PDA

View Full Version : A WTF that I particularly enjoyed.

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 18th, 2004, 09:58:29 PM
a friend of mine found this article on the foxnews website.

Blind Man Drives Drunk Man; Guide Dog Has No Comment

PEACHTREE CITY, Ga. (AP) — A blind man drove a golf cart for two miles through the winding streets of Peachtree City, accompanied by his guide dog — and an inebriated friend giving instructions — before running into a parked car, police said.

Nobody was hurt, but Samuel McClain, 35, of Stockbridge and Michael Johnston, 47, of Peachtree City were charged with reckless conduct "due to the blatant disregard for public safety," a police report said.

The report said McClain was driving the cart Saturday while Johnston gave directions after having six or seven beers and "admittedly under the influence of alcoholic beverage." Also on the cart was McClain's golden retriever guide dog.

The city of 34,000 about 25 miles south of Atlanta has about 80 miles of paved cart paths and 9,000 registered carts that residents use for daily tasks like going to the grocery or taking children to school.

— Thanks to Out There readers Kris P. and James A.

I thought it was funny.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 18th, 2004, 10:56:41 PM
I thought it was hilarious!

Alex
Jun 19th, 2004, 12:58:48 AM
Those cart things are dangerous WITHOUT poor navigation skills...they always try to run me over. :\

Morgan Evanar
Jun 19th, 2004, 01:09:20 AM
I suspect there might be more to it than that.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 21st, 2004, 04:52:38 PM
My friend ran one over a small cliff into a river with one of those things...I don't really know how. They were sued and had to pay for the cart.

But I agree with Alex, they are dangerous! :D

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 21st, 2004, 08:07:24 PM
Originally posted by Linn O'Conner
But I agree with Alex, they are dangerous! :D

Especially if you put geriatric men in them and call them "campus supervisors", like at my high school. :D

Linn O'Conner
Jun 21st, 2004, 09:48:35 PM
Originally posted by Kieran Devaneaux
Especially if you put geriatric men in them and call them "campus supervisors", like at my high school. :D

Whoa! I think I would run away screaming, tearing my hair out *shudders* Campus Supervisors my foot. :eek

Razielle Shadana
Jun 23rd, 2004, 07:29:42 AM
Originally posted by Kieran Devaneaux

yes, my sister was literally run over by one of these alleged school officals. I think I still have the pics saved.. :lol

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 24th, 2004, 06:21:40 AM
There are too many elderly people here in Florida that THINK they put their cars into reverse, only to find themselves actually going forward and straight into the fronts of stores.>_< There have been a few of these instances, over the last month alone.

I honestly wish the state would make it mandatory for them to have their eyes retested nevermind...have the driving skill retested with an actual road test.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 24th, 2004, 06:22:37 AM
Double post ~ Damn! Sorry!