PDA

View Full Version : Back home (open)

Kathrine
Jun 24th, 2004, 01:56:41 PM
Kate walked through the streets of Coruscant, smiling to herself. Finally she was back home. True it was much different from the way she remembered it, but she had been looking through the eyes of a child then. Now she was a woman and saw thing differently. She passed by clubs and bars, not giving them a second glance. She would have plenty of time for that later. For now, she wanted to get her bearing straight.

Garret Treborn
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:02:26 PM
Garret made his way through the streets of Coruscant at a steady pace. It seemed there were no smuggling jobs to be found on the energetic planet that was Coruscant. He had visited numerous bars and pubs to no avail. The smuggler was no more near finding work then he had been at the start of the day. He was about ready to go and spend the rest of the day inside one of the many bars on Coruscant. The frustration that Garret felt on the inside was mirrored on his face.

Kathrine
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:07:21 PM
She was walking down a sidewalk, glancing up at the lights when she bumped into some guy. He didn't look like he was in a good mood, but that didn't justify him almost knocking her over.

"Hey jerk! Why not watch where you are going!"

Garret Treborn
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:17:53 PM
The surprise on the smuggler's face was replaced immediatly by a frown after the young woman finished speaking. True, he should have been less preoccupied on his thoughts and more on where he was walking, but did that justify her being so rude?

"Sorry about that," he said in a would-be polite voice.

Kathrine
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:24:47 PM
"Yeah well next time be more careful. I almost fell into a puddle and it would have ruined these pants. Do you know how much these things cost?" Kate demanded.

Garret Treborn
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:30:58 PM
"More then the ammount of credits I have to my name."

Kathrine
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:33:43 PM
"You got that right! So next time you'd better watch out, cause I won't be so nice."

The nerve of these people. Had things people changed that much to have allowed such rude people on her world?

Garret Treborn
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:35:29 PM
"Not sure I could label your reaction 'nice', sweetie."

Kathrine
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:38:52 PM
Kathrine's eyes flashed.

"Are you telling me this isn't nice?! You trying to say I don't have any manners? Fine then! Put em up!"

Kathrine took a step back and took her jacket off. She tossed it over on a bench, careful not to get it in any water. The young girl then balled her fists and put them up.

"Come on, I said put em up!"

Garret Treborn
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:44:23 PM
Garret was taken aback to say the least. Did this girl really intend to fight? He had no intentions of getting into an all out brawl with a young woman, even if she possessed no manners. The smuggler walked over to the bench she had thrown her jacket on and, after picking it up, tossed it back to her.

"Not today, sweetheart."

Kathrine
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:46:38 PM
Kathrine caught her jacket and brought it to her side, stomping her foot.

"Where do you think you're going? And who are you calling sweetheart? I've beaten up guys twice your size!"

Garret Treborn
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:52:10 PM
In an annoyed voice Garret responded:

"Yeah? I'll bet those guys didn't have a blaster. I am trying to find a smuggling run that will take me off this planet."

Kathrine
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:53:40 PM
Kathrine walked over, grabbed his hand and flipped him over onto his back.

"I don't think so. You see, you insulted meand you will apologize."

Garret Treborn
Jun 24th, 2004, 05:03:11 PM
Garret scrambled to his feet and backed away from the tempered female. His hand strayed close to his holstered blaster. He hoped he would not have to draw it.

"I don't think I owe you anything because if my memory serves, YOU insulted me first."

Kathrine
Jun 24th, 2004, 05:04:03 PM
"And you bumped into me."

Garret Treborn
Jun 24th, 2004, 05:07:28 PM
"And I apologized."

Kathrine
Jun 24th, 2004, 05:09:04 PM
"Yeah and....." Kate caught herself. She ran the little episode back through her mind.

"Ohh...I guess you did. Well then I'm sorry."

Garret Treborn
Jun 24th, 2004, 05:26:13 PM
Garret recovered quickly from the shock he recieved at the young woman apologizing. The girl throws him on his back and then apoligizes shortly after. What a day... The only thing that could make it any stranger is if he found a smuggling run.

"Ok."

Kathrine
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:13:34 AM
"No I really am. I have like tunnel vision and when I see something and it gets my attention, then that's all I see."

Garret Treborn
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:13:56 AM
Garret nodded his head He felt angry still, but her words felt sincere so he accepted them.

"I believe you. I need to be going now. It would be nice if I could get off this planet by nightfall, but I can't leave until I get a run."

Kathrine
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:05:50 PM
"A run? You are a smuggler?"

Garret Treborn
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:51:05 PM
Garret nodded his head at the youg woman.

"Yes."

Kathrine
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:43:36 PM
"Whoa...I've never really met a smuggler before. What do you sell or ship or whetever it is you smugglers do?"

Garret Treborn
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:48:52 PM
Garret was somewhat annoyed at her apparent ignorance, but he kept it from showing.

"Anything that will put me to work. Spice...weapons...you name it."

Kathrine
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:54:33 PM
She wasn't really interested in spice, but when she heard weapons, her eyes lit up. "Do you have any weapons here now?"

Garret Treborn
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:39:07 PM
"I don't have anything right now. I'm on Coruscant trying to find some work, but it seems I may have to go elsewhere."

Kathrine
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:42:00 PM
"Ohh...where are you headed? I'm going to be going to Corellia soon to try and join the Sith Order."

Garret Treborn
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:16:20 PM
"I might head to the Outer Rim and see if I can find some work there." He paused and thought about what she said about trying to join the Sith. "You want to become a Sith? I don't hear many good things about them."

Kathrine
Jun 27th, 2004, 03:47:12 PM
"Maybe, maybe not but if anyone can help me reclaim my home it would be them."

Garret Treborn
Jun 27th, 2004, 03:58:52 PM
"What about the Jedi? I hear they are far better at solving problems then the Sith."

Kathrine
Jun 27th, 2004, 04:10:58 PM
"Yeah, except for one little problem. The world I want back is," she waved her hand around at their surroundings. "Coruscant."

Garret Treborn
Jun 27th, 2004, 04:19:39 PM
Garret blinked a few times and said nothing. The smuggler decided he had heard enough.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to be on my way."

He turned sharply and continued down the street.

Kathrine
Jun 27th, 2004, 04:26:31 PM
"Wait! Don't go. Would there be any way I could hop a ride with you? I've never flown with a smuggler before."

Garret Treborn
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:12:32 PM
Garret stopped walking but he did not turn back around. He ran his fingers through his black hair and took a breath. Then he froze. Perhaps he could turn this into a profit, the smuggler thought. He turned around to face the young woman.

"I normally don't do charters. But you said you are headed to Corellia. For a price I could get you there. I hope you understand."

Kathrine
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:19:28 PM
Kat stopped short. "Well...umm...how much?"

Garret Treborn
Jun 27th, 2004, 06:29:17 PM
Garret thought for a moment. Best to start high then let the customer whittle it down a bit.

"5,000. All in advance."

Kathrine
Jun 27th, 2004, 06:34:29 PM
$5000! What do I look like a walking credit dispenser?! The young girl thought as she checked to see how many credits she had. Nope not nearly enough.

"Umm...I don't have that much...how about...," she paused. Wait a second. What did my freinds always tell me? You got a body so use it!

"I'll tell you what," she said as she put a hand on his shoulder and startd walking around him, seductively. "How about I make other payments?"

Garret Treborn
Jun 27th, 2004, 06:57:49 PM
Garret's eyebrows raised slightly. His eyes followed the young woman as she circled him. He could feel her soft touch on his shoulder through the fabric of his clothing. He couldn't help but notice the emphasis on the word, payments. Now that he took the time to notice, the young woman was kind of cute. But how old was she?, he asked himself. He was young himself, but she was even younger by the looks of it.

"Since you put it that way, we might be able to come to an arrangement. I must ask though, how old are you? And we will not be able to leave for at least a coupe of days. I still need to try and get a run so I can earn more then just pleasure on my stop here." Garret winked at her.

Kathrine
Jun 28th, 2004, 02:18:10 PM
"How old am I? Just nineteen," she said smiling. It was a lie of course, but she really didn't have a choice here. If he found out she was only seventeen, she might not get that ride afterall.

Garret Treborn
Jun 28th, 2004, 02:30:05 PM
Garret flashed a smile at the young woman. He was twenty-three so it didn't bother him that she was nineteen.

"My ship is located in docking bay 2565 in this sector. When I am ready to leave I will notify you through my comm link. If you don't have a place to stay, you can stay on my ship. I never got your name. Mine is Garret Trebor."

Kathrine
Jun 28th, 2004, 02:35:08 PM
"Just call me Kat. And I got a place to stay. Here is my comlink number for you to call me." Kate handed him a peice of paper from her pocket with a comlink number on it.

Garret Treborn
Jun 28th, 2004, 03:54:24 PM
Garret nodded and took the piece of paper from Kat. It would most likely be a few days before the smuggler was ready to leave.

"Don't forget the docking bay number."

With those final words, Garret smiled and went on his way.