PDA

View Full Version : Why Garfield is not funny.

Ryan Pode
Jun 16th, 2004, 08:26:55 AM
http://slate.msn.com/id/2102299

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2004, 03:16:39 PM
AKA Why you are broke and Jim Davis is not.

Ryan Pode
Jun 16th, 2004, 06:59:47 PM
Indeed.

Slayn Cloak
Jun 16th, 2004, 07:58:38 PM
lol

Khendon Sevon
Jun 16th, 2004, 08:07:32 PM
Who cares if the man wants to market a comic or developed a comic for marketing purposes.

If it's entertaining, read it. This is capitalism. If people didn't like Garfield it wouldn't make money. This, in my opinion, comes off as someone being jealous and ignoring the fact that, in truth, Garfield is great in its own way.

Charley
Jun 16th, 2004, 08:10:04 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
Who cares if the man wants to market a comic or developed a comic for marketing purposes.

If it's entertaining, read it. This is capitalism. If people didn't like Garfield it wouldn't make money. This, in my opinion, comes off as someone being jealous and ignoring the fact that, in truth, Garfield is great in its own way.

much truth here.

people need to learn to vote with their $$$, instead of simply whining about it.

imported_Marcus
Jun 16th, 2004, 08:16:05 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon

Absolutly. I saw nothing wrong with what Davis did - in some ways, he's proven to have been damn smart, no? He's rather rich, in control of am empire of sorts and has managed to do it over the long term.

Besides, Garfield can be quite enjoyable. I personally say good on him and well done. I wouldnt mind being half as successful!