PDA

View Full Version : about new recruits

Live Wire
Jun 24th, 2004, 03:41:55 AM
It's just something I've noticed and I don't know if Im the only one who is concerned by it. I read through the two request for entrance tonight (I didn't reply to them however).

I notice a distinct lack of anger or hatred in them. Maybe its just me but I feel like they could just as easily be apply to a jedi organization or an imperial organization. Is it just me? Cause if it is please let me know.

I just feel like they're coming in saying hey wanna learn the force, think it would be cool, I like power, yadda yadda yadda. Hey the jedi have power, they can use the force, rping jedi is cool to (I know I used to do it).

The two requests I read aren't the only ones Im talking about. Im not picking on these two people this is a trend I've noticed before and Im commenting on it. I think they have a well thought out character discription but to me it feels un sith like.

Wheres the desire for revenge and wanton distruction? Where's all the things that make the dark side...well....dark?

Okay end of mini rant. Maybe I am overreacting but I just feel like maybe they don't understand that theres more to being a sith then hey wanna wield the force and have power. Wheres the evil?

Anyone else notice this?

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 24th, 2004, 07:49:46 AM
Well, for Je'gan as well as Baracc, I more or less decided to start them out as normal, even slightly good people, and then 'work' on them. Makes for a better story, IMO. A year ago, Je'gan was charitable, chivalrous and overall quite good-hearted. Now, he's a mass killer and getting worse :D Made for some fun developments, from first kill to first murder to...well, you get the picture. The thing is, with Baracc as much as Je'gan, they start out thinking exactly that: that power is more or less all there is to their being a Sith. Power has been Je'gan's driving motivation for this past year, but in the process he's done some rather nasty things - mind control, making people explode, and so forth - and the only way he can reconcile himself to that is to simply accept it all. Problem solved. I don't plan to go down the exact same path with Baracc, but the gist remains the same. TSO, and the Dark Side in general, can corrupt anyone.

I can't speak for Baracc, mainly because he's me. I'd say, though, that we should give Kathrine a chance to get evil.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2004, 09:23:25 AM
Wheres the desire for revenge and wanton distruction? Where's all the things that make the dark side...well....dark?

While these things are good for Sith, I think it's better for people to try and come up with their own motivations for joining. I've seen one to many people come in, claiming they want to join the darkside to get revenge for the death of their mother/brother/dog/whatever, and it becomes old quickly.

Also, in this new 'era' of TSO, as I like to think of it, we're focusing a lot more on developing strength to further our goals of gaining more power and sway in the galaxy as a whole. Wanton destruction is all good and well, but it can draw a lot of unwanted attention.

Rasha Vill
Jun 24th, 2004, 01:59:42 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic

Also, in this new 'era' of TSO, as I like to think of it, we're focusing a lot more on developing strength to further our goals of gaining more power and sway in the galaxy as a whole. Wanton destruction is all good and well, but it can draw a lot of unwanted attention.

That's where I come in, learning the in's and out's of the planatary governments, and ploting there down fall through mostly legal means.

Lady Vader
Jun 24th, 2004, 05:30:23 PM
^_^; Yeah, I shoulda brought you up to speed, LW.

We're still evil and coniving (sp??), but instead of using those qualities for want and destruction, we're using it to manipulate and gain things. It's still evil, but a more subdued and quiet one, thus making it more lethal.

In the end, we will turn into a power-force hungry for destruction, using all our recources to our advantage. It's all a matter of time.

Live Wire
Jun 24th, 2004, 06:02:04 PM
hmmm...thats cool

But can I still kill jedi??

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 24th, 2004, 07:46:28 PM
*raises hand* I killed a Jedi a while back. As far as I know, it's encouraged.

After all, we can't go totally soft.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:32:06 AM
Originally posted by Live Wire
hmmm...thats cool

But can I still kill jedi??

Yeah, sure you can. Just, that shouldn't be your entire motivation for being here, that's all :)

Live Wire
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:56:23 PM
naw killing jedi is just the icing on the cake. Helps to focus all that excess energy. I mean I tried needlepoint and it just wasn't as relaxing as hunting down jedi scum. :D

Lady Vader
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:18:32 PM
:lol Yeah, hacking a needlepoint project isn't as fullfilling as hacking a Jedi. Simple as that. :)

Warlock
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:54:59 AM
Master Wondo wrote on 06-24-04 03:56 PM:
Hello there. I have waited a few weeks for the sith section of the forum to be updated. It appears like that task has been completed, I was wondering, why isnt there a join section?.

Haha. Oh man.

Live Wire
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:07:45 AM
newbie alert

AmazonBabe
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:30:43 PM
|I

It's enough to want to make you throw YOURSELF into Arkham Asylum. :x

Rasha Vill
Jun 28th, 2004, 09:19:07 AM
Master Wondo is the return of Sith Lord Homer

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 28th, 2004, 03:23:24 PM
Indeed. I regret ever endorsing him in the first place.

*chuckles* I was just thinking about him reading pages and pages of commentary that could be boiled down to 'no' on his application thread.

EDIT: I just choked; he actually had the nerve to make an application thread!

AmazonBabe
Jun 28th, 2004, 11:07:50 PM
Ok, no Homer.

But I think everyone here agrees with me on that one.

Southstar
Jul 1st, 2004, 10:04:16 PM
I've noticed it isn't taking us long to vote yay or nay on the applicants. I'd suggest that we have a number requirement (the number of active knights and masters) and/or drop the wait down to four days.

Yay or nay?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:00:23 AM
Majority of five yay/nays is good enough for me. No wait time rule though.

Lady Vader
Jul 2nd, 2004, 11:19:54 AM
Yeah, what the efl said.

Southstar
Sep 13th, 2004, 01:47:19 PM
Who hasn't voted on the Arcanus application yet. I think he posted on the 1st and it is now the 13th.