn Cloak
Jun 30th, 2004, 12:32:12 AM
Koala yummies are the best...

:: goes to asian market up the street.::

Charley
Jun 30th, 2004, 12:49:39 AM
I know you were being serious. But I have rule. I don't eat anything I deem cute and furry (with the exception of cow) or anything that I once knew personally.

This rule is stupid. Rabbit is delicious.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 30th, 2004, 12:55:44 AM

I wont eat dog or cat. Other than that, serve it up!

Charley
Jun 30th, 2004, 01:13:36 AM
I have nothing against chinese or korean cuisine, respectively.

Lady Vader
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:00:01 AM
Originally posted by Eve
All animals are awesome (except cats).

:verymad

:headbash

:mneh

Figrin D'an
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:22:39 AM
Kangaroo is wonderful to eat. ...

You really have to try some Kangaroo one day.

I'm assuming it has a pretty low fat content, kind of like Deer, Elk, etc?

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 30th, 2004, 03:15:44 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
I'm assuming it has a pretty low fat content, kind of like Deer, Elk, etc?

Yeah, it does. In many ways, it's a healthier meal than steak.

Crystal
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:11:44 PM
Other than cats or dogs,, I would probaly be up for eating any animal. As long as I didn't see it before it was cut up (alive/dead). I prefer to think of my meat like I think of bread. Just as some kind of food that got made somehow. Not that I'm eating an animal corpse.

I have had rabbit before I knew what it was, and it was good, and I'd eat it again. I probaly wouldn't have if my dad had told me before hand, which is why he didn't I'm sure.

I got a sample of crocodile/gator(dont know?) meat once and it just tasted nasty, like fish. People have told me it was probaly because they made it in grease they also made fish in. I'd be up for trying it again.

Also, Deer meat is really good. ^_^

You can still get them btw at asian markets. They are just called something different and they still taste as good as the american version.

Really? Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to run to our asian market today and get some of them. :D

Live Wire
Jul 1st, 2004, 03:32:01 AM
Originally posted by Charley
This rule is stupid. Rabbit is delicious.

I don't eat rabbit. It falls under the cute and furry rule. Also I have had rabbits as pets and they are too adorable to eat!!!!

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2004, 04:48:48 AM
I don't eat rabbit. It falls under the cute and furry rule. Also I have had rabbits as pets and they are too adorable to eat!!!!

Rabbits are a total pest. The more served up on a plate, the better off the country here is.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:03:55 AM

My opinion is, if its something you keep in a cage because it otherwise would have nothing to do with you and run away at the first opportunity, it is not a pet.

This rule excludes cooler pets like hermit crabs and turtles that can't really run away from you.

Rabbits are a total pest. The more served up on a plate, the better off the country here is.

Coming from proud farming stock on my mother's side, I couldn't agree more.

Also, putting my vote down for hickory-smoked venison jerky as one of the greatest food products known to man.

Crystal
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:10:44 AM
Originally posted by Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
My opinion is, if its something you keep in a cage because it otherwise would have nothing to do with you and run away at the first opportunity, it is not a pet.

This rule excludes cooler pets like hermit crabs and turtles that can't really run away from you.

Oh but they would if they could :D

How about snakes? Snakes would run away. :| Heck, even one of my cats would run outside everytime I open the door if I let her. (but she'll come back)

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:13:49 AM
Snakes don't so much run away as much as they just hide somewhere. Besides, if your pet eats smaller animals in a totally awesome manner, then it automatically overrides this rule as well.

Not that I wouldn't eat snake, mind you, but I enjoy feeding them all the same.

Space Pirates
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:38:13 PM
now snake meat isn't bad.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:41:27 PM
Where have you found snake meat? I really want to try some.

Shade Magus
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:51:08 PM
Originally posted by Sejah Haversh

I used to go catch mine.

Charley
Jul 1st, 2004, 02:08:46 PM
Originally posted by Sejah Haversh

There are some festivals in Texas where they have rattlesnake roundups and kill a whole mess of em.

Crystal
Jul 1st, 2004, 09:24:56 PM
My dad says snake is pretty good. He also says he'll eat mine once it gets big enough.

I'd try it, aonce again, as long as I didn't see it dead. (and it wasn't my poor little sonic plinko :()

Lain Esuna
Jul 1st, 2004, 09:34:14 PM
I've never had rabit, but have eaten almost everythign els that was mentioned. Crystal the koala yummies are in the same box! ... I alredy consumed them all though. :cry