PDA

View Full Version : First day as a Jedi (wide open)

Trunks Alvein
Jun 29th, 2004, 01:40:30 PM
Having just completed his meeting with The Jedi Council, and being accepted as a Jedi Initiate, Trunks was told to explore the grounds of his new home. He left his room, dressed in new Jedi robes, and headed down the hallway. The robes were the nicest thing he had ever owned. Having no parents to help him in life Trunks could never afford anything new, or clean for the most part.

Being surrounded by people he diddent know wasn't anything new, having lived on Coruscant most his life, he was use to a diverse population of strangers. Though strangers or not the atmosphere within the Temple was warm and welcoming. Trunks' only real Jedi interaction so far had been with the members of the Council, and the Jedi who brought him to the attention of the Council, Dasquian Belargic. Suddenly his thoughts were distracted by sounds of clashing sticks, and the distinct hum of lightsabers. Also Trunks felt intense waves of energy flowing through the area, and he could almost see the Padawans fluid movements.

Walking through a high arch Trunks witnessed a display of fighting skills he had only dreamt about. Two Jedi, one of either Knight or Master status, and a Padawan, were having a hand-to-hand battle. Kicks and punches flew back and forth almost faster than could be tracked by Trunks' untrained eye, yet he could feel every block and knew where and when they should come. The older Jedi executed a back flip followed by a heavy thrusting kick to the Padawans abdomen, causing him to stagger back a few steps before dropping to his knees. Trunks could tell that any normal mans entire digestive system would have been reduced to a fine mush, nothing short of an immediate bacta bath would have saved him. The battle being over, the two Jedi showed each others respect before the Padawan sat down, recessing into a healing meditation.

Trunks felt a strong Jedi mind reaching out with his feelings, he was surprised when he felt this probing focusing on him. Only slightly ignoring this fact, Trunks picked up a practice lightsaber from a rack near him. Holding it in front of his body angled slightly forward, he felt himself being guided in a swinging motion. "Try to keep a fluid movement from side to side, feel the motion come from within." he could hear a voice inside his head guiding him. Almost before he could react he saw, or felt, another swinging their own practice saber at him. Swiftly spinning around on his heel, he planted his feet and instinctively blocked the blow. The sticks made a loud crack, the strength of the others attack causing Trunks to loose his footing. Not wanting to lose face in front of a Jedi so soon, he jumped allowing his backward motion to flow into a back-hand spring most convincingly.

(If anyone would like to take over now feel free.)

Kyle Krogen
Jun 29th, 2004, 10:24:06 PM
Kyle smiled, He had a feeling the new Jedi would block his attack. He stood up strait and let his hand and his practice sabre hang at his side. He was wearing his Jedi robes aswell. Kyle was tall for a fifteen year old, he stood at five feet eleven inches

"That was some quick reflexes" He extened his free hand "Names Kyle Krogen, Jedi Padawan to Wei Wu Wei."

Trunks Alvein
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:20:56 PM
Trunks took a moment to regain his composure. Kyle was much taller than him, and would have been intimidating if his smile hadn't conveyed such warmth. Trunks wasn't exactly sure how to act around a higher ranking Jedi than himself. Lowering his own saber, Trunks extended his hand to meet Kyle's.

"Thank you Padawan Krogen." Trunks said with as convincing a smile he could gather. The name diddent strike Trunks' memory, but his master's did.

"You say your master is Wei Wu Wei?" he said raising an eyebrow. "I had the pleasure of meeting him during my audience with The Jedi Council, I could sense he has a very strong presence in the force." Trunks could feel Wei's aura even now, he was still in the council room. "Under such a master you'll be a fine Jedi Knight."

Kyle Krogen
Jul 5th, 2004, 09:56:04 PM
Kyle shook his hand "Thank you. and might I have your name?"

Trunks Alvein
Jul 5th, 2004, 10:16:13 PM
"My name? Trunks Alvein, Jedi initiate." he said with a smile.

"Pleased to meet you."

Kyle Krogen
Jul 5th, 2004, 10:30:06 PM
"So what brings you to the academy today Trunks?"

Trunks Alvein
Jul 5th, 2004, 10:35:31 PM
"Actually I was hoping to learn something, anything really." Trunks said, looking around.

"Without a master its kind of hard to advance yourself."

Kyle Krogen
Jul 5th, 2004, 10:44:32 PM
"Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. I spent a long time without a master, but I didn't let that get me down, I spent all my free time training with other padawans and increasing the skills that I knew."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 10th, 2004, 12:10:36 AM
"I've had a few practice battles with other Padawans, but I've yet to learn anything new about the force." Trunks said thinking back to a few of his spars.

"I hope to learn how to control my powers soon, they tend to get out of control sometimes."

Andúril
Jul 12th, 2004, 09:48:06 AM
While looking for a sparring partner, Andúril noticed the young initiate he had met earlier, Trunks. However, seeing that he was occupied with another padawan, he did not want to intrude. He looked around wondering if there was anyone else to train with.

Trunks Alvein
Jul 12th, 2004, 12:56:52 PM
Trunks felt a presence wash slowly over his mind, a familiar being he had come to respect and hold in high honor in his mind. He began to look around, seeking his friend in the force. After a moment he spotted the one he had met recently in the garden, and waved to him.

"Lord Andúril! Over here!" he shouted, hoping to get his new friends attention.

Andúril
Jul 12th, 2004, 01:05:35 PM
Andúril scanned the room around him, then heard trunks voice. He looked, and then turned to him. He walked up to the young initate and bowed slightly to him.

"I don't want to intrude, if you two wish to spar. It's just, it's been a long time since I trained with a partner. But if you're busy i'd be happy to come back later."

He smiled lightly to Trunks.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:02:00 AM
Kyle looked over at the guy who had just walked in "We arn't sparring at the moments so come over" He said with a bright smile.

Andúril
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:06:20 AM
Andúril bowed slightly to the padawan.

"I don't believe we have met before. My name is Andúril. I am the padawan learner to Master Navaria."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:20:08 AM
Unsheathing his sword, Trunks swung it in a full circle and rested it on his shoulder.

"Looks like I'm the only one here without a master. Doesn't seem fair to me" he said with a cocky smile.

"But I feel confident taking you both on."

Andúril
Jul 13th, 2004, 10:12:55 AM
Andúril smiled a little at Trunks.

"I have some proficiency with swords, but I prefer to spar with lightsabres. You might want to learn with them if you wish to become a jedi my friend."

Andruil removed his cloak and threw it aside, revealing his two lightsabres. He picked up them both and retracted the one in his left hand. It was a bright orange colour with little flecks of yellow. It was piercing like the sun.

"This is Anar," he said. "It was left me by my father; one of the only things I have to remember him."

Then he retracted his second blade in his right hand. As it slowly showed itself, the beam was piercingly light, like the white of the brightest star. But it was somehow different. As it shone there came from within some sort of inner darkness that one could not place. That darkness rushed about the light like a wind.

"This is Isil," he proclaimed, almost in a whisper. "Its strange consistancy and colour are due to its crystal, which is made of Octirion, a native stone, known only to the palnet of Trillian, my old home." He paused for a few seconds.

"This was the only other thing my father left me."

He made a few movements through the air with both sabres at once. I fight with two blades, he said, smiling a little.

Trunks Alvein
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:50:34 PM
"Well I'd love a lightsaber of my own, but I've yet to construct one." Trunks said, looking over the sword in his hand. He flipped a switch on the handle and the blade began to glow a pale blue.

"So for now I'll have to use this, the shield generator will keep your lightsabers from melting it in half...hopefully." He lowered his weapon to a slightly defensive position, observing the other two Jedi intently.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 13th, 2004, 11:27:40 PM
Kyle returned his bow "I'm Kyle Krogen" He said with a smile. He then listened as Anduril talked about his lightsabres, when trunks activated the shield on his sword Kyle chuckled "You got guts Trunks, to want to take on two jedi both armed with sabres"

He stretched out his hand and his lightsabre floated off his belt and into his hand with the aid of the force. He activated it and its purple beam shot out, He held the sabre hilt on both hands as he waited for Trunks to make the first move.

Andúril
Jul 14th, 2004, 01:01:38 AM
Anduril bowed slightly, and waited for Trunks to move, staying in the defensive position.

Trunks Alvein
Jul 25th, 2004, 12:32:27 PM
"Seems it's all on me then." Trunks said, assessing his situation. He knew it would take all he had to defend against the two, much less defeat them. Looking at Anduril, an idea struck him like a blaster bolt.

Trunks unsheathed his sword and proceeded to press a button on the hilt. With a click, and a subtile puff of steam, the sword split into two even halves. Now he could use them separately for speed, or hold join them back to one for stronger attacks. After a moment the familiar blue hue returned to the blades, signifying the shield generators had powered up.

"Ok, lets get this little party started." He said and held one blade above his head pointed forward, and the other in front angled slightly.

"Anduril may have two blades, but the Krogen boy is far more skilled." His darker self spoke truthfully. "Remember, my help is always here, just reach for it."

Without giving a second thought to the comment, Trunks dashed straight for Anduril, side-stepping Kyle in the process. His first blow came hard as he brought both blades together, but still meeting his opponents sabers. They were crossed in a defensive position to parry him. They traded blows for a moment, brilliant flashes of light and sparks flying as the many blades met. Sensing Kyle coming from behind, he spun to meet his blade. Trunks Blocked Kyle's first attack, and spun once more to block another from Anduril.

Not wanting to stay caught in a pincer attack, Trunks dove aside as his opponents both swung for him at once. They're blades clashed, and sent them stumbling a bit. He rose and assumed a defensive stance, weapons at the ready.

Andúril
Jul 25th, 2004, 03:08:32 PM
Andúril checked slightly, jhe felt the emotions well up inside his opponant. But it didn't sound like Trunks, it was something else; similar, but somehow different.

This caught him off guard, and he only just managed to parry the shots from his opponants blades. He was out of practise he knew.
After the pause from the initial flurrey, he looked into Trunks' eyes.

"Who was that?"

Kyle Krogen
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:25:34 PM
Kyle had been playing it easy but now seeing that Trunks was much more skill then he had thought. "Move around to his left and I'll go around his right" Came His voice in Anduril's head

He moved off the right of Trunks with his sabre held infront of him and ready to defend against attack.

Andúril
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:03:59 AM
Andúril nodded, but waited for Trunk's answer before he moved.

Trunks Alvein
Jul 28th, 2004, 08:45:02 AM
Anduril's question had confused Trunks a bit. Had his darkside taken over without him knowing?

"I become a bit intense during a fight is all." he assured Anduril.

"They're planing to surround you again, act quickly." his dark voice spoke.

Rather than second guess the accusation, Trunks took action. Flipping sideways to find himself behind Kyle, Trunks shoved him hard into Anduril.

Andúril
Jul 28th, 2004, 09:52:33 AM
Andúril felt the voice again, and side-front flipped, using his right hand for balance over Kyle and towards Trunks. Before even landing he used his left sabre, samshing it down with all his strength and body weight on the left blade of Trunks. He knew the boy would not be able to take that from a nearly fully grown man. Andúril hoped Trunks would drop his blade, he did not want to break the boys arm.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 25th, 2004, 03:28:04 PM
Kyle moved in behind Anduril and was ready to help him if needed.