PDA

View Full Version : Lunch time...

Jacen
Jun 18th, 2004, 03:32:05 AM
Jacen entered the front and shook his head to the bouncer to indicate he didn't have a weapon. The young boy then went and sat down at the bar to grab a bite to eat before heading back out. He had been in the Jedi Archives all morning studying and he was facinated by what he had found. Never would he have guessed all the Jedi lore.

The server droid came over to get Jacen't order. "I'll have a BLT sandwhich and a glass of Moon Juice thank you."

While he waited, the young Padawan withdrew a small datapad and loaded some of the files he had went over. One being the file on constructing lightsabers. Jacen sighed as he thought about the day when maybe he would have one. That is later. Worry about your studying first, he thought to himself as his food came.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:45:23 AM
From the nearest table, Jame watched. She'd heard his order and it made her smile.

"Good choice. Sounds yummy..." -to the droid she raised her voice a little- "I think i'll have the same thing...Never had moon juice before...hmmm."

She got up from her seat, gathered up all her papers, her composition book, and took a few short steps to Jacen, standing over his shoulder, taking a glance at what it was he was reading.

"Mind if I join you? What's that you're readin'?"

Jacen
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:24:39 PM
Startled, Jacen dropped his datapad. He looked up and saw the young lady standing over him. "Oh this...it was just the guide on how to construct a lightsaber."

He motioned to the chair in front of him. "Please. My name is Jacen."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:01:22 PM
The nearly twenty young lady, Jame Kaman Dar, twin to Rognan, took the empty seat, and relaxed into it, looking somewhat satisfied.

"My name's Jame Kaman Dar. I haven't seen you around before...are you new here?"

Jacen
Jun 28th, 2004, 01:59:52 PM
"You haven't seen me? Strange you look awfully familiar...oh yes I am new. I've been here just over two weeks now."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 28th, 2004, 11:06:21 PM
"Well... have you found yourself a master yet?"

Jame looked around for the serv-droid, trying to find out if her food was ready..

Jacen
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:03:54 PM
"Oh yes. His name is Rogan Dar. Hey that's funny you have the same last name as him. Do you know him?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:22:57 PM
"Rognan Dar..." Jame laughed quietly, dropping back into her seat. "...oh yeah, he's my twin. So if you're his student, that must mean he got the promotion when I was off-planet."

Jacen
Jun 29th, 2004, 06:46:49 PM
"Ohh you're twins! I knew you looked familiar. You were off-planet? Where'd you go? Sorry if I seem rude, but I've never been off Coruscant and I want to know what's out there."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 1st, 2004, 05:14:08 PM
"It's alright. I don't think you're being rude... just curious."

Jame tapped a finger on her composition book, and thought a moment. "There's lots of things out there. My brother could tell you that. But I think i've done considerably more travelling than him, being that I only came here less than a year ago, and I haven't gotten myself a master yet. But I'm pretty good about it, and I just find myself things to do."

Jacen
Jul 2nd, 2004, 01:08:35 PM
"Ohh...well they don't have classes for people without Masters?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 2nd, 2004, 07:54:58 PM
Jame shook her head a little.

"They used to, but I think they were found not being as effective or useful as had been hoped. Actually, I'm waiting to see if one of a few masters will accept me, but I'm patient about it, and can wait as long as necessary."

She looked around again. "Hmm.. The food's taking longer than usual. Chef must be busy..."

Jacen
Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:13:46 PM
"You mean it is usually faster? Wow! This is the usual wait for the cafe I used to work in."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 3rd, 2004, 06:45:44 PM
Jame shrugs.

"Usually it's faster for me. But I'm usually in here when it's quieter. I rarely ever eat lunch during the lunch hour."

She sighed. "I never worked in food service...but I DJ'd at a rather popular nightclub on Corellia. One of a few jobs I've done over the years."

Jacen
Jul 4th, 2004, 07:21:01 PM
"Ohh...what esle have you done? Oh look here is our food!" Jacen said as the server droid placed their orders down in front of each of them respectively.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 5th, 2004, 09:16:47 PM
Jame licked her lips. It smelled so good, and even more so considering she hadn't given much thought to food all day.

"Great..." Jame picked up the glass of Moon Juice set before her, sniffed it, and took a sip. "Not bad...So, back to your question."

She swallowed the mouthful of juice. "I've worked in counselling. Being naturally empathic as I am helps there. But through all that, I was a member of the most honorable crew of pirates on the spacelanes. Still, they were pirates nonetheless. I've retired fully from that, since I found my brother. And now i'm here."

Jacen
Jul 8th, 2004, 01:42:11 AM
"Wow..that sounds like a really exciting life. Much better than the life as a low-life pickpocket anyways."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 8th, 2004, 02:31:37 PM
"Well, we'll both have a better life now that we're here, won't we?"

She smiled sincerely, putting down the Moon Juice and picking up the sandwich with both hands, taking a giant chomp.

Jacen
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:51:00 PM
"Yes I'm sure we will," Jacen agreed taking a gulp from his own juice.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 12th, 2004, 09:30:05 PM
Jame thought shortly while she chewed on her most recent bite of the BLT set before her. She swallowed, then posed a question.

"What area of expertise are you heading for in your studies as a Jedi?"

Jacen
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:40:20 AM
"Well I'm not really sure. Since I've been here, I've dabbled in a few things, but it looks like maybe empathy or telekinetics might be my strong points," he said wahing down a bite of his sanwhich with the Moon Juice. "What about you?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:32:02 PM
Jame smiled when Jacen mentioned empathy.

"Empathy? I'm full-on empathic. I was born with it. It seems my mental skills are a forte....I mean, i'm real good with my head." She said, tapping her own head. "I'm looking to...most likely...to go into healing. A good healer is few and far between so i've heard and I just know I have the patience for the studies, and the heart for it."

Jame took a big bite, chowed it down, and swallowed. "But then my sense of adventure gets in the way and shakes its wild head at me. ..'No, Jame... you don't want that. It's too boring.' .."

She laughed. "It's hard to break free of many years of adventurous thoughts."

Jacen
Jul 14th, 2004, 07:23:34 PM
"I think I know what you mean. Since I used to be a pick pocket, it is pretty hard not to just go around and take something just for old times sake."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 15th, 2004, 03:01:59 PM
Jame was half finished her sandwich, and looking rather satisfied at the fact.

"So i'm curious to know what you think of my brother...how good of a job you think he's doing training you, and otherwise."

Jacen
Jul 20th, 2004, 08:32:19 PM
"Well, from what I have seen, he is very nice. I don't know all the details though because I haven't had a chnace to reall sit down and talk to him."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:41:00 PM
She took a small bite of the BLT.

"I'm sure you will get a chance to. Being that he's your master, I'd think you would be spending a fair deal of time with him already..."

Jacen
Jul 29th, 2004, 07:56:01 PM
"Well..actually I have only met him twice. Once during our first formal meeting and then again during a training session, but I'm sure I'll have many more chances to talk to him," Jacen said, taking a gulp of his juce.

Jame Kaman Dar
Aug 3rd, 2004, 06:06:24 PM
Jame took a big gulp of moon juice, and wiped an escapee droplet from her chin.

"It'll come. It might take a little while for him to get used to having a student that he is solely responsable for, but everything should flow smoothly soon enough, I hope."

She spoke this partially for herself, but mostly for Jacen.

Jacen
Aug 6th, 2004, 12:57:59 PM
"I hope so. So what do you do around here for fun?" Jacen asked taking the last bite of his sandwhich into his mouth.