PDA

View Full Version : Underage Drinking [Open]

Katina Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2004, 07:40:07 AM
It was a busy night at the Bar & Grill, with guests shuffling in and out in a great throng. It was incredibly easy for a lithe little wolf cub to slip inside virtually unnoticed. She heard someone comment about the cat that gotten in the building, and Kati had to stop herself from biting the man on the ankle. That would just get her thrown back out. Instead, she snuck her way into a restroom, nosing the door shut and dropping the package she was carrying on the floor. A scants few minutes later, pink little fingers were unfurling the package and donning the clothing contained inside. She was inside. Her daddy probably wouldn't find her missing for at least an hour. That should be plenty of time to explore the place. Cautiosly, she left the restroom and stepped out into the bar proper, instantly overwhelmed by the musky, heavy scents. And she felt the first touches of regret.

Lucianus Adair
Jun 8th, 2004, 11:49:54 AM
Out for a break.

Mars trained hard. So hard most people would ache, but any tinges of sore muscles, remote pain, fed him. He looked six to eight years older than his fourteen years, and with his continually accumulating height (which was now at 6'5"), it was hard to deny. Down at a crowded night in the B&G, he kept his predatorial instincts in check, and left the blades at home. Phoenix was dressed in deep blue jeans,a collared black shirt and casual treaded shoes, soft black in color. Much more relaxed than the usual tight-to-the-skin training garb.

"What a day."

His solid red eyes scanned the establishment, with a locally brewed beer in one hand, looking for ...nothing and no one in particular. Until, that is, his eyes ran over a young face, near likely to be close to his age. He ran a hand through his short black hair, which was slowly growing out, and he intended to let it. There were reasons for that.

"Well, well..what have we here?..."

In that frame of mind, he lifted off the bulkhead he was leaning against, and made his way toward her, leaving the beer on the barcounter on the way. Coming up behind the young..lady... he spoke with his deep voice, keeping any growliness down. "Excuse me, miss. You seem to be new here...as am I...might I offer you some company?"

Phoenix smiled, dropping his hand to his side, and watched her for a reply.

Katina Van-Derveld
Jun 16th, 2004, 02:55:33 PM
"Um, company?", she asked innocently. "I, I don't know. Are you saying that you want to be my friend?" Unconsciously, Katina's hand went to her mouth, where she began to distractedly chew on the side of her thumb. She always did that when she was nervous. It made her voice even squeakier than it already was.

"I thought... I was thirsty, and I thought I could get a drink. But my d... um, but I can't right now."

Kati started to bat her eyes now and gently twist from side to side, like she always did when she wanted something.

"Could you get one for me? I would like that a lot."

MMU
Jun 16th, 2004, 03:33:36 PM
A flurry of metal bounded through the door to the bar and grill, scampering right past the door guard and across the floor as it scurried beneath table, feet, and R2's. Glowing green eyes scanned the people milling about before settling on the little girl, and with fresh energy, the small, neurotic little droid avatar known only as MMU suddenly fell still (a feat in and of itself to those who knew him).

Creeping up behind her, being as stealthy as he could, the little avatar reached out a hand.

He tapped her shoulder.

"TAG!!! Haha - you're it again!!! I gotcha!!!"

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 16th, 2004, 04:12:45 PM
Kieran Devaneaux was seated not far away, sipping a glass of Corellian ale as he began thinking on some of the missing memories. Glancing from his table at the rather small bar patron, he frowned. They keep making them smaller these days, he thought as he sipped his ale. Or perhaps this is a kid who's found herself in a place she shouldn't be... He then noticed the other guy, who he knew was under the drinking age, but did not comment. He just sat there, his remaining blue eye gazing around the room.

Hopefully these kids don't go alcoholic. Everyone does these days. Kieran sighed to himself as he sat back, drinking his ale quietly, his eye continuing to glance around...

Lucianus Adair
Jun 16th, 2004, 10:58:28 PM
Originally posted by Katina Van-Derveld
"Um, company?", she asked innocently. "I, I don't know. Are you saying that you want to be my friend?" Unconsciously, Katina's hand went to her mouth, where she began to distractedly chew on the side of her thumb. She always did that when she was nervous. It made her voice even squeakier than it already was.

"I thought... I was thirsty, and I thought I could get a drink. But my d... um, but I can't right now."

Kati started to bat her eyes now and gently twist from side to side, like she always did when she wanted something.

"Could you get one for me? I would like that a lot."

Mars grinned, a handsome-looking expression on his usually serious face, then chuckled. He felt he was being watched, but on the other hand knew it was unavoidable considering how busy it was tonight. "You're a quick one, aren't you? Well...."

I'd take it the young lady has never even had a glass of wine... He tsked to himself. "You have got to be a little more specific, and you need to relax."

That's some advice, coming from him. "Why don't we chat a bit, and let you get used to this place first, hmm? Then we can figure out what it is you want. I'm Phoenix Whyte by the way, but I go by Mars. Come on, let's find some seats."

Mr Pulse
Jun 17th, 2004, 09:37:26 AM
-The black-clad uniform had only just come from the spaceport, he made a bee-line for familiar territory so naturally he ended up in the B&G.

With typical Guardian politness, the gaunt gentleman handed over a sword and two large silvery revolvers.
Nothing out of the ordinary, although any knowledgble onlooker would think it most unusual for a Guardian to be packing guns.

With a tip of his hat to the guards, graceful strides carried the tall man into the dinner.
He headed over to an empty table in the far corner, by the window.
He order some obscure choice of alien hot beverage from the service droid, the droid buzzed away.

Mr Pulse setteld in, he removed his hat and placed it on the chair next to him; he unbuttoned the front of his coat (to reveal yet more black).

As he waited patiently for his drink, he employed the almost procedural habit of his kind to glance harmlessly around the room.
In truth he was analysing the place in great detail, a wise habit for one in his boots.-

Katina Van-Derveld
Jun 18th, 2004, 04:50:32 PM
Before Katina could respond, she felt someone tap on her shoulder. She felt her heart sink - they had caught her for sure. Swallowing hard, she turned around to find... a 3' hyperactive 'droid with glowing green eyes.

"MMU!" she squealed, before catching herself. Gotta keep the voice down in here. "What are you doing here?" she whispered. "Wait, not right now. This man here is taking me to go sit down. You can come, too."

When they reached the table, the girl introduced herself as "Kati", giving the man a little curtsy. She wasn't sure if she should trust him, but the bar was full of lots of people, so she wasn't too worried.

Coming back to reality, Kati noticed that her face was warming. Upon realizing this, she began to blush even more.

"I, um, I'm really thirsty."

MMU
Jun 18th, 2004, 05:05:42 PM
Nodding sagely, the little droid followed Kat studiously through the bar and grill, strolling - well, swaggering - right behind the little girl he considered one of his bestest friends. Aside from Lok and Uncle Silus, of course.

Scrambling up into the chair Kat occupied, he stood behind her, busying himself with play-styling her hair and humming to himself.

Lucianus Adair
Jun 19th, 2004, 01:11:07 AM
Phoenix sat down across from Kati, significantly shortening himself from his full height of 6'5" . He rested his elbows on the table, crossing his long arms, and looked at her.

"Thirsty...dehydration... well, I would go for some water first off...It should help you cool off." He said, making note of her flushed cheeks.

Heh. Cute.

Mars half-rose from his seat, scanning around for a serv-droid. When he spotted one, and had its attention, he waved it over. Then he back down, noting the small droid fooling with Kati's hair. He quirked a brow.

Odd...

Soon thereafter, the serv-droid appeared. "Two water please, for the moment. Make mine extra cold...please... And you, Miss Kati..how do you take your water?"

He knew what he was doing.. Oh yes, he did. Mars smiled to Kati, expecting her answer.

Katina Van-Derveld
Jun 19th, 2004, 02:13:32 AM
Her eyes widened at the question, strangely suspicious. "In a bowl", she answered, not quite knowing how else to reply. What a strange question to ask her. She turned and smiled to MMU.

"Hey, Mew", she said. "When we get out of here, will you help me sneak back on your ship?"

MMU
Jun 19th, 2004, 01:31:11 PM
Little green eyes brightened in excitement as the little avatar continued to absently braid Kat's hair. Sure!! We can play 'Smugglers and Imperials', too!!

Lucianus Adair
Jun 20th, 2004, 11:02:32 PM
Mars laughed at her response. He thought she was being sarcastic, poking fun.

"No, I what I meant is how cold do you like your water?"

He continued to watch MMU, wondering at the oddity...the strange relationship between the little droid and Miss Kati.

Katina Van-Derveld
Jun 20th, 2004, 11:46:25 PM
"Oh," she said, feeling slightly embarassed. "Um, it usually comes cold from the stream. But I can get water anywhere."

MMU was clearly getting antsy. Kati was surprised that he'd managed to sit in place as long as he had. She was considering sneaking away with the 'droid and just forgetting the whole event; This wasn't turning out at all how she thought it would. That's when she saw him enter. Kati let out a whimper and sank down in her seat, hoping he wouldn't notice her.

Lucianus Adair
Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:16:29 PM
Phoenix completed the order, and...kindly...shooed off the serv-droid. When he looked back to Miss Kati, she was half-slid under the table...

"Ahh.. What are you hiding from?"

Katina Van-Derveld
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:05:52 PM
"Hiding?", the girl squeaked. "I'm not, uh, hiding. I just like it here."

She leaned over in her seat and clutched MMU tightly.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:19:03 PM
“You should know that you can’t hide from me. I don’t need to be able to see you to know you’re there.”

An ominous shadow had cast itself over Phoenix and the table in front of him. The man, tall and with a head of white-blonde hair to match Katina’s, did not look particularly happy, a scowl creasing his brow. In fact, you could even go so far to say that he was deeply vexed, not least of all at the young girl, but at the older boy eyeing her in a worrying fashion.

“Come, Katina,” he ordered. “Now.”

MMU
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:29:21 PM
Green eyes growing wide, the little avatar clutched Kat right back as he stared up at Mr. Van-Derveld - much like a kaadu in headlights.

Mr. Van-Derveld was just downright scary sometimes.

Katina Van-Derveld
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:35:57 PM
Katina opened her mouth, but only a little squeak came out. She thought about all of the things she could say to him, and imagined his reaction to all of them. That was enough to make her close her mouth again. Very heavily, she stood up, her head bowed and her mouth trembling.

"Am I in trouble, daddy?", she asked, already knowing the answer.

Mr Pulse
Jun 23rd, 2004, 01:16:54 PM
-The guardian gave a little smile as he whispered to himself.-

""Hm.
Thought as much....""

-Mr Pulse though he recognised somthing in the girl, he'd probaly remembered her face from one of his files.
He had no intention of doing anything, he was off duty.

Right now, he was content for the young lupine to face judgement from her own father.-

Lucianus Adair
Jun 23rd, 2004, 10:48:15 PM
Phoenix turned halfway in his seat, to look at the new, and off-putting presence. It took him a moment to click, as his eyes shifted from Kati to the man, then back. His eyes cooled to black.

Daddy? She is... Van-Derveld's daughter? .... Decietful. I had no idea. Though I can understand why she did not inform me. Nonetheless.... One tends to know things from paying attention within the TSO. Attentiveness is highly reccomended everywhere.

Mars stood from his seat, to his full height of 6'5"...rather tall for his all of nearly fifteen years...and nodded respectfully to Vega. "It is... interesting to happen upon one of your offspring in this of all places...sir. The least to say is that I have kept the young girl from consuming that which she should not. "

About that time, the droid came about with the order of ice-cold water. Mars retrieved his glass, and placed the...bowl..on the table. Doubtful, however, that the girl would ever drink it, considering the fresh circumstances.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:15:29 AM
Vega looked incredulously at the boy who was addressing him - he must have been a member of the Order. With a insincere and dismissive nod, he turned to his daughter, and then eyed MMU irately.

“You run away and then you come here of all places? Have you any idea how worried your mother has been?”

Ket Van Derveld
Jul 12th, 2004, 12:35:35 PM
Ket shook his head as he walked toward them from the far end of the bar.

"Katrina, mind your father. He knows best."

Ket then looked to Vega and smirked, crossing those muscular arms of his, spiked blonde hair falling a bit in the front.

"You know, this place hasn't changed a bit, Vega."

Lucianus Adair
Jul 12th, 2004, 09:09:36 PM
Phoenix just nodded to himself and sat, cutting down significantly his full height of 6'5", gulping occasionally at the glass of ice cold water. He said nothing further, but remained at the scene. He glanced to the newcomer, then looked again at Vega.

Interesting. I can see the resemblance. But I did not know Mr. Van Derveld had a brother.

Mars rubbed his chin, content to be absorbed in his own musings for the time being, or until adressed.