PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter games...WTF?

Sarr Koon
Jun 17th, 2004, 01:28:35 AM
:grumble Why does EA keep making these horrendous games???!!! If a decent HP game came out, I would need to be revived. All they want is a 5 year old audience or something, because that is about the oldest age these games can be entertaining to. And, I will be damned if there is a 5 year old that could figure out those ridiculous puzzles in the Harry Potter games. :grumble

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 17th, 2004, 03:45:19 AM
They've got a hard job to do. The novels appeal to a broad audience, so to make a game that would be appealing to everyone would be very difficult. You never know, though - as the books get progressively darker, perhaps the games will become more challenging for an older audience. Personally, I can't see it happening, but you never know :)

Sarr Koon
Jun 17th, 2004, 10:23:35 AM
First they would have to chuck the cartoony graphics crap out the window and try to make the character look real! *gasp* What a concept. I do not wanna sit there and play a game that is like a cartoon. If they would do that, and bump up the ESRB rating to a "T", so it had cool stuff, then they would possibly be worthwhile.

Ryan Pode
Jun 17th, 2004, 10:52:53 AM
In chamber of secrets you have to find beans. My girlfriend is obsessed with Harry Potter... and finding his beans.

Ida Knoe
Jun 17th, 2004, 11:39:43 AM
I've seen alot of people that have alot of fun playing the Harry Potter Games. there are alot of people that don't care about graphics, as long as it is fun.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 17th, 2004, 12:16:29 PM
I'm not a particular stickler for graphics - there are some text based games that I enjoy much more than visual based - but certain types of graphics can really detract from the mood of a game. Graphics do a lot in creating atmosphere, so could really make or break whether or not you enjoy a game.

Sarr Koon
Jun 17th, 2004, 01:44:53 PM
Well said, Dasquain, well said. Take the Zelda game for the Game Cube as an example. That game recieved the best possible ratings by a lot of people. Me? I could not stand it because it was cell shaded. Drove me crazy!!! Cell-shaded sucks and should be avoided at all costs.

Sejah Haversh
Jun 24th, 2004, 04:13:44 AM
*AHEM* www.homestarrunner.com

You were saying about cell-shading?

Dan the Man
Jun 24th, 2004, 05:58:26 AM
Nobody likes homestarrunner anymore though.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2004, 09:18:11 AM
Cell-shading can look great in games - XIII being an example of this.