PDA

View Full Version : Dark night (open)

Shade Magus
Jun 24th, 2004, 02:33:24 PM
A small breeze swept through the gardens as night came. Most of the flowers were starting to bloom and the grass was getting greener. A squirrel ran across the grass before stopping and looking up.

A green-white lightsaber blade swept across the sky as, Shade landed and ran forward. He leaned forward and rolled on the ground, before coming up and into the air. He completed a backflip before slicing through a small dead branch. He landed, breathing hard.

I've got to get better. I've got to stop using so much energy, the Jedi Knight thought as he stood back up and twirled around in a circle, lashing out at every side. He swung in a low arc, trying his best not to cut the blades of grass.

Rognan Dar
Jun 24th, 2004, 11:16:12 PM
A hum in the air roused Rognan from his napping spot. As he woke up more he listened closer and cold hear the a moving hum from elsewhere in the Garden. It sounded very much like a lightsaber. But why was there a saber on in the garden?

Rubbing the sleep out of his eye's Rog jumped down from his tree and scanned the area. With the lack of proper lighting here it was not hard to find the glowing of the blade as it moved here and there. This was very suspision, someone by themselves, out here, with no apparent reason for it. Moving closer, his curiosity grew. Once he was close enough to see who it was, he looked around for anyone else. There was none. Stepping out, he made himself known, yet did not say anything. Watching the movements that Shade displayed.

Shade Magus
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:48:01 AM
Shade jumped from spot to spot, playing across the ladn like a dancer across the stage. He noticed Rogan standing near. He completed a backflip and deactivated his lightsaber. Smiling, he walked over to him. "Hello Rogan. Congradulations on your promotion."

Rognan Dar
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:14:29 PM
"Goodevening to you too, Shade. And thank-you. It was most unexpected." Rog said, before changing the topic to what was on his mind. "It looks like your practicing. If you dont mind me asking, why are you doing it outhere instead of the training rooms?"

Shade Magus
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:16:20 PM
"Well, actually out here, I believe that it can help a person to learn more presice control over their lightsaber. You see I am very well schooled in the fourth form of lightsaber combat. And as you know it is supposed to be wild and umpredictable, but I am trying to make it unpredictable and precise. My goal was to move around as I would in a combat situation, but I was only trying to hit certain limbs off the tree. Anything else, would have meant that I needed more practice," Shade said as he looked at the ground, and though he tried there were some grass blades cut and a few limbs he didn't mean to cut, cut.

Rognan Dar
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:03:51 PM
Rognan followed Shades gaze downward looking at the same limbs and grass.

"I can see how that could help your style. Being precise is something, I think, would be needed when fighting. Being unpredictable is good, too, but if it leaves you open and your attacks are not solid, it will do you nothing. Though, testing this out on trees is something I wouldn't think of."

Shade Magus
Jun 28th, 2004, 01:32:41 PM
"Yes, I know. I originally thought of using droids, but they can only move in so many patterns. Trees, atleast I can compensate because there are so many. It would give me a chance to generate more patterns than I might use against a droid opponent. A sparring partner would be even better. Woulding you agree?"

Rognan Dar
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:24:48 PM
"Oh, I completely agree. Gives you something more to work with and is a challenge in return. Not to mention it gives the poor trees a break off from getting sliced and diced untill it turns out not so nice. But I'm hinting at you wanting me to be that opponent, am I right?"

Shade Magus
Jun 29th, 2004, 04:26:07 PM
"Oh if you insist," Shade said with a smile. "In all honestly, yes if you wouldn't mind."

Rognan Dar
Jul 1st, 2004, 10:29:09 PM
"Oh, if you really insist so. Can't promise you that I will be much of a fight for you. But I'll give you my all. Just hope noone wonders into out little spar while walking through the garden..."

Shade Magus
Jul 2nd, 2004, 01:03:21 PM
"Yes that would be most unfortunate. Luckily not many people would be up this time of night. Which leads me to ask. What brought you out here?"

Rognan Dar
Jul 3rd, 2004, 11:28:39 PM
"I come out here alot. Its my place to just calm down and let the stress of the days drain away. There isn't many other place that I find so much comfort and peace."

Shade Magus
Jul 4th, 2004, 05:28:48 PM
"Yes that is so true," Shade said nodding slightly. He then held up his glowing green-white blade. "Well...shall we?"

Roj'yor'nuruodo
Jul 5th, 2004, 04:40:58 AM
Jyorn had been watching Shade's fight from a distance. He could see that Shade was a master with a lightsabre, but was not as good as he could be at controlling his energy output.

Jyorn himself was just the opposite. He was good at using the force, but woeful at fighting. The lightsabre at his side was little more than a cutting tool, aside from being the symbol of his Jedi status.

He watched as Shade was joined by another. As the two prepared to fight, Jyorn could feel the Force energy swirling around the two.

Rognan Dar
Jul 5th, 2004, 10:13:29 PM
Rognan removed his outer garment and slung it over a nearby tree branch. In the moonlight, Rog looked like he was glowing. His white jedi robes reflected the light around him, giving him that apearence. He then takes his lightsaber off his belt and holds it in his left hand.

"Ready when you are."

Shade Magus
Jul 6th, 2004, 07:16:12 PM
SHade smiled and closed his eyes. He dropped his blade, slanting it downward, getting ready for an attack. Breathe, Shade. Calm yourself and let the Force guide you, but don't be afraid to move of freewill. Become a living exentsion of the Force. That is your goal.

He opened his eyes again and stepped forward, swinging his green lightsaber to Rogan's left.

Rognan Dar
Jul 7th, 2004, 11:43:43 PM
A flash of blue light mixes with the green as the two lightsabers connect. Rognan gripped his sabre firmly and slanted it to the right, lifts up as he tip goes down, and forced Shade's to continue on to the left. Then attacks with his own saber down to his left.

Shade Magus
Jul 8th, 2004, 01:08:24 AM
OOC: Ok I'm going to respond to this like this because the way it sounds, you're slipping your blade under Shade's if that's wrong then just let me know and I'll edit it, but that's the only thing I can visualize this doing with the wording.

Shade didn't have time to move back or bring his saber around to block. To say the least there was almost nothing he could do, but fortunately he had mastered the fourth form of lightsaber combat, which allowed for for free movements.

He leaned forward and rolled behind Rogan. Unfortunately he was off balance and would have to take an extra second to reoriente himself, but he still held his saber to his side, anticipating an attack.

Rognan Dar
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:38:10 PM
Shade rolled right under his attack and was now behind him. He was still finishing his attack and was not able to make it continue on more then what he intended. He mearly finished the move and stepped forward and turned, readying himself.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:42:56 PM
Shade pulled the Force into him and lept into the air. He twisted his body as he flipped over Rogan and slashed downwards at his fellow Jedi Knight.

Rognan Dar
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:50:46 PM
Rognan went into a dive, going right under Shade before he landed. In his dive he turned off his sabre and went into a hand spring. But instead of pushing off he planted his hands and kicked out at the back of Shade's knees.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:59:28 PM
Shade caught Rogan's feet just below his knees and was pushed off balance. He was able to twist to land on his side instead of landing face first. He threw his legs into the air and twisted them around, using the momentum to bring him to his feet. The only downside was he was facing away from Rogan.

Rognan Dar
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:08:59 PM
Following the kick he used Shade's legs to push him over and complete a roll. A quick look back was enough for Rog to make a decision. He turned around and ran at Shade, activating his sabre and slashing low to the right.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:12:48 PM
Shade could sense more than feel the attack coming. He readied himself as he twisted to his left to bat the blue blade away. It would then open up Rogan for a swift kick to the stomach if it connected.

Rognan Dar
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:18:48 PM
The kick hit him on his left side causing him to stumble backward. He was not use to such pains. What felt to him like a broken rib was just a well placed kick that hurt. Switching the lightsabre between hands, Rog held his side with his right hand.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:21:29 PM
Shade faultered in mid-stride. "Hey are you ok? I didn't mean to kick that hard."

Rognan Dar
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:25:41 PM
Right then a branch from a nearby tree came and slapped the back of Shades head. With the little diversion, Rog leaped into the tree and then again into a few others, using the shadows to hide from the moonlight.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:27:56 PM
"Hey! What the?" Shade said reaching up to rub the back of his head. So he want's to play that way huh?

Shade lept up into a nearby tree himself, deactivating his lightsaber to hide himself. He leapt from tree to tree, following the sounds he thought Rogan was making.

Rognan Dar
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:33:03 PM
Rognan also had deactivated his sabre. In some places the trees were right next to eachother. In others, there was a great distance to cross to the next one. When he came to one that had a bigger gap he stopped and watched behind him, looking to see if Shadea was following. He was going to make the branch under him move every which way if he was.

Shade Magus
Jul 9th, 2004, 11:37:12 PM
Fortunately Shade was on the other side, but unaware of where Rogan was and now that he had stopped moving he couldn't find him anywhere. He reached out tentively with the Force, not wanting to give himself away, but wanting to locate Rogan. Now was one time he wished he had practiced telekinetics more often.

Rognan Dar
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:43:11 PM
Rognan waited longer then he needed and yet there still was no one directly behind him. This little spar was turning into a game of hide and seek. There was no movement anyway, not even a breeze to shake the leafs. It was a dead silence, too. If either on of them made any sound this spar would get moving again.

Through all his searching Rog found nothing. Even the shadows were playing tricks on his eye's. Your eyes can decive you, dont trust them. And with that thought in mind he used his second vision, a sight through the Force. Taking in the Force around him he began to feel the his surounding. He then pressed outward in search for Shade.

Shade Magus
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:59:19 PM
Shade closed his eyes as he felt Rogan through the Force. Where are you? He thought as he took a slight step forward and a twig broke under his foot.

Rognan Dar
Jul 10th, 2004, 10:13:34 PM
Rognan was easily flowing through the garden when a sound came to his ears, breaking his search. It sounded of some twig or branch breaking, most likely under some pressure. As he tried to pinpoint the direction of the sound, he once again used the Force in a more direct manner and then felt the pressence of his fellow Knight. He was not to far away. In a tree as he was, also searching for him. It was going to be hard to get to him without being seen or heard.

As quietly as he could, Rog slipped down the tree untill he came to the base. Running across the grass would make to much noise, he thought to himself. Peaking around the bulking trunk of the tree, Rog spotted the one that Shade was in. He then stretched out his hand toward it and consintrated on his practices. Rognan then went flying through the air, completely stretched out, heading for the base of Shades tree.

Shade Magus
Jul 10th, 2004, 10:17:35 PM
Shade looked around. He thought he had heard something like a breeze, but could not see anything. He reached out again and this time felt Rogan coming close and fast. But from where, he thought as he gripped his lightsaber's hilt, readying himself to attack.

Rognan Dar
Jul 10th, 2004, 10:34:59 PM
Rognan connected with the tree, first with his hand, then with his feet. As he feet touched base on the tree he pushed off them and sent himself strait up activating his saber and slashed at Shade as he continued to move to the top of the tree.

Shade Magus
Jul 12th, 2004, 01:41:05 PM
Shade saw the flash of blue and jumped down to meet it, with his green lightsaber blade flashing to life in his right hand. He reached out his left hand to grab a branch and as he did, the branch stopped his momentum suddenly, causing him to jerk forward. As he swung upright, he lowered his lightsaber blade and cut the branch below him and kicked it down to meet Rogan.

Rognan Dar
Jul 15th, 2004, 11:14:53 PM
In Rognan's flight upwards he saw the green glow of Shade's blade coming down to attack him. But it stopped and in its place a branch came falling down. In a smoth motion Rog sliced the thing in half, making it shot of to thw side causing him no harm. But the stunt threw him off for a direct attack on Shade. Comprimising, he went up to the next branch above Shade, ducked down, looping his legs around the branch, and fell backwards going upside down. In this position he then cut the branch off of the tree that Shade was holding onto.

Shade Magus
Jul 16th, 2004, 03:26:35 PM
Shade yelped in surprise, and instinct told him to reach out of grab something. When he felt though, he only grabbed air. He tumbled backwards and began to fall. He reached out with the Force and senced a limb rushing towards him. He reached out, but his momentum and weight caused it to snap, but luckily it pulled upright so when he landed on his feet, he rolled forward away from the tree.

He brought his green saber up and threw it at the limb Rogan was on. He used what little skills he had to control the direction of the limb.

Rognan Dar
Jul 16th, 2004, 10:08:02 PM
Rognan's little stunt work, to his amazement. He hung upside down, blood rushing to his head, and watched as Shade tumbled and struggled to stop his decent. And as Shade finally came to resting on the ground he watched in horrified amazement as the green blade was flying in his direction, with only the use of the Force to giude it to its target. Rog was in a bad position for doing anything other then what he did. He had to get into a better defensive position.

With nearly a second to react before the blade was staring him in the face. Letting his legs let go of the tree Rog fell face first down to the ground. As he fell, the green saber still coming at him, Rog swings his blade hard to the side, hoping to knock it away from the tree, leaving his path open. With a series of small twists he ends up facing the tree in his fall. Once he clears the many branches, just seconds before hitting the ground, he flipped forward and when coming back to the tree he planted his feet on it and pressed off shooting now forward and down, right at Shade. His goal was to knock him down and give him a chance to get proper footing.

OOC: If didn't understand that last move, PM me and I'll explain.

Shade Magus
Jul 18th, 2004, 12:17:28 AM
OOC: Ok since I'm still a little shakey on this, if I totally jack it up, just let me know.

Shade spun to the right, keeping him clear of Rogan, but it also put him up against a tree. He then rushed forwards, leaping over Rogan only to land in front of him, with his lightsaber slashing diagonally across their right.

Rognan Dar
Jul 18th, 2004, 12:32:06 AM
Rognan's hopeful plan came to a quick end when Shade evaded the mass of Rog's body, having it slam into the ground and slide before he came to a halt. He rolled onto his back and held his stomach, trying to relieve some of the pain that came from the impact. But there was no time to rest and recover. For Shade was already going for him. Looking upside down from the ground to see what it was that Shade was about to do, he looked on as the glowing blade came a across to his head. He sat up quickly and then fell back again - just missing the sabre by inches - for the pain in his chest hurt to much to be sitting up like that.

Shade Magus
Jul 18th, 2004, 12:48:26 AM
Shade was about to come back again, but quickly deactivated, his lightsaber, and dropping next to Rogan. "Hey, are you ok man?"

Rognan Dar
Jul 18th, 2004, 04:36:47 PM
As much as Rog would hate to admit it, he was not going to win this duel and it would be foolish to try. He'd have liked to just brush the pain away and continue to fight, but his skills were used to the fullest, not able to beat that of Shade's.

"Um...I think I'll be fine," he said to Shade. "That landing took me out harder then I thought it would." He just lay on the ground and stared up at the sky, watching the moon be shaded by clouds.

Shade Magus
Jul 18th, 2004, 04:54:20 PM
"I see...well I'm just glad you'll be ok freind." Shade pushed back off his knees and landed on his rear, looking up at the sky. "Nice moon tonight."

Roj'yor'nuruodo
Jul 18th, 2004, 07:02:31 PM
Jyorn approached the two.

"That was amazing," he said, "where did you learn to fight like that?"

Rognan Dar
Jul 18th, 2004, 11:28:44 PM
"Yes, the moon is..." Rog paused as he heard another voice approach. He tilted his head to the side to see who it was. But it was not someone that he recalled meeting before. With a heavy exhail he brought his head back, facing up.

"Fight like that? Heh, that wasn't much fighting as much as just using other objects to combat each other. You should ask Shade, though. He's the real fighter."

Shade Magus
Jul 19th, 2004, 12:15:21 AM
"Really just a lot of practice, but Rogan here is being quite modest. He did very well. Had me on the run from the beginning. I just got lucky."

He looked over to the newcomer for the firt time. "I'm Shade Magus, and thi is my freind Rogan Dar. Please to meet you mister..."

Rognan Dar
Jul 19th, 2004, 12:20:37 AM
Rognan raised one arm up and waved his greeting, not moving or talking as much as he can, still trying to ease his pain.

Roj'yor'nuruodo
Jul 19th, 2004, 07:27:37 PM
"Roj'yor'nuruodo, or Jyorn for short. I haven't ever had any practise at fighting. My first teacher, Valara Saar, was a priestess of the light and preferred me to use the force for meditation and telekenisis rather than fighting."