PDA

View Full Version : Aha - Spam

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 24th, 2004, 10:47:33 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5279826/

So glad I don't have an AOL account. :p

ReaperFett
Jun 24th, 2004, 11:01:59 AM
The unnamed spammer admitted to using the AOL e-mail addresses to send e-mail marketing herbal penile enlargement pills.
This news in the same week as the news that a scene had to be cut from a Colin Farrell movie because something was too distracting? Hmm.....

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:43:10 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
This news in the same week as the news that a scene had to be cut from a Colin Farrell movie because something was too distracting? Hmm.....

Screwed up, isn't it? And I use AOHell, too....though there won't be too much of a difference, I get spam every day. (Doesn't everyone?)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:56:31 AM
Originally posted by Kieran Devaneaux
Screwed up, isn't it? And I use AOHell, too....though there won't be too much of a difference, I get spam every day. (Doesn't everyone?)

No. Not a one.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:10:01 AM
How do you NOT get spam??

Darth007
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:58:45 AM
I dont either. I'm popup and spam free woot woot

Dan the Man
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:08:00 AM
There are much better reasons to not use AOL, one being that they will disclose your personal information to the RIAA so they can sue you.

Crystal
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:21:35 PM
^ I bet that cuts down their user list

I'm pretty much spam free.. Yahoo has a "bulk" folder all spam mails go into and it works great. unless I'm expecting an automated mail(it seems to think most of them are spam as well) I just hit "empty" next to it and they're gone. If it wasn't there, I'd have anywhere from 30 - 100 a day.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:29:17 PM
Originally posted by Crystal
Yahoo has a "bulk" folder all spam mails go into and it works great.

So does AOL....trouble is, not everything makes it there.

Cyrel Annat
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:32:53 PM
The only time I have ever been entirely spam free is now with the email client for my own domain. There's a boxtrapper function that pretty much prevents any and all spam from getting through. Before that, no matter which email/ISP provider I used, I got tons of spam. AOL, yahoo, hotmail, mindspring. They all have 'spam-blockers' but they really don't work.

Slayn Cloak
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:40:59 PM
Hmmmm? I don't get spam, or pops... Yaay! I'm finnaly in the marcus club! When do I get my jacket?

Figrin D'an
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:04:29 PM
I don't get spam to my primary email accounts. I do get spam to my Yahoo! account because it's pretty much my garbage account. But the filters they have do a good job of catching just about everything.

Pop-ups... never been a big problem. Don't get them at all.

Knowledge is power when it comes to dealing with both of these annoyances. Learn about them to learn how to defeat them.

Dan the Man
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:04:49 PM
Originally posted by Crystal
^ I bet that cuts down their user list

Well, I don't think my family will be doing business with them after that little fiasco.

Alpha
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:46:06 PM
Originally posted by Slayn Cloak
Hmmmm? I don't get spam, or pops... Yaay! I'm finnaly in the marcus club! When do I get my jacket?

You mean the white jacket with the extra long arms? :)

Slayn Cloak
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:19:52 PM
No, it's kind of a grey really, and it's hand stiched!