PDA

View Full Version : Getting To Know You. (Jacen)

Rognan Dar
Jun 17th, 2004, 10:12:20 PM
Things were starting to look up. The past was being starting to be left there. The future was what was being looked for. As Rognan sat at the base of a tree in the Garden he thought about his past, quickly turning away and thinking of something else. He also thought about the future. What was he going to do in a year from now, five years, ten years even? Would he still be at the GJO? Would he still be a Jedi? Rog did not know these questions. So then he thought about the present. How things were going on now, how his life is now.

Now, Rognan is taking his first steps toward being a Jedi Knight. At this moment he is waiting for a young hopeful to join him. Rognan had met the boy once and left inclined to take him on as a padawan. He didn't know why he took him on with not knowing him at all. Maybe it was because he was young and spirited. Nevertheless, Rog was taking him. And the first thing that needed to be done was it get to know eachother, not to mention telling the lad that he now has a master.

Jacen
Jun 18th, 2004, 12:13:08 AM
Jacen walked into the gardens of the Jedi temple wearily. He hd recieved a note to meet Jedi Knight Rogan Dar in here. He hoped he wasn't in trouble. The young boy had met Rogan once before and only brefiefly. He seemed like a nice guy, but he hoped his niceness was genuine and true.

He spotted the Jedi sitting by a tree and walked over to him. He stopped short and bowed. "Y..You asked to see me?"

Rognan Dar
Jun 19th, 2004, 09:07:20 PM
Rognan looked up from the grass as he heard Jacen's voice. He smiled before raising a hand toward the ground.

"Please, sit down. I wish to talk with you if you have the time."

Rognan waited for the boy to sit down. He could see that he was a little uneasy. Rog smiled once more as he remember when he was like Jacen and coming to talk with someone like a Knight. Now, being at the other end, he almost didn't see why someone would be like that. But after remembering, he knew why.

Jacen
Jun 20th, 2004, 08:04:10 PM
"Oh yes sir I have plenty of time. I'm just trying to get my bearings straight, but I think the hard part of that is over."

Rognan Dar
Jun 21st, 2004, 10:36:51 PM
"I'm sorry that I did not get the chance to talk to you a little more in our last meeting. I had previous plans. But now I wish to talk to you about...you. You are quite young, I see. but not to young to know things, to know what you want. What is it that you want? Why is it that you came to the GJO?"

Jacen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:46:59 PM
"Well I lived all my life trying to help people out. For awhile I was one of the most wanted pickpockets on Coruscant, but the charges got dropped when I save some big shots life. All that time I was living with an old couple that ran a small tapcafe in the southern hemisphere of Coruscant. I've been on this planet my entire life.

Well a stranger came in one day a few years ago. It turns out he was a Jedi. He told me about the Force and thought I was Force sensitive and asked me to come here. Back then I didn't want to, but for the past few years I've been talking to Betsy and Robert, the old couple, and finally decided that here I can help a lot more people than just by pickpocketing."

Rognan Dar
Jun 22nd, 2004, 05:19:07 PM
"So you were a honorable theif? Not many in that line of...business.

So you came here to help people? Why? is there something that you want from helping out? Do you think people will truly care if you help others out? Are you willing to put your life on the line for a complete stranger that could care less if you live or die as long as they live?" Rognan said the last part slower then the rest. He wanted the words to make clear sense and for them to sink in. This was no simple question. Not one that is asked to much and is not really thought upon. Rognan, though, feels that it is a vital question to truly know what is on his heart.

Jacen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 05:24:24 PM
"Most of the pople that I helped out by stealing could care less about me. They just thought about their next meal and where they were going to sleep for that night. It wouldn't make much of a difference to me if they cared if I was feeding them or saving them. As long as they are safe and in good hands then my concience is cleared."

Rognan Dar
Jun 22nd, 2004, 05:45:20 PM
"But what happens if one of them attacks you for no reason you can see, and you kill him? Then, the other people that knew the man you killed hate you and want to kill you for what you did. That man might have been trying to hurt those that he was close to. But since he was the one that died, you are now forever hated by those you once protected. Could you live with that? Could you live your life with something liek that on your thoughts, your mind, your heart forever?"

Jacen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 06:08:09 PM
"I don't think anyone could answer that question honestly, but I would like to think that I could."

Rognan Dar
Jun 24th, 2004, 09:54:27 PM
"That answer will have to do. Its hard to think about things like that. Most would just not think about it. They would rather say that it happens sometimes and move on, not really caring how people feel about them. I know I wouldn't be able to live like that forever, thinking that someone hates me wishes me dead above all else. But so is the life of the Jedi; not glamourus and happy all the time.

So, are you truly willing to go through the hard training, not to mention the difficult life, of becoming a Jedi?"

Jacen
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:57:38 AM
Jacen nodded his head solemly.

"I am."

Rognan Dar
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:29:13 PM
Rognan nodded as well. He looks like he wants to and that he is ready. Yes, he is ready, he thought.

"Very good. We will have to start on the training as soon as possible. Wouldn't want to let a good mind go to waste."

Jacen
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:32:19 PM
"Yes we wi..." Jacen paused a moment, playing back the last thing Rogan had said. We will have to start training as soon as possible? Does that mean...

"Are you going to be my master?"

Rognan Dar
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:44:14 PM
Good, he is a smart lad too.

"Yes, I have been instructed to take you on as a padawan so that I may instruct you on the ways of the force."

Jacen
Jun 28th, 2004, 01:55:36 PM
"Wow...that wonderful. I really am going to be a Jedi! Woo...," Jacen settled down and turned to his new master and bowed. "I mean, thank you Master Rogan."

Rognan Dar
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:35:35 PM
"Your excited, thats good. The trials ahead of you will not always be easy, but if you keep this attitude up you will do fine. Now," he said standing up, "go run along, meet new people, have some fun. Because we'll be working hard the next couple of days."

Jacen
Jun 28th, 2004, 11:26:47 PM
"Yes sir!" Jacen said as he bowed and turned away to go back to his quaters.

Rognan Dar
Jun 28th, 2004, 11:31:31 PM
Rognan watched the Jacen leave, with a smile on his face. After he was out of site he looked up in the tree that he was standing under and jumped up onto one of the limbs. He layed back on the branch, one of his legs hanging down, and he started to talk.

"Yes, he is a good lad, dont you think? He will do well here. And to think, I'm going to be training him. Quite exciting. Yes, yes, dont worry. I'll introduce you to him some day. When the time is right, you'll get to meet him personally."