PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Volunteers...

spada
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:56:42 AM
Hey, I was thinking of creating a thread for some time now, and I think it is a good oppurtunity for some Jedi to get experience. This is how it goes down;

The mission will take place on a planet (created by me) known as Koran. heres a description of it;

Koran is a lush forest planet still in its earlier stages of development. The wild, unhindered forests are home to thousands of new, undiscovered species evolved for the planet's conditions. They are divided into 2 continents and are separated by a large, warm ocean. The sea floor is abundant with volcanic activity, resulting in a warmer temperature of about 90* average. The land is mostly forests with little or no underbrush, due to the unique ability of the trees. The tall, fairly narrow trees reach about 500 feet tall and 15 feet wide during their adult years. The special thing about the trees is when they're seeds are released and plant into the ground, they secrete a chamical which kills all plants except for the trees, creating a very empty forest floor with high branches. As the land is closer to the water, however, the land changes to a rocky beach from the volcanic lava hardening on the shore.

The life on Koran has been quickly evolving and the main 2 species are the Narok and the Koranio. The Narok, or "Night Rocks", are large, powerful, and agressive. The live mostly underground in hunting "clans". They are nocturnal and climb the trees at night to attack unsuspecting tree dwelling animals. The Koranio, however, are smaller, quicker, and more solitary. Their intelligence is more advanced then the Norak's, and they are able to create wooden spears and crude homes in the trees. They are known as "Tree Guardians" and fend off the Norak during the night.

I was thinking of creating a thread where some Jedi come to investigate some attacks on groups of Kel Dor researchers who have been studying the planet's evolution for about 20 years. There wont be any people RPing on the other side since there arent really any factions behind the attacks. Any jedi looking for some experience or can't seem to find any threads suited to them, apply here.

Rognan Dar
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:04:22 PM
Question: Is Spade leading this expidition?

Jacen
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:46:12 PM
hehe...he called you spade...

Well I'll join in.

spada
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:47:01 PM
Well yes, Spada will be on the mission and since I'm the one who created the planet ill move things along, but as far as its concerned were all pretty evenly distributed with power.

Rognan Dar
Jun 27th, 2004, 06:46:11 PM
Well I ment more on the line of who would be in charge of the mission.

And If Jacen is going to go along...I think I might as well.

spada
Jul 1st, 2004, 12:39:40 PM
Yes I know what you mean Rog...It's just hard to explain. In a sense, noone will actually be in charge, and noone will be throwing out orders. However, since Spada has lived near this planet for most of his life and knows more, he will be more knowlegeable and I guess that could be seen as having more authority.

spada
Jul 7th, 2004, 12:04:12 PM
A little question; Do I have to post in the Avalon for permission on this mission?

EDIT- no answer...ill take that as a no

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 13th, 2004, 10:44:47 AM
IMO, it would be a good idea to start a thread.

Sorry about the late response - it seems like all of the Council are tied up with RL stuff at the moment. If you'd like a meeting with the Council, member to check out the rules HERE (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35810) for starting a thread.

spada
Jul 18th, 2004, 07:24:44 AM
NP, thanks for the info ill get to it.

spada
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:55:01 PM
Alright I got the permission. Are you two (Rog and Jacen) still in?

Alright... Jacen is in but I still have no answer from Rognan. I'd hate to do it, but if you do not post within a week from now, I'm going to have to move on and bring someone else along. Sorry, man, I just wanna get this thread started.

Rognan Dar
Sep 14th, 2004, 10:56:25 PM
I'm in. Just have to run to catch up but I'll be there. Just show me the thread and I'll see what I can do. :)

Kyle Krogen
Sep 15th, 2004, 10:15:06 PM
If its not too late... I'll go along with this mission, unless you've started it already...

spada
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:47:14 PM
oh, sorry buddy. We were about to start it. Ill keep you informed if i ever have another thread though.

EDIT: Alright Rog and Jacen, heres the thread.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36799

good luck and have fun guys!

Kyle Krogen
Sep 16th, 2004, 07:53:46 PM
oh well, hope ya guys have fun without me :)