PDA

View Full Version : One rock, two rocks? How many can you move?

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:42:56 PM
Shade walked into the training room and sat down in the middle of the training room. He had brought in several rocks of many different shapes and sizes. The Knight closed his eyes and waited for Sarr Koon his latest Padawan. He was already very adanced, having come from the Jedi Master Verse Dawanstrider, but he still had much to learn. He had left a message for the young Kel Dor to meet him in here so his training could continue.

Sarr Koon
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:57:18 PM
After the meeting between Sarr and the Jedi Council, he had retired to his room. Shade Magus had been present during the meeting offering whatever aid he could and it had been decided that Sarr was to be his new Padawan. The Kel Dor was pleased at this turn of events and felt confident of Shade's abilities.

The following day after his meeting with the Jedi Council, Sarr recieved a message from his new Master. It instructed him to meet for his first training session with his newly appointed Master. He arrived on time at the designated training room and enterted it quietly.

The Kel Dor saw Shade Magus was already there with an assortment of different sized rocks laying around the room. It seemed this lesson would involve telekenisis. Sarr bowed to his master and spoke a word of greeting.

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:04:55 PM
"Ahh good morning Sarr. I trust you had a pleasent night? I hope you had pleanty of sleep because you will be needing it."

Sarr Koon
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:48:35 AM
Good, the Kel Dor thought to himself, [i]Shade is not going to waste any time.<i/>

"Good morning. I did sleep well and am looking forward to a solid day of training."

Shade Magus
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:18:54 PM
"Good. Before we begin, I need to know what you and Dawnstrider went over together so I can gauge your skills."

Sarr Koon
Jun 10th, 2004, 08:58:48 PM
The Kel Dor slipped out of his heavy cloak and tossed it into a corner of the training room. He was left dressed in the traditional Jedi clothing.

"Before being accepted into the Academy I possessed significant combat ability. Increasing that ability was a priority of mine and at the beginning was the main point of my training. Verse, along the way, implemented usage of the Force to increase my abilities. Telekenisis was introduced early as well."

Shade Magus
Jun 11th, 2004, 02:31:27 PM
"How far did he get?"

Sarr Koon
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:33:05 PM
"I've mastered the basics. There wasn't much time for anything more in depth."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 01:08:41 PM
"I see...well telekinesis is what I want to work on here. It can be a very powerful technique and save you a great deal of trouble."

Sarr Koon
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:25:39 PM
The Kel Dor nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"What would you like me to start with?"

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:31:30 PM
"First I want tosee how good you are with it." Shade said as a rock floated off the ground unsteadily. "Take it from my control and move it around the room."

Sarr Koon
Jun 12th, 2004, 08:00:38 PM
The Kel Dor reached out with the Force and shrugged off Shade's control of the rock. His control of it had not been strong to begin with. Sarr moved the rock steadily around the room while following it with his goggled eyes. After what he felt was an adequate demonstration, the Kel Dor let the rock settle back down on the floor of the training room.

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 08:07:02 PM
Before the rock touched the ground however, an invisible force pushed it back up and another rock came floating along side it. "Very good, but how good are you really? Think you can handle two?"

Sarr Koon
Jun 12th, 2004, 09:35:45 PM
Two rocks was not yet much of a challenge for the young Kel Dor. He reached out with the Force and took control of both the rocks. He began with them paralell to the ground and moved them in a symmetric pattern, one to the left and one to the right. After a few moments he brought them back together and maintained a connection with them.

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 09:38:34 PM
Two more rocks lifted into the air. So far the rocks were getting bigger. "Wanna try these too?"

Sarr Koon
Jun 12th, 2004, 11:16:22 PM
The Kel Dor reached out to the two new rocks that Shade had levitated. Sarr knew without thinking that 4 objects would be quite a challenge. And not one he was particularly ready for. However, he would do his best.

Sarr stabalized all four of the rocks with some difficulty. Slowly he began to move them. First one, then another etc... Upon reaching the fourth rock and trying to manipulate it like he was doing with the other three at the moment, he lost connection. All four of the rocks fell to the floor of the training room.

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 11:27:14 PM
"Good. Now that I know you're limits, I know wha to push you to. Atleast as far as number wise," Shade said as he stood up. "Now let's see how big an object has to be before it is to much for you, but what to test you on? Hmm...how about try and lift me off the ground."

Sarr Koon
Jun 13th, 2004, 02:20:06 PM
The Kel Dor found the idea to be somewhat amusing. He would, of course, obey his master. Sarr reached out with the Force and encountered no resistance by Shade. He focused upon lifting his Mater off the ground and within moments did just that. Shade hovered slightly off the floor of the training room. The Kel Dor didn't feel to much strain at lifting Shade.

Shade Magus
Jun 14th, 2004, 01:20:14 AM
"Now see how many rocks you can lift at the same time."

Sarr Koon
Jun 14th, 2004, 01:44:39 AM
While still focusing on keeping Shade hovering slightly off the ground, the Kel Dor began to lift rocks into the air. The first two were lifted into the air with little difficulty. However, the next two made it significantly more difficult and he struggled to maintain them. Upon lifting the fifth rock in the air, all of the objects he had levitating shuddered violently and threatened to fall. He was at the limit of his concentration and Shade could undoubtedly tell.

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 01:14:07 AM
"Sarr, reach out into the Force and use it to strengthen you. Not only to levitate these rocks, but to give you the strength and endurance you are needing now. Do not let us fall. Try for a few more minute and then you can set us down."

Sarr Koon
Jun 15th, 2004, 09:49:29 AM
The Kel Dor did not wish to disapoint his new Master, so he was going to do exactly as Shade had requested. Sarr reached deeper for what was necessary to maintain his levitations. He could feel himself being reinvigorated. Shade, and the rocks he was levitating, steadied themselves out and hung motionless in the air. Now, for some reason, the strain was more then bearable. The Kel Dor waited out the time his Master had indicated and then, slowly, one by one, lowered Shade and the rocks to the floor.

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 12:54:07 PM
Shade nodded his approval. "Very good Sarr. You have learned to strengthen your endurance. It is a very powerful lesson, one that may help you one day. Now for your next one, I want to teach you something that can be very useful. Tell me, how well do you know your lightsaber?"

Sarr Koon
Jun 15th, 2004, 01:53:04 PM
"As well as I can, Master. There is not a day that goes by that I don't find myself practicing with it."

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 01:55:35 PM
Shade held out his hand. "Very well then please hand it to me and step out of the room until I tell you to come back in."

Sarr Koon
Jun 15th, 2004, 02:24:35 PM
The Kel Dor hesitated only briefly before doing as his Master instructed. He reached down and unhooked the weapon from his belt and placed it firmly in Shade's hand. Sarr turned around and walked out of the training room. He closed the door behind him and stood there like a statue.

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 02:45:00 PM
Shade hid Sarr's lightsaber and then turned back towards the door and called for his Padawan. "Sarr come in now."

Sarr Koon
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:11:11 PM
The Kel Dor heard Shade call his name. He turned and headed back through the door once more. Once inside he noticed that Shade was standing in the same spot but Sarr's lightsaber was not visible. He stood motionless waiting for an explanation from Shade.

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:16:40 PM
Shade smiled at his Padawan. Good. He is quite perceptive, he thought. "I assume you have noticed you lightsaber is gone and you wish to know where it is, correct? Well I assure you it is in this room, but you'll have to find it."

Shade smiled tightly. This ought to be interesting. Only a table and a few sparring droids. Couldn't be that many places to hid it, could there?

Sarr Koon
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:49:24 PM
The Kel Dor nodded respectfully to Shade and went about the task of locating his lightsaber. He dismissed instantly the idea that it could be concealed within the droids, it would not be that easy. The table offered no place to hide anything so that was ruled out quickly. After a few moments Sarr came to the conclusion that his lightsaber was being concealed. However, not by something tangible.

Sarr reached out with the Force and detected that it was being used by someone other then himself. The ammount was small and not noticeable unless looked for. The Kel Dor took in all of his surroundings and focused on his concealed weapon. He could not detect where Shade was projecting the Force, so he would need to rely on how well he knew his weapon.

Sarr scanned the room with his mind trying to detect the presence of his weapon. After sweeping through the room a couple times, he was beginning to think that he could not find it. Then on his third try, he made the connection with something he had not sensed before. He knew immediatly it was his weapon because it felt familiar to him, unlike the other objects in the room. It was like a beacon to him and he stretched out his hand towards a corner of the training room. He tugged at the spot with the Force and his lightsaber materialized and flew into his palm.

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 08:10:15 PM
Shade nodded. "Very good Sarr. That is one advantage that Jedi have over a lot of people by carrying only lightsabers. We become intimate with them as they become a part of us, we can sense them from anywhere else. Now I want you to try and find some level of intimacy with the rocks and just like your lightsaber it will take less effort to control them. now I want you to see how many rocks out of the ten here you can lift."

Sarr Koon
Jun 15th, 2004, 10:22:24 PM
The Kel Dor did as Shade requested, he tried to find the same intimacy with the rocks as he felt for his lightsaber. This time around, he managed to levitate seven out of the ten rocks before feeling unable to do any more. Even with the Force invigoration that was all he could manage.

Shade Magus
Jun 16th, 2004, 08:14:08 PM
Shade could feel Sarr's presence growing in the force as he grew more of it into himself. "Good, good. You are very strong in the Force Sarr. You have the potential to become one of the greatest telekinetics."

Sarr Koon
Jun 16th, 2004, 09:01:36 PM
"I am thankful of your appraisal, Master Shade."

The Kel Dor lowered his head in a gesture of respect to the Jedi Knight.

Shade Magus
Jun 16th, 2004, 09:06:53 PM
Shade looked around and nodded. "I have another test for you. I want you to crush one of the rocks. I want to see how strong of pressure you can exert."

Sarr Koon
Jun 16th, 2004, 09:15:03 PM
Sarr singled out one of the many rocks laying about the small training room. He manipulated the rock so it levitated off the floor and hung suspended in the air. Briefly he scanned the surface of the small object and found where it was the weakest. He then used the Force to put outside pressure on those spots. There was a audible crack and the rock fell in pieces to the floor.

Shade Magus
Jun 16th, 2004, 09:17:15 PM
"Good good. Now do you know of a technique that allows you to manipulate molecules and rearrange matter?"

Sarr Koon
Jun 16th, 2004, 10:28:36 PM
"I know of it, but have not been trained to use it, Master Shade."

Shade Magus
Jun 17th, 2004, 02:48:24 AM
"Well then, that is something we will have to remedy isn't it?"

Sarr Koon
Jun 17th, 2004, 10:20:44 AM
"If you would be so kind, Master Shade."

Shade Magus
Jun 17th, 2004, 04:07:25 PM
"I would, but for now, go and rest. This is a lesson that I will teach you and Spada together."

Sarr Koon
Jun 17th, 2004, 04:41:33 PM
"A very wise decision, Master Shade. No point in teaching the same thing twice, if it can at all be avoided. Until then, good day to you."

The Kel Dor bowed to his Master and exited the training room. He headed for his quarters, to get some rest.