PDA

View Full Version : New food, new drinks, new person (open)

Jacen
Jun 9th, 2004, 07:26:47 PM
Jacen walked into the establishment and looked around. He didn't want to bother anyone so he sat in a table on the less crowded side of the room. From there he ordered a chocolate milkshake and enjoyed his view. He was still quite new to the Jedi Order and didn't want to intrude on anyone until their faces became familiar. Also, he didn't want anyone that recognized him from his old life confronting him just yet. He still had much to think about and tell his Jedi Master Rogan, before that became public knowledge.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 10th, 2004, 07:28:03 AM
A nine-year-old, blonde-haired boy entered the establishment. Dressed in the fashon of a Falycin hunter, green tunic and pants. Three daggars were sheathed on his belt, beneath the greenish-grey hooded cloak he wore. He handed them over to the guards at the door and entered in further.

Man, if anyone in the Lost caught him this far from home, he was...dog meat. But, he had to find her, he wanted to tell her just what he thought of her.

Angelina Kincaid, his mother. Young Ry-Obi had heard the stories from his little sister, how she would take off in the darkest of nights to do drugs, alcohol, who knew what else. Leaving Hunter alone to fend for herself, no she was no mother to him. She was nothing to him...he hated her.

It was these thoughts that had been on his mind ever since Hunter was returned, he kept them hidden from his father, but his anger had been showing and Ry-Obi needed to free his mind of these thoughts and feelings.

The young boy couldn't talk about it to his dad, he knew even with Faith and the unborn twins, there was still a part of his dad that would always love his mother.

So, he was on a search to find her, to tell her what he thought of her, so he could just clear his mind and never think of her again.

The B&G was the first place he choose to look. Ry-Obi sighed as he looked around and didn't see her, that was alright. He would wait for a while and then take a taxi back.

There weren't may seats available and he wasn't one to sit alone, so he walked up to an older boy and stopped.

Ry-Obi could tell through the Force, this young man didn't want to be noticed and it made Ry-Obi want to talk to him even more. The young boy had a nack for sensing things and he often put it to good use.

"Hi, names Ry-Obi. Care if I join ya?" He asked with a nod towards the empty booth seat.

Jacen
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:26:39 PM
Jacen looked at the young boy and gestured towards the seat in front of him. "Please be my guest. I was actually hoping to meet someone here that might be able to tell me about this place."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 10th, 2004, 02:00:36 PM
Ry-Obi made himself comfortable. "Well, I used to come here a lot when I lived at the Temple. My dad couldn't cook worth a darn, always burnt the Keth burgers so, we came here for supper almost every night."

Jacen
Jun 10th, 2004, 08:32:04 PM
"You don't live here anymore?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 10th, 2004, 10:07:34 PM
"Nope, my dad left the Jedi and he's not been back since."

Jacen
Jun 11th, 2004, 06:39:57 PM
"Ohh," he said his vioice dropping slightly. "Well where do you stay now?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:44:38 PM
"Over in West Coruscant, a good ways away." He answered as the server droid came up. "Rootbeer float." Ry-Obi said.

Jacen
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:50:41 PM
Jacen now had a confused look on his face. "If you live so far away, why are you here?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:52:38 PM
"I'm looking for someone." He answered as he looked the older boy in the eye. "My mother."

Jacen
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:56:35 PM
"Ohhh...well that must be nice then."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:58:48 PM
"No," Ry-Obi shook his head. "My mother is not a good person and when I find her...she'll know just what I think of her. No one hurts my little sister and gets away with it."

Jacen
Jun 12th, 2004, 08:02:17 PM
"Ohhh...." Jacen said. He might have been able to relate, but he didn't have a mother to be angry about. For that matter he didn't even have a sister to protect. "What did she do?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 12th, 2004, 09:48:45 PM
"She got custody of my little sister a while back and just recently we found out that she's been leaving her alone during the night to go out and get high and drunk. My sister is five-years-old almost six and she was terrified of being alone. I still find her huddled in the darkness near our couch, half the time she doesn't even know I'm there." Ry-Obi voice held anger in it, but he let it pass.

"She's not getting away with this. I won't allow it."

Jacen
Jun 12th, 2004, 09:51:38 PM
"I wish I could sympathsize with you, but I can't. I've never known my family, you see I was raised by an old couple who run a small cafe almost on the other side of Coruscant. I do hope that you are sucessful in you quest though."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 12th, 2004, 09:58:24 PM
Ry-Obi half smiled. "Sometimes I think, that would be a good thing. My dad is cool, but he's very strict. Too strict for my taste half the time, always wondering what I'm thinking or what I've been doing. Sometimes, I just want to be left alone."

Jacen
Jun 12th, 2004, 10:00:57 PM
"Believe me, it isn't a good thing. Sure you're free to do pretty much whatever you want, but a lot of my freinds weren't as fortunate as me and were always wondering where their next meal was coming from or where they would lay their heads that night. Yes having a father, even a strict one, is a much, much better situation. He is only strict because he cares for you and wants the best."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 12th, 2004, 10:08:12 PM
Sometimes, it just had to be heard from someone elses point of view, even a strangers.

The statement really sunk into Ry-Obi's thoughts. "I suppose so...what's your name?"

Jacen
Jun 12th, 2004, 10:13:16 PM
"My name is Jacen. I just recently arrived here and welcomed into the Jedi order."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 12th, 2004, 10:39:41 PM
Quay'Na sighed as she waited a few more moments outside. She had been standing in the alleyway for quite sometime and decided it was time to go in.

River would have a fit, if he knew Ry-Obi was this far south. The pregnant Padawan wasn't one for getting River's kids in trouble, but she was part of the Lost and she would help keep an eye on them when need be. Today, for some reason the Force told her to follow.

There was no doubt in her mind, he would know exactly who she was, even with her shields up. The boy was strangely strong when it came to sensing someone.

With her hood of her cloak up to conceal her face, she entered the B&G and handed over her lightsabre's.

After doing so, she walked further in and began scanning the area for the young boy.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 12th, 2004, 10:47:23 PM
In a flash, he felt her presence. "Oh no..." Without a second thought, he ducked under the table as the server droid returned with his rootbeer float.

Jacen
Jun 12th, 2004, 10:53:31 PM
Jacen jumped when Ry-Obi jumped under the table. "What the?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 12th, 2004, 10:56:58 PM
"Shhh...she'll hear you. The woman that just walked in, she's in the same ranks as my dad and they are good friends." He spoke softly as he peeked out towards Quay and then quickly sat back into the darkness.

Jacen
Jun 12th, 2004, 11:21:39 PM
"Is that a bad thing?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 12th, 2004, 11:32:33 PM
Quay smiled as she saw River's young son duck underneath a table where another young man sat, considerabley older.

With her hood still drawn, she walked over to the table, before Ry-Obi had a chance to answer. "So sorry to bother you, but I'm in search of a young man. About this tall, light blonde hair." She said in a gentle tone.

Jacen
Jun 12th, 2004, 11:37:10 PM
Jacen looked around, a complete nervous wreck. He had no idea whathe was supposed to do in this situation. He couldn't just lie, but if the boy was hiding then he had reason to, but what could he say?

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 13th, 2004, 12:03:46 AM
With little effort, Quay sent the young man a telepathic message. No worries, my friend. Ry-Obi is not in trouble, I just want to make sure he gets home safely. I know, he's under the table.

She romoved her hood and gave him a gentle smile. "That's alright, I'm sure he'll turn up soon. Mind if I have a seat?"

Jacen
Jun 13th, 2004, 10:48:46 AM
What the? Am I hearing things now? Jacen thought to himself as he motioned for the woman to sit. "Please. I am Jacen."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 14th, 2004, 04:50:30 AM
"Quay'Na Rakai, nice to make your acquaintance." She smiled as she took off her cloak revealing her pregnacy and then taking a seat.

"You must be new here? I've not seen you around before, but then again I've not been in here for a week or so."

Jacen
Jun 15th, 2004, 01:21:32 AM
"Yes, yes I am. I just got here a few days ago really. So I take it you come here often if you know I am new. What is it like here?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jun 22nd, 2004, 07:41:49 PM
Quay'Na's feet came close to touching him as Ry-Obi squeezed himself into a tighter ball.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 22nd, 2004, 07:48:41 PM
"You'll fit in just fine, I believe. The people here are very nice and the atmosphere is great. I used to come here all the time, but I've moved to the West side and don't get here as often as I'd like."

Jacen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 07:50:54 PM
"Ohh I see. I'm hoping to meet a lot of freinds here and hopefully become a Jedi Knight."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 22nd, 2004, 07:58:06 PM
"Well, I was part of that life in the Temple, but no longer. Though, I will become a Jedi someday, along with my son." She said as she patted her stomach.

Jacen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 07:59:52 PM
"Uh...oh..you're pregnant? Ahhh..well congradulations. I hope he is healthy. Do you already have a name picked out?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:01:52 PM
"Yes, his name is going to be Aramis Elijah Rakai. He'll be arriving in about a little less than four months."

Jacen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:03:42 PM
"Well I hope he is born healthy then. Would you care for anything to drink or eat?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:08:45 PM
Quay'Na smiled lightly. Ry-Obi had to be getting quite uncomfortable under the table, but this would teach him a good lesson.

"Sure," she answered. "Umm, how about a milk and some chocolate cake? I am so into chocolate, it's embarrassing."

Jacen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:10:35 PM
Jacen cocked his head to the side. "Ok, but first...what is chocolate?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:14:24 PM
Quay's eyes about popped out of her skull. "Oh, you're missing out, young man. Chocolate is a girls best friend, especially pregnant one's. It's sweet and creamy and is sooo good. You'll just have to try it."

Jacen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:17:10 PM
"Um...ok...." Jacen called over the waiter and placed their order. While they waited he turned back to Quay. "So is this chocolate stuff rare or something? I've never heard of it."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:43:51 AM
"Probably just because a bunch of pregnant women hoard it." She told him with a grin. "So, how do you like the Jedi temple?"

Jacen
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:50:04 AM
"Well It's actually quite nice. I'm enjoying my stay here."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 27th, 2004, 09:16:34 PM
"That's good, have you a master yet?"

Jacen
Jul 13th, 2004, 07:39:36 AM
"Oh yes. Master Rogan Dar," Jacen said proudly.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 14th, 2004, 10:22:12 PM
"Ahhh, Rog, yes...very good master you'll have. I'm a good friend of his. He's a really nice guy, you'll have some good lessons coming from him."

Jacen
Jul 15th, 2004, 02:54:06 PM
"I really hope so. I want to be the best I can."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:15:49 PM
Quay smiled. "Well, you have the enthusiasm, so that is a very good thing." She acknowledged.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Jul 15th, 2004, 09:15:04 PM
Ry-Obi was starting to sweat and his legs were beginning to cramp and they hadn't even gotten their chocolate cake yet!!

This was a very bad idea. He thought to himself as he carefully wiped his forehead of sweat.

Jacen
Jul 18th, 2004, 12:51:56 AM
"Well thank you," he said looking up hopefully as a server brought a cake over, but unfortunately say it down at the next table.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 18th, 2004, 08:19:14 AM
"So, if you don't mind me asking where are you from and what made the decision of becoming a Jedi?"

Jacen
Jul 18th, 2004, 02:40:05 PM
"Well...from here actually. I grew up on Coruscant, in a cafe only two blocks from here. As for becoming a Jedi...well...I just figured I could help more people this way."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 21st, 2004, 05:35:12 PM
"Well, that's cool. I'm from Corellia and doubt that I'll ever be going back there again. I was just there a few months ago, to make sure this little guy was going to be alright."

Jacen
Jul 21st, 2004, 09:24:16 PM
"Ohh...well I kinda want to go there, but I heard it was controled by the Sith. Is that true?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 23rd, 2004, 09:51:35 PM
"Yes," Quay nodded. "It's very dangerous for a Jedi to go to Corellia now. I wouldn't have gone, had I not had too."

Jacen
Jul 28th, 2004, 06:07:23 PM
"Wow, you must be pretty brave then."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:12:26 PM
"I don't know that bravery had much to do with it, I had to go to save my baby. I would do it again, to ensure his life."

Jacen
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:54:28 PM
"I think I understand, but then again I really wouldn't...but I do hope that you never have to go through that again."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 7th, 2004, 08:04:44 AM
"Me either, Jacen. I just want him to be healthy and alright."

Jacen
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:52:23 AM
Jacen nodded, as he moved his leg and accidently kicked Ry-Obi under the table. "Oops."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:23:36 PM
"Ow!" Ry-Obi said before he had a chance to stop himself. He quickly covered his mouth and hoped Quay'Na hadn't heard him. His heart nearly stopped as he waited to see if she'd heard him.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:11:23 PM
Quay'Na smiled as she had hoped something would finally happen to let the young man out of his misery.

"You can come out of there anytime, Ry-Obi." She stated firmly and winked at Jacen.

Jacen
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:59:50 AM
Jacen watched as the small boy climbed from under the table and he muttered an apology.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:19:05 PM
Ry-Obi stuffed his hands in his back pockets and looked at a very interesting spot on the floor.

He was in big trouble.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:26:00 PM
Quay looked at him with a very serious look on her face as she interlaced her fingers and placed them gently on her stomach.

"Does your father know you're over this far, Ry?" She asked him as she raised an eyebrow.

The young boy shook his head.

"I didn't think so. I do think, he wouldn't be too happy to know you're here."

"Probably not." Ry-Obi mumbled as his eyes stayed glued to the floor.

"What are you doing here anyway?" She questioned. "I can't see you just aimlessly wondering, it doesn't seem to be your thing."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:30:38 PM
Ry-Obi was at that age where he hated being questioned, his father was constantly questioning him on his whereabouts and what he'd been up too. He didn't want to say all the time, he wanted some privacy.

But, now Quay was questioning him and he liked her, they got along very well and he could talk to her better than his father anyday.

He bit his lip. "If you must know, I came here looking for Angelina. I want to give her a peice of my mind. I...hate her!" The last words were bit off in anger, but not towards Quay'Na.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:42:18 PM
"Aahh, I see." She told him gently. Quay'Na had heard of some of the things going on within the Kincaid clan, things that a little boy didn't really need to be hasseling himself with, but these things couldnt' be helped.

The Padawan knew how close Ry was with Hunter and he knew what had happened recently at the Temple.

"Ry-Obi, sometimes things happen for a reason. What your mother did to your sister was bad on her part, but Hunter is safe with us now and we need to be thankful for that. A day will come when your mother seeks you out and then you can tell her why things aren't right, but right now isn't that time. You need to be at peace with your family, that is what makes you Kincaid's strong. I'll tell ya what, you sit down here and have some chocolate cake and I'll tell your dad you were with me today. On one condition...you come to me before you decide to take off again on your own."

Jacen
Aug 15th, 2004, 01:39:15 PM
Jacen watch Quay'Na interact with the child, not much young then he. He wondered what his life would have been like if he had had someone in his life to watch him? Sure Betsy and Rob took care of him, but they had more of a grandparent feel than actual parents.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 16th, 2004, 07:48:50 AM
Ry-Obi perked up as he listened to what Quay had to say. "It's a deal, Quay. I promise." He couldn't believe he wasn't going to get into any trouble.

His dad wouldn't ground him, if he knew he'd been with Quay. It was another reason why he liked her, she always seemed to understand . "Ya know, you're gonna be a good mother that baby is gonna be lucky."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 16th, 2004, 07:53:29 AM
Quay'Na blushed. "Well, I think you're pretty lucky as well and we both are lucky to have found a new friend in Jacen."

She looked down at the cake. "Well, let's eat some of this cake, it's just sitting there looking absolutely awesome."

Jacen
Aug 16th, 2004, 05:07:00 PM
Jacen nodded eagerly. He hoped that it would be good.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 16th, 2004, 09:22:08 PM
Quay'Na shared her cake with Ry-Obi as the three of them dug in.

After a bite or two, she asked. "So, Jacen, how do you like chocolate?"

Jacen
Aug 18th, 2004, 02:19:21 AM
Jacen just nodded as he took another large bite. It was amazing. He had never had anything so good in his life. "Iz goof"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2004, 06:48:06 AM
"Great you're the newest chocolate lover, it's very addictive. Right, Ry-Obi?" She asked, but the young boy was piling his cake in too and all he could do was nod.

"And I thought, I was bad." Quay commented as she took another bite.

Jacen
Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:51:40 PM
Jacen stopped eating for a moment to talk straight. "Yes I can see how it would be addictive. I have to thank you for showing it to me."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2004, 08:36:39 PM
"Oh, you're quite welcome, Jacen. I'm glad I was able to help you out on the chocolate situation. We always can use more chocolate lovers in the universe." Quay smiled.

"Now, the ultimate chocolate cake is found in a small diner in West Coruscant. A friend of mine own's it. It's called Dexter's Diner, you'll have to give that one a try."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 24th, 2004, 07:12:17 PM
Ry-Obi piped in after he swallowed. "Yeah, I have to agree with Quay'Na, Dex makes the best chocolate cake on Coruscant. You'll have to make a trip over and try some."

Jacen
Aug 24th, 2004, 07:40:34 PM
Jacen smiled. "Thank you for the suggestion. I will have to try sometime then."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:10:21 PM
"Well, if you'd like, I'll give you my comm number and we can get together again later." Quay offered.

Jacen
Aug 27th, 2004, 02:41:13 AM
Jacen nodded. "Yes I would like that very much, thank you."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 29th, 2004, 06:30:52 AM
Ry-Obi stuffed some more cake in his mouth as he listened to Quay and Jacen.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:35:40 PM
Quay gave Jacen her comm number. "It's good to have friends in and out of the Order sometimes."

Jacen
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:54:24 PM
"Wow, thanks Quay...I'd give you my number, but I don't have a comm link yet." He said sheepishly.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 12th, 2004, 08:49:58 AM
"Well, I'm sure you'll get one soon so your master can contact you." Quay assured the young man.

"Rog is very reliable." Quay looked at her chrono as her comm chimed.

"Excuse me for a moment." She pressed a button. "Quay here."

"Quay, this is River, have you seen my son by chance?"

The Padawan smiled. "Yes, as a matter-of-fact he's with me. We're at the B&G, I'm sorry it slipped my mind to contact you. Won't happen again."

"No problem, he just hadn't checked in for a while and I was wondering. I'm going to Faith's for a while and I'm taking Hunter with me to see the twins."

"Alrighty, Ry will stay with me. We're fine. Tell Faith I said 'hi'."

"I will, thanks." River closed off.

Quay looked at Ry-Obi, now aren't you glad I found you?"

"Very," the boy replied. "You saved my bum."

Jacen
Sep 14th, 2004, 12:25:14 AM
"I hope so to," he responded just before she switch on her com. When he listened in, he couldn't help but smiling. He remembered his freinds doing the same thing for him plenty of times before.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 14th, 2004, 04:37:35 AM
She looked at Jacen and apologized. "Sorry, for the interruption. So, what kind of Jedi talents do you possess?"

Jacen
Sep 14th, 2004, 05:31:08 AM
Well, I'm really not sure. I'm only just beginning to learn with them, but so far I think my best has been telekinesis."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:20:28 AM
"Awesome," Ry cut in. "I've seen that done a time or two. I can't wait until I can start learning how to do that. The only thing I can do is allow the Force to help with my daggar aiming."

Jacen
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:25:04 AM
"Dagger throwing? You mean like professional?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:42:10 AM
Ry gave him a shrug. "I don't know about being a professional, but it's normal to throw a daggar where I come from. You are allowed to begin training on it after you turn eight. My little sister will get her first daggar soon. My dad has been on a search for her first daggar, it's a big thing on Falycin."

Ry paused for a moment and smiled. "It's kinda like a ritual of sorts and when you receive your first daggar it's like you've been given a chance to prove your worth to your family and your clan."

Jacen
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:47:01 AM
"Ohh I see...I don't really have any rituals like that where I come from."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:51:49 AM
"Even though my family isn't part of any of the clans...well, and that Falycin was nearly destoyed by a meteor shower, so going back is next to nil. When I'm old enough to have kids, I will go by the teachings of the Forest Clan and the Ocean Clan and do the ritual."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 16th, 2004, 08:44:23 PM
"Sounds very fullfilling, young one." Quay'Na concluded with a smile. "But, I suggest you work on things of today instead of things of the future."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 24th, 2004, 09:22:25 PM
"Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know all about 'getting my head out of the clouds.'" He said with a smirk.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:14:34 PM
Quay'Na smiled and touseled the young man's hair. "You're a good kid, let's keep it that way."

She drew her attention back to Jacen. "So, have the Jedi been good to you so far?"