PDA

View Full Version : Getting To Know People (Nav, closed)

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 16th, 2004, 09:33:39 PM
Kieran sat alone in a corner booth, sipping a class of brandy as he thought some more about the flashes he had received. The memories were staggering at first, but somewhat more bearable now...he wondered what it could all mean. Perhaps, with time, he could regain more of his lost memory...in the meantime, however, he was experiencing new memories here in the Jedi Order. No one had accepted him for training quite yet, but he waited patiently for someone to approach him. He was not a seeker, but rather someone who waited for fate to drop in his lap.

Not literally, he hoped....

Baduna Ciodaru
Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:43:03 AM
*Walking in and sitting with Kieran.*

"Hi, I am new here. Just trying to get to know people better. So, have you been here long?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 22nd, 2004, 02:18:59 PM
She entered the bar at her usual time, everyday at 1300 hours. A forced break from the Temple and her duties as a council member.

The staff knew her quite well and the bartender nodded in her direction. "Usual booth is all ready for ya, Master Tarkin. Namana juice and all."

Her thanks was a smile before making her way over there. It was a first to having her drink already prepared for her, but it was a nice touch.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 22nd, 2004, 03:54:30 PM
Kieran glanced up from his brandy as another drink was placed on the table. The barkeep didn't even notice he was there. Then he glanced up at the door, and saw who it might be. This must be her usual place....well, I hope she doesn't mind the company. He chuckled as he finished off his glass. "Another brandy for ya?" another barkeep asked.

"No...I'll just have a cup of hot tea." No sense in getting myself drunk, he thought.

Baduna Ciodaru
Jun 23rd, 2004, 09:00:05 AM
*Turning to the barman.*

"Large Rum please."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 24th, 2004, 11:23:23 PM
She sat down and began to go through some imformation on her data-pad. Her usual routine while in the Bar and Grill. True, this was her break but Navaria needed to be prepared for her next meeting. Refreshing her memory on Rodian law wouldn't hurt.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:22:51 AM
"Taking your work with you, eh?" Kieran inquired, his one blue eye twinkling with amusement. "You know, overworking is one of the causes of old age. Why do you think my hair is white?" He was joking, of course - he was born with white hair, oddly enough.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:28:24 AM
The voice was unfamiliar to her and she looked up to find out who was talking to her. Again the face was not known to her but he seemed a pleasant fellow. "Well, I may be on break but some days I have more to do then others." She inclined her head towards him and smiled once she got a better look at him. They had never met but the Knight had seen an image of him in his case file. "Kieran if I recall correctly, yes?"

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:14:26 PM
Kieran nodded with a smile. "I am indeed."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:37:45 PM
"Navaria Tarkin, but you already knew that." Her smile grew a bit wider, "I know you've recently joined. How have you acclimated yourself so far?"

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:21:41 PM
"It will take some getting used to, being in one place for longer than a day or so. I used to travel a lot.....anyone who'd give me a ride, I'd help fix their ships - for a fee, of course. Did that for seven years..." He looked somewhat troubled. "Dunno what I did before that, though."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:27:53 PM
She raised a brow at that with concern, "Can't remember?" Amnesia was once a friend to her. Navaria could empathize with Kieran.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:39:09 PM
Kieran shook his head. "I get...flashes. The one I remember most was probably what caused it. I heard someone...my father, I think....yelling for me to hurry, to get to the shuttle. Then I saw the concussion missiles streaking across the sky and then....boom. Nothing after that until I woke up in the hospital."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:43:08 PM
"And that was seven years ago?" She sat back in her chair trying to contemplate that. Seven years with no memories of oneself. Almost a year was bad enough for her. "Nothing you've tried has returned your memories?"

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:45:58 PM
"I get bits and pieces in meditation....the big flash - the one I just mentioned - happened when I was standing on the balcony of my quarters. The power of the memory literally threw me against the wall." He chuckled a bit. "Better against the wall than over the railing."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 30th, 2004, 03:49:54 PM
"I suppose, but having such dangerous memory lapses like that isn't good at all." She replied with concern, "They might end up killing you for real..."

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:36:52 PM
"Entirely possible," Kieran conceded. "It hasn't happened yet, obviously..."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 5th, 2004, 03:58:55 PM
"And I hope that it doesn't." Was too horrible to even go in that particular thought again, wondering what it would feel like not knowing who you are before you die. "Is that why you came here then, to remember you're past, or you wished to be a Jedi? Or, well both?"

Kieran Devaneaux
Jul 6th, 2004, 07:05:23 AM
"A mix of the two, though it was more the former at first," Kieran admitted with a bit of an embarrassed grin. "Then I adjusted to being in one place longer than five minutes, and my intent changed after a while - I decided to put what skills I had to good use, and not just for myself, either. Almost immediately after I arrived, I applied both for Jedi training and for a commission in the NRSF, wondering which one would accept me. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be both..." He sipped his tea quietly.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 11th, 2004, 06:40:42 PM
"An intersting quandry. As far as I've seen, taking on both responsibilities is most taxing. Are you certain that you are going to be up for that?"

Kieran Devaneaux
Jul 12th, 2004, 09:29:30 PM
"Stress is a natural factor of life," Kieran said with a smile. "So is service to one's nation, I suppose...."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 12th, 2004, 11:02:23 PM
This was getting interesting, "Service to your country. Does that mean you feel an obligation to the New Republic? Service is not mandatory. It should be because you wish it. As with joining the Jedi."

Kieran Devaneaux
Jul 13th, 2004, 11:01:46 AM
"I feel obligations to whatever I feel I SHOULD have an obligation to. It seems selfish, but it has worked in the long run....well, until recently, anyway."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:05:56 PM
"And what has changed?" She had struck a nerve but Navaria was only wishing to understand.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jul 14th, 2004, 10:03:12 PM
"I came here," he said simply. "And found my true calling."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 16th, 2004, 09:04:13 PM
That brought out a wide smile from the Knight. Navaria was obviously pleased upon hearing that, "I bid you luck in finding a Master then. So your training can proceed. I apologize for the wait, but we are a small Order. We take assigning Masters to Padawans seriously."

Kieran Devaneaux
Jul 17th, 2004, 10:52:56 PM
Kieran's eyebrow rose slightly. "You are accepting Padawans, yes?" He smiled. "There's an old saying: 'There's no time like the present.'"

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 18th, 2004, 08:38:13 PM
"Me?" She blinked, "Just like that?" The Knight's face went from surprise to seriousness, "Are you sure? A Master Padawan relationship should not be decided upon hastily, though your saying is true as well."

Kieran Devaneaux
Jul 19th, 2004, 03:46:04 PM
"It is a little bit sudden, I must admit," Kieran said with a bit of a sheepish grin. "However, I will have a little bit of time to think on it, considering I will be leaving for a little while." (OOC note: Trip to Vegas next week :D) He sipped his tea, suddenly very quiet. Well, great, you're making an idiot out of yourself, he scolded himself. And in front of someone you want to train you....10 points for the idea, but negative three million for the style, okay?

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 20th, 2004, 12:27:09 PM
"Well," she tapped at the table top, "Considering that, I think it would be all right. As long as you have a decision after your trip. Then I will agree to training you."

Navaria paused, taking a sip of her juice, "Where are you going by the way?: She asked curiously.

ooc- bastard! =p

Kieran Devaneaux
Jul 20th, 2004, 06:20:38 PM
((OOC: Well, in addition to being a Star Wars fan, I'm a big time Star Trek nut, and the annual convention in Vegas is too big an event to pass up. Hey, who said Vegas was just for gambling? :D))

"Out to the shipyards, to ready my new ship for battle. I might get sent out to the fleet...."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:08:39 PM
"To the fleet?" She pursed her lips, "You could be gone for quite some time. Months even..."

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 2nd, 2004, 07:57:42 PM
((OOC: Mesa back!))

"Perhaps. But I personally may not be needed in some of it. I'm the new guy." Kieran chuckled, then his expression grew serious. "Then again..."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:58:04 PM
"They need reliable people. New or old. If you are required to serve for a long time, then that will be the path you walk for awhile."

Ooc- welcome back!

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:52:15 PM
"Well, I suppose actually doing something with my life is better than asking for a ride every planet I land on." Kieran chuckled. "Especially when you have your own ship..."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:03:51 PM
She laughed, "Yes. I suppose that would be quite odd, though you sound as if you have had some experience with that."

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:40:17 AM
"Seven years," Kieran said with a nod. "I spent every credit I earned in that period on the Devaneaux's Fury. Since Corellian designs seem to be endlessly modifiable, I can always earn more running cargo...." He grinned mischeviously, leaving the rest unsaid - but since he knew Nav was a full Jedi, she'd know what he meant even if he didn't say it.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2004, 05:10:52 PM
And did she ever. She too understood the value of a fast ship being able to run cargo under a short time table. "Of course." There was a glint in her eye that Kieran caught. Something that told him Navaria knew exactly what he meant.

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 30th, 2004, 08:50:16 AM
"So, now that we're semi-acquainted, what do you think?" Kieran looked somewhat serious, though there was a twinkle in his eye. "Should I start training, or should I wait until I'm more settled in with the Order?"

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 31st, 2004, 05:38:01 PM
She had her opinion, but Navaria did not want to influence Kieran's decision still. The Jedi answered simply and perhaps predictably, "What does the Force tell you to do?"