PDA

View Full Version : A thoughtful night (open)

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 02:25:11 AM
Shade walked through the gardens of the Jedi temple silently as the lights of Coruscant played across the night sky. There was a slight breeze, but nothing too cold, as he wore his thick Jedi robes. He stopped at a particular flower bed and looks down and smiled. It had indeed been a long time since he had just stopped to 'smell the flowers' as some put it. He held out his hand and a small flower rose gently from the ground and into his hand. It felt so soft and gentle, yet this particular flower he knew to also be very poisoness if ingested. Amazing how something so beautiful could cause so much harm. It reminded him so much of the Force.

Since his absence, he had done a lot of thinking on what the Force was and how it should be used. Now after almost a year he could finally believe what he had always thought. He might not have much respect with the other Jedi when they heard his thoughts, but they were his beliefs and there was nothing none of thm could do to change them. you see to him and only a few other Jedi, the Force is not something that is black and white. There is now good and evil, only the Force. It is the darkness in a person's heart that preverts the Force, not the darkside of the Force that perverts them.Once a person understands this, they can learn to go far beyond their normal expectations, but this realizatin can also have a negative affect. For Shade to come to this conclusion, it had to mean that his brother Yurza, was in fact not the caring person Shade had thought him to be. It almost tore the Jedi Knight to pieces to see that truth, but he overcame it and now that he understands the Forcemore wholly, there could be a chance to save him before it become to late and he has gone to far.

The wind blew harder and the small flower blew from his hand. Shade thoguht for a moment of reaching out wit the Force to catch it, but thought again. Excessive use of the Force could also be a cause for others to travel down the path of darkness, but this was only a new thought to him and he had not entrained it for long, so he didn't want to bring that point public just yet. He pulled his robes closer to his body as he continued walking through the peaceful gardens.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 15th, 2004, 11:53:54 AM
"Last time I saw you I was shooting at you...."

This was a reference to a shortlived, but amusing paintball game. The voice came from the grass by a strong and sturdy tree, and it was female. Specifically, it was Jame's, twin sister to Rognan Dar. She sat there in dark clothing, with dark skin, with a datapad, and she was running her fingers over the bark of the tree.

"...it's nice out here, isn't it?" She wasn't looking at him...she'd already glimpsed him briefly when she heard him coming near. Jame was doing a little learning by herself, studying the plants in the gardens.

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 12:56:46 PM
Shade smiled at the refrence to the game. "Yes it is quite nice out tonight. Nice and quiet. A perfect time for studying prehaps?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 15th, 2004, 02:43:50 PM
Jame smiled and turned her head, looking at Shade, and her hand was flat against the tree.

"I suppose it is. It's a nice night for lots of things. It's just a matter of what one wants to do, I guess. I figured it's time to do something other than just sit and wait."

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 02:47:11 PM
"I see. Then what brings you out here that is less boring than sitting and waiting?" Shade pulled the edge of his robe as it started to flutter in a small breeze.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 15th, 2004, 02:52:48 PM
"Making an attempt at learning something. Keeps my mind occupied."

Over her near twenty years of life, she'd learned many useful things, and some things also, that she would have preferred to have not known...to have been kept in the dark about. Jame turned in her crouch and sat down against the tree, looking over the datapad.

"I hope i'm not prying, but...what brings you out here?"

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 02:59:30 PM
"Oh nothing really. I'm just a Jedi that has let his thoughts and mind get the better of him, that is all. You know, now I know why people tell me I need to stop doing that. I don't even remember coming from my room to here." Shade chuckled to himself. "I guess I must just be loosing it as they say."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:07:52 PM
"Oh..."

Jame laughed a little, dropping the datapad in her lap. "...losing your mind...I've heard that so many times."

Yeah. Back at the clinic....

She looked at him and smiled. "I used to work as a counsellor at a clinic back on Corellia. And I'm an empath. If I start analyzing you, just tell me....I think it bothers Rog how I watch people like that sometimes."

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:10:31 PM
"Don't worry I do it a lot nowadays as well. I used to be a really strong empath, but I leaned from that path for a while and now I am trying to get back onto it."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:14:14 PM
Jame looked at him.. "You used to be? Really...Well, I was born this way...It's always been strong."

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:19:00 PM
"I see. Unfortnately I had to learn it the hard way. My only natural skills were geared towards combat, but I do try and stay away from it unless absolutely necessary, or if it is just for a good natured spar."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:25:21 PM
She relaxed against the tree, and picked up the datapad once again, when it beeped. While she read, she spoke. "I've not gone beyond pistols and punches when it comes to combat. If you ever need any help with the empath thing, i'm sure I could be of some assistance."

Jame then smiled. "Ahh.. oh I see. That's neat."

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:30:17 PM
"I'll be sure to do that." Shade sat down on the grass and looked over at the flowers. "So what are you researching if I might ask?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:37:01 PM
Jame removed her glued gaze from the datapad.

"Well...tonight it's trees. I'm mostly researching plants and such things for their medicinal properties...I'm looking to do healing. It seems to make sense to me considering my counselling background. But on the other hand, there's the whole pirate thing...My sense of adventure keeps nagging me that medicine is boring. Feels like I have two different spirits sometimes. "

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:45:08 PM
"Conflicting emotions. I know them all to well..." Shade sighed as he once again thought of his brother, but he shook the thoughts away. "So you want to be a healer, you said? That will be really hard. I always wondered about it, but I don't think I have the patience for it."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 15th, 2004, 04:04:24 PM
Jame nodded. "I have a ridiculous amount of patience. With the people i've dealt with all my life, both by choice and otherwise, patience has secured my sanity so many times."

She caught the whift of a thought...it didn't seem all too content, and neither did Shade. Jame Kaman chewed quietly at the corner of her mouth. She had worked all her life to strengthen her mental skills such as blocking and restraint from picking up other peoples thoughts. That was where empathy and telepathy conflicted. Brief concern crossed her face, but she just smiled, not letting on about anything. "Aside from that I'm a telepath, musician and DJ... and a bit of a linguist."

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 08:06:53 PM
"Ahhh music...always one of my favorite intrests. Any particular kind you like, or a variety?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 15th, 2004, 10:30:11 PM
She drew her knees up to her chest, and left the datapad in the grass beside her, turning it off.

"I compose.... My most recent was a classical piece, but I write your good ol' regular songs, lyrics and all. My main instrument is flute, then piano, but truthfully, I play anything I can get my hands on. I worked for a while as a DJ at a club on Corellia, too....listen to pretty much any type of music, really."

Jame tipped her head back, resting it against the tree. "What's music to you? I mean... do you play anything...what do you listen to if anything at all...that kind of thing..?"

Shade Magus
Jun 16th, 2004, 08:27:19 PM
Shade smiled. "Music is a little more complicated than that to me. I don't just listen to music, but I have a really unique Force technique that allows me to see music as well. It's reallconfusing at times," Shade said as he sighed. "Unfortunately thought I've never been gifted enough to learn to play a musical insturment."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 19th, 2004, 11:33:04 PM
She smiled, stretching out her legs again and crossing her arms.

"You can see music? Thats...interesting."

Shade Magus
Jun 20th, 2004, 07:47:00 PM
"Yes it is. Apparently I can see certain sound waves and different harmonies."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 20th, 2004, 11:05:00 PM
"That sounds neat...I wish I could do that."

She sighed, smiling a small smile. "What area do you specialize in, being a Jedi?"

Shade Magus
Jun 21st, 2004, 01:07:01 PM
"Mainly combat. Thanks to my species it is what I excel at, but I am trying to become a more all around Jedi. I do ok with telekinetics and mind tricks, but I want to be better so that I'm not just a fighter."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 22nd, 2004, 02:23:47 AM
"My mind is like impenetrable fortress...I think so, anyways. When I first met my brother, he attempted to get inside my head, and up went my barriers. I exercise my mind everyday for stuff like that. It's a great help with overwhelming emotions, so I can block and filter. Other mental disciplines I may encounter - whenever I might start to train with a master - shouldn't be too diffcult to overcome. That is the hope, anyways."

Jame fiddled with the datapad, flipping it over and over in her hand. "I suppose we are opposites. My combat skills don't reach beyond firearms and stealth."

Shade Magus
Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:22:24 PM
"Yes well, opposites do make a whole. Prehaps one day we'll be able to help each other."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:03:30 PM
Jame looked up from the datapad, half-smiling.

"Yes, perhaps. That would be the way most hope things to go."

Shade Magus
Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:06:47 PM
"Most, but not you?" Shade asked inquisitively.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:37:24 PM
She sighed. That would be the case...yes.

"Life is too uncertain. Especially mine. Being here is the first time I've been able to tack my days and weeks to a routine...I'm used to random.....you know, spontanaiety. Taking everything as it comes, moment by moment."

Shade Magus
Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:38:43 PM
"Then why did you change?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:45:55 PM
"I had to. It was just ...time, I guess."

There were other reasons, to be sure. Personal. "Finding out I had a brother might have something to do with it too. Finding out half my life had been lies piled on lies."

She smiled, barely. "I've forgiven it all, though. Otherwise I couldn't move forward...you know?"

Shade Magus
Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:48:04 PM
"I understand. It is good that you have move forward. There are many that can not. After a life of lies, they fear even more."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:54:51 PM
Jame relaxed again, against the tree.

"Well, it's easier for me considering I worked once helping people move on with their lives. This is my new life, my fresh start. A place where maybe I can have hopes again. "

Shade Magus
Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:59:53 PM
"Good," Shade said with a smile. "Hope is what helps us build the future."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:28:59 AM
"Yes, I guess it does."

Jame scratches her nose, and smiles back at Shade. "I couldn't even imagine the future before. Now it's different...."

The smile turns into a grin. "You're very insightful."

Shade Magus
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:33:18 AM
"Well that's one way of looking at it I guess." He said with a grin of his own.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:51:25 AM
"One way of looking at it?"

Jame laughed. "I would guess from that there's other ways?" Mostly it was a rhetorical question, one of amusement, but it stated a curiousity of what exactly it was that Shade meant.

Shade Magus
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:14:47 PM
"Yeah a lot of people would say it was just nonsense."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 24th, 2004, 12:17:07 AM
"And what's this nonsense you're speaking of?"

Now she was really curious. Jame didn't mean to pry...And he didn't have to answer.

Shade Magus
Jun 24th, 2004, 12:18:04 PM
"Well after you really get to know me, then I kinda just say things that come off the top of my head and for most of it, most people disregard it as nonsense until they really think about it."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:00:03 PM
"Ahh....I see." She said, looking suddenly enlightened. "So everyone thinks you're talking to youself..." She smiled, waving it off. "Oh...i'm JOKING." Jame laughed.

Shade Magus
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:45:49 PM
"It's alright. I love a good joke. In fact I used to be quite the practical joker back in my younger days."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 26th, 2004, 08:42:38 PM
"I used to live on a ship full of jokers." She said with a small grin.

Shade Magus
Jun 27th, 2004, 03:01:14 PM
"I'll bet those would have been interesting times."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:44:02 PM
Jame REALLY laughed this time. "Oh...you'd have to know the crew. They're all these big guys twice my size or more, but kind hearted...Except one of them."

Shade Magus
Jun 29th, 2004, 06:00:22 PM
"What was he?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 1st, 2004, 05:07:46 PM
"I think he feared my abilities. I still hear his voice in my head from time to time..." She shuddered. "Always trying to bring me down...I don't go into mindswithout permission, unless there is necessity. I made that very clear and yet..."

Jame shook her head. "That's all gone now. Last I heard, the captain dropped him from the crew."

Shade Magus
Jul 2nd, 2004, 01:57:44 PM
"You still hear his voice? Has your teacher shown you anything to stop from hearing it?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 2nd, 2004, 04:32:10 PM
Jame twiddled her thumbs, closing her eyes. "Teacher? I don't have one, aside from myself."

Shade Magus
Jul 2nd, 2004, 04:39:43 PM
"Is that so? Well that is something we shall have to remedy isn't it?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 2nd, 2004, 07:50:47 PM
Jame drew up one knee to her chest, resting her chin on it, and looking at Shade. "How do you propose...we... do...that?"

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:13:57 AM
"Well as long as the rules haven't changed, then I assume I could teach you, if that would be alright with you."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:36:27 AM
Jame flipped her free hand palm up, and shrugged, kind of smiling.

"Well, I don't know about any changes in the rules. And I accept your offer...It's quite alright with me."

She reached over to the datapad and picked it up, turning it on.

Shade Magus
Jul 4th, 2004, 05:32:02 PM
"Very well then. Any particulat area of training you would like to begin?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 5th, 2004, 09:09:12 PM
She thought about it deeply for a few minutes.

"I'm clueless. I know very little about what areas of training there are for Jedi, and I think it would be a good idea, since you're the trainer, that you make that desicion. I'm up for anything, really..."

Shade Magus
Jul 6th, 2004, 02:46:39 AM
Shade nodded. "Very well. Your training will begin in a few days. And I'm going to go ahead and apologize in advance."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 6th, 2004, 03:04:39 PM
A curious look crossed her face.. A tad confused.

"Apologize for what, if you don't mind my asking?"

Shade Magus
Jul 6th, 2004, 06:30:44 PM
Shade smiled. "Well...you see, you'll be my first female Padawan and I am going to try my best not to act differently, but I haven't had really good relations wit girls, so I imagine teaching you will be just as much of a learning experince for me as it will for you."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 6th, 2004, 08:02:41 PM
She just nodded, nothing more.

"Ok."

Shade Magus
Jul 8th, 2004, 12:51:49 AM
"Yes, well I'll leave you to your business and send you a message when your training starts, but I'm afraid that now I am growing tired and must get some sleep."

Jame Kaman Dar
Jul 8th, 2004, 02:29:31 PM
Jame stood, taking the datapad with her.

"Alright. Sleep well, and i'll await your message."