PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Kyle Krogen
Jun 6th, 2004, 10:32:54 PM
whenever I shrink my sigs down in PhotoShop, they always get bigger when I load them onto the forum. for example, when I saved a sig and made its size around 26K after I put it into my profile it grew to 34K?

Can someone tell me why this is happening?

Daerlayne
Jun 12th, 2004, 09:27:53 PM
Use the wizard.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 12th, 2004, 10:29:40 PM
Originally posted by Daerlayne
Use the wizard.

* SMACK *

Thats NOT the answer.

Kyle, it's often to do with how programs count bits and bytes. Properly, byte count is in Base 8, while normal decimal is base 10. Now, the actual which ways of the maths is a bit hazy, but your browser may be counting bits in base 8 and PS in base 10.

But that would surprise me, however, the disparagy in file size leads me to think that's correct. However, for another eg on this, hard drive sizes are often quoted wrongly - they are quoted say 20 gb when correct byte counting is actually 18.1 gb.

Kyle Krogen
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:57:58 PM
is there a way I can get PS and my bowser to read the file size in the same base? or do something else to fix it?

Crystal
Jun 20th, 2004, 03:40:42 AM
Mine is a little off. When I want to be sure I'm getting it under 30k, I shrink it to around 27 or so. When it gets in my browser it's usually a little under 30k then, but it still looks fine. You might just try toying with it to see how small the filesize has to be for it to come out under 30k.