PDA

View Full Version : Learning Never Ends. (Anbira)

Rognan Dar
Jun 6th, 2004, 11:05:34 PM
The process of learning never stops. It may start when someone is young, progressing until they become adults. But it does not end there. Some may think that it does, which is why everyone wants to grow up so fast. Who would want to spend their life pooring over books and homework? Yet even the elderly still learn things. Might be from their own children that they learn new things. It is also so for a new knight to seek out more knowlege, to grow further, to become stronger. Not to just get so far and then stay there. But to strive to become all that he could possibly be.

Rognan was sitting in one of the training rooms waiting for someone. A few weeks ago the council saw him fit to become a knight. But Rognan thought he still had to much left to learn. And he did. There is never a time where it is to late to gain more wisdom. And that was why he was waiting here. For he had asked someone of great respect and power to assist him in discovering what potential his own skills held.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 11th, 2004, 05:44:35 PM
Anbira ran into the training room suddenly. His simple tunic was dampened by sweat across the chest and back, and a glistening sheen covered the man's face and exposed arms.

He at first ignored Rognan, and walked toward a nearby fountain by the window. Scooping up handfulls of water, he splashed them across his face, before abandoning the whole process and dunking his entire head in the cool liquid.

Standing straight suddenly, Anbira ran his hands through his short hair briskly, throttling the residual water from his hair, and working his way down to his beard. Only at this time did he return his eyes to Rognan.

"What do you want?"

Rognan Dar
Jun 13th, 2004, 04:06:56 PM
Rognan's mouth moved open and close, yet now words came out. He was at a lose on what he was suppose to say. He thought about what he was going to say, but now that he came down to it, none of it fitted. And to mention that he blunt question confused him.

"Er...I, um...I'm here to...looking for some...training, more training on...telekinesis."

Rognan felt so lame after saying that. He wanted to bang his head against the wall. But he did answer the question, however stupid it sounded.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 14th, 2004, 10:38:47 AM
"Right..."

Nodding as if remembering, Anbira approached the Padawan.

"...Rognan Dar, I take it?"

Rognan Dar
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:58:23 PM
"Yes...yes that is me. You are Anbira Hicchoru are you not?"

Rognan was starting to think that he might have been mistaking this man for someone else. He needed to make sure this was the right person.

OOC: Rognan is not a padawan anymore.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:13:54 AM
"I am."

Anbira approached, sizing the Knight up. Rognan had an inch or two on the shorter Jedi Master.

"No doubt I don't fit the description. I've had an interesting few weeks."

With a slight smile, Anbira resumed his visual appraisal of Rognan.

"Well, if you're serious about learning telekinetics, I want you serious in all things. We don't wave a wand and make things fly. Its natural and intuitive, like reaching out with your hand."

Rognan Dar
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:22:02 AM
"Thats how I have thought of it. Not so much as just making it move as much as reaching it with your hand and moving it. With the visual image of it makes it easyer for me to do it."

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:51:50 PM
"Mm."

Anbira sounded gruffly in the affirmative. He then walked away from Rognan, toward a large weapons rack. Pulling a short sword free, he tossed it lightly to Rognan.

"Stab me."

Rognan Dar
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:57:46 PM
"This is some test I'm sure. And to have he stab, or try and stab, would only mean that you are going to stop me in some way or another in order to teach me something. At first I would refuse to do such a thing."

But before Rog had finished his sentence he lunged at Anbira, stop way short of connecting, went into a roll to gain further ground, and came up stabbing the weapon at Anbira.

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:11:29 PM
The tip of the sword pierced a quarter inch into Anbira's chest, and budged no more. The Jedi Master looked to Rognan, and clasped his hands behind his back, as if he was in no peril at all, and watching something far more tedious and methodical.

"Well? Put your back into it."

Anbira now began to walk forward, against Rognan's blade. Instead of burying the steel deeper, Anbira inexorably pressed Rognan back.

Rognan Dar
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:13:30 PM
Rognan was surprised that he got as far as he did with the blade, but what happened once it touched amazsed him further. For a quick seond he thought that he might have truly stabbed Anbira. Once he started walking forward, Rog was almost horrified at the stunt. Though he was told to push harder, he withdrew, seeing not point in trying fruitlessly.

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 30th, 2004, 09:17:01 PM
Rognan withdrew, and Anbira nodded at his decision, thumbing away a bead of crimson that formed where the tip of Rognan's blade made contact.

"I did not hesitate. I did not act gratuitously. I wielded my skill as you wielded your sword. A natural movement."

Clasping a hand on Rognan's shoulder as a sign of relaxation, Anbira smiled.

"Now, how committed are you to learning what I have to teach? I have been planning a journey to the jungle moon of Yavin for some time now. I have padawans to train, but if you wish it, you may train alongside them. Does this interest you?"

Rognan Dar
Sep 16th, 2004, 01:56:26 PM
"Yes, I'm very interested in this plan. I've been thinking of going there myself, and this would be no better a time to go. If you are willing to teach me then I will do my best to learn it, Master Anbira. How soon would it be until you depart?"