PDA

View Full Version : Reach out and touch someone (open)

Shade Magus
Jun 6th, 2004, 04:19:01 PM
Shade walked into the Jedi garden and smiled. He let his Jedi awareness float outwards, picking up all the life around him. His empathetic abilities weren't anything to joke about, but he wanted to work on them more and refine them. He hoped that he could find someone who could help him. He sat down, reaching out, trying to call another whose awareness was accute as his.

SonLee
Jun 7th, 2004, 12:14:20 AM
Her holiday, she found, was rather relaxing, but she was happy to be home back in the GJO grounds. Sometimes Cloud City got a little too full of the hustle and bustle that she just wasn't used to.

She crossed her arms and looked about. The place hadn't changed a mite in three months, and if she wasn't mistaken, her eyes were telling her that Shade was about 100 meters away, calling out to someone.

She shrugged and went over to him, looking down upon him.

"You do know killing beetles underfoot is a sign of bad luck, don't you?"

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 12:20:04 AM
"I do now," he said without looking up. He could sense the presence of his old Padawn and he smiled. "Where have you been?"

SonLee
Jun 7th, 2004, 12:23:53 AM
"Hmm...chasing rogue Masters who kill bugs.." she joked. "Hmm...cloud city." She shrugged. "Nothing very exciting. I just needed a break."

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 01:02:29 AM
Shade nodded, opening his eyes and looking at his lost Padawan for the first time. "I know the feeling. Well welcome back SonLee."

SonLee
Jun 7th, 2004, 07:53:45 PM
She smiled. "Thankyou Master Shade. It is good to be home again."

Shade Magus
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:34:35 PM
"It is good to have you back. I assume you wish to continue your training. Is that correct?"

SonLee
Jun 8th, 2004, 11:03:48 PM
"Yes, I suppose so..." she said. "I just wasn't so sure about it at first. I guess the thought of exploding rocks and people scared me away...yeah, okay, I felt fear. It is still there, and I need some help to conquer it...
"I heard that there is someone who can help me control this wrong frame of mind. Would you know who they might be?"

She frowned as if trying to remember something. "Oh yeah, that's it...someone said some guy named Yurza was capable of that kinda thing. I don't want this fear to overtake me you know."

She stopped to grab her breath after the sea of words had come out, and went on again.

"Can you help me find him?"

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 02:35:08 PM
Shade looked at SonLee sharply. "He can not help you and I beg of you to stay as far away from him as possible. He is a very dangerous man and should not be approached."

SonLee
Jun 10th, 2004, 08:57:42 PM
SonLee took a startled step back. "Sooory," she said. "How the heck was I to know that??"

Shade Magus
Jun 11th, 2004, 06:27:35 PM
"I'm sorry. You are right of course. How should you have known? I apologize for that outburst."

SonLee
Jun 11th, 2004, 10:36:42 PM
She still stayed about five feet from him anyway.

"Why is he so dangerous? What can he do? I am a Witch remember - he wouldn't dare harm me...would he?"

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 01:06:22 PM
"He doesn't care. He'll kill anyone, anytime as long as it is in his power."

SonLee
Jun 14th, 2004, 11:43:18 PM
SonLee shivered. "What does he consider himself as then? Sith, Jedi, or outcast? Is it that he can't fit in?"

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2004, 01:11:48 AM
"He is a Dark Jedi. He and his master see themselves as being better than Jedi and Sith because they choose to harness both sides of the Force."

SonLee
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:05:04 AM
"I didn't think that kindo f thing was even remotely possible..." she thought.

I HAVE to find him. she thought. Yurza IS the only one who can help me, regardless if he is darksider or not...

(OOC: Who calls him? me or you?)

Shade Magus
Jun 16th, 2004, 08:20:27 PM
OOC: It'll be awhile because he is being trained.

"Ok let me put in easier ters. They don't exactly harness both sides of the Force, it is more like they aren't completely comptrol by their emotions. They, unlike Sith know when to harness them and back off."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:49:28 AM
Trunks had been walking around the grounds with no purpose far too long for his liking. He was quite unaware of what exactly he should be doing with his time before being assigned a master. The instructions given to him were vague at best.

"So many thoughts flowing though the temple at once." he thought to himself.

For being a new Jedi he was quite gifted in the force, the power of sensing others more than anything. Among the mass of feelings and thoughts something was standing out though. Like a beacon, someone reaching out for another. Trunks closed his eyes, and his feelings led his feet down the corridor toward the source of this calling. Whomever it was had a sizeable presence in the force, far more than most others.

Walking through an arch Trunks felt the sun on his face. He was in a part of the temple he hadn't been in before, a large garden. There were many here obviously trying to tune into the living force around them. Most of which were sub-padawans like himself.

Eyes closed once again, Trunks walked into the garden toward the immense mind calling out for something.

Just as Trunks was about to reach the source he bumped into someone. Opening his eyes he looked up to find an attractive woman who was talking to a man he recognized as Jedi Knight Shade Magus. It was then he realized he hadn't bumped into the woman, because she was still talking. Actually he had been stopped by Shade before actually running into her.

"Excuse me, i'm sorry I interrupted your conversation. I was following your strong will Master Magus. I felt someone calling for something and was compelled to find the source."

Trunks bowed his head a bit in shame for butting in on those superior to him.

"I'm actually at a bit of a loss as to what to do here. But I'll move along. Sorry again."

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:00:58 PM
"Don't worry. It didn't cause any harm. May I ask your name little sir?"

Trunks Alvein
Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:53:28 PM
Trunks had turned to walk away, and Shade's words startled him a bit. He wasn't scared, just nervous.

"Trunks Alvein, master Magus." he said straightening his robes, "I've just recently been accepted into the order."

Trunks knelt down in front of Shade, eager to carry on the conversation.

Shade Magus
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:40:12 PM
"I see. Well congratulations on your acceptence. I am surprised someone so young could sense me. You must be strong in the FOrce."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 4th, 2004, 03:03:24 AM
"Your words are more true than you know master." As he spoke, Trunks thought back to an encounter he had with another Jedi earlier that day.

"Just a few hours ago, in a spar with your Padawan Sarr Koon, I lost control of my powers and almost caused him injury before blacking out." Trunks could see the look on Shade's face turn to that of concern.

"I fear if it weren't for your expert training he might be lying in a bacta tank at this moment."

(Trunks spar with Sarr [in progress] can be found here.) (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=674111#post674111)

Shade Magus
Jul 4th, 2004, 06:55:18 PM
"Ohh my...what happened."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 4th, 2004, 09:00:45 PM
"Well, your Padawan was close to defeating me, but before he could I felt a great power begin to grow inside me." Trunks stopped to take a breath, then continued. "It seems the power forced itself outward, like an explosion. Sarr was able to avoid the brunt if it, but I was so drained I fell unconscious." he paused for a reaction, but when none came he went on.

"After I came to we continued the battle...I was defeated." Trunks said with a sad look. "But I suppose it was inevitable."

Shade Magus
Jul 5th, 2004, 06:15:05 PM
"It sounds like to pushed yourself to you limits and reached the point of no return."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 5th, 2004, 06:24:02 PM
"Yes, I suppose your right." Trunks said, thinking back to the battle.

"Luckily when I came to I was back to myself, and had not been taken over by the power that consumed me." he paused for a moment, "I managed to learn a lot from my battle with Sarr actually..."

Shade Magus
Jul 5th, 2004, 06:33:37 PM
"And what did you learn?"

Trunks Alvein
Jul 5th, 2004, 06:46:39 PM
Trunks took a moment to think it over.

"He taught me to never attack your opponent blindly, I made that mistake. If it had been a real battle, I would have lost my life." he said in a low voice.

"He also helped teach me to keep my anger in check. After we continued our battle I almost lost control again, but managed to suppress my anger and continue the battle."

Shade Magus
Jul 5th, 2004, 06:48:34 PM
"Then he taught you correctly. A Jedi cannot attack for anger or lust, lest we lose the battle before it begins."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 5th, 2004, 07:10:58 PM
"Its hard for me to control my anger at times. Its like a tempest is raging deep inside my heart, fighting a constant battle of good and evil." Trunks took a deep breath.

"I hope I can some day learn to be as disciplined as your Padawan."

Shade Magus
Jul 8th, 2004, 01:55:59 AM
"Any Jedi hopes for that and I hope that they all suceed in their paths of life."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 10th, 2004, 12:04:58 AM
"I hope so too master." He said with a smile.

"But I won't take up anymore of your time."

Trunks bowed his head a bit in respect before turning to walk away.

Andúril
Jul 11th, 2004, 12:55:57 PM
Andúril walked through the grounds lightly. He had not been around for long since his journeying, but he was feeling the positive effects all around him.

He opened his mind to all the life around him, reading the emotions of those around him, as he learned as a child. Enjoying the feel of grass on his feet he reached out a little further and began to flit over the minds around him. Uusually he felt uncomfortable doing this, but in the grounds of the Order he felt the familar and reassuring emotions that were expected of the jedi.

He noted three minds a little way off, and walked toward them slowly, not wanting to interrupt anything. Still a little way away he scaned thier minds. One made him stop, and try again. For some reason he could see nothing in the mind. It wasn't empty exactly, it was just... barred. He smiled and walked up to the trio.

He stopped a few feet away and bowed to Master Shade.

"Greetings Master, If you are not to busy, would you and your group permit me to join you? I am yet to meet anyone, aside from Master Belargic in the Order. It has been so long, it seems I do not know anyone here anymore."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 11th, 2004, 02:00:45 PM
With the arrival of the newcomer, Trunks felt compelled to learn more about him. His mind was very deep for a new recruit, like his own. Nodding his head in acknowledgement of Andúril, Trunks took a seat on the grass and removed the sheath from his back, it wasn't very comfortable to wear sitting down.

Andúril
Jul 11th, 2004, 03:51:32 PM
Andúril noticed the young padawan in the group and nodded to him.

"Greetings. My name is Andúril. Are you new to the Academy?"

Trunks Alvein
Jul 11th, 2004, 04:47:00 PM
"Yes sir, I'm an initiate...seeking a master." Trunks said locking eyes with Andúril, attempting to look beyond the surface.

A strange light was noticeable behind the hue of colors, "Knowledge.." Trunks thought to himself. He felt more in tuned with Andúril's presence in the force with each passing moment.

"My names Trunks Alvein Lord Andúril, pleased to meet you."

Andúril
Jul 12th, 2004, 01:06:23 AM
"Im pleased to meet you Trunks. I too am an initiate, for the moment." He cocked his head on one side when he noticed a strange emotion flitting through the boys head.

"You seem surprised my young friend. At my age perhaps... I confess this is not my first time here." A distant light went in to his eyes. The fact that this initiate had used his old title from Trinity did not pass his notice.

Trunks Alvein
Jul 12th, 2004, 12:45:10 PM
"...Surprised.." Trunks said looking away for a moment. He had let his mind wander into Andúril's a bit more than he thought it should.

"I admit I'm not surprised this is not your first time to walk these halls. You're former presence lingers with the force." He said, looking into Andúril's eyes once more.

"I would suppose the only thing that surprises me, are my own feelings at the moment." he said with a warm smile, "My mind seems to think very highly of you, though we have just met."

Andúril
Jul 12th, 2004, 12:51:35 PM
It was Andúril's turn to be surprised.

"Well, for that I am honoured. Though I know not why you think so very highly of me. I am still an Initiate, just like you. I have little to be honoured for."

A sad light went into Andúril's eyes, but after a moment he looked around him.

"I am still young in the force, like you. Though I have had a little training."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 12th, 2004, 01:33:29 PM
"If theres anything I've came to realize from my own powers, it's that its not just training that accounts for ones strength in the force." Trunks said, moving blades of grass as his hand waved over them.

Andúril
Jul 12th, 2004, 02:19:50 PM
Andúril smiled a little.

"Perhaps not. But I have always felt that the trainign helps us grow and mature in the force. Though certainly, I agree that some of us have more natural abilities than others." He looked at the young initiate, with the traces of a smile on his face.

"I, for example, have more antural ability for sabre combat, rather than other skills that are essential for a jedi. I'm sure you have special skills in other areas also. Otherwise why would you be here." He didn't mean for his words to sound arrogant. He spoke then humbly enough, though he wasn't sure how well his words came across.

Trunks Alvein
Jul 13th, 2004, 02:47:49 AM
Trunks took a moment to think about Andúril's words.

"I'm not familiar enough with my powers to know where I excel, they're kinda all over the place." Trunks said with a thoughtful look. His eyes became distant, and clouded.

"Whenever I invoke my powers I'm usually not in control, or even aware that I am doing so." he said adjusting his robes.

Andúril
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:39:10 PM
"Hmm, yes, I think I understand."

Andúril thought for a moment.

"I don't really know enough about the force to get out of control. Though I'm sure you'll learn to control your power soon enough."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 13th, 2004, 11:19:18 PM
"Without a master I'm not so sure how true that is." he said looking up at Andúril, knowing how skilled his own master was.

Trunks made sure to avoid eye contact with Master Shade, he didn't want to seem like he was complaining.

"Being here in the Temple calms me greatly, but my powers are still quite restless." he paused for a moment, then continued.

"I'm sometimes hesitant to spar with other students, the risk of losing control is far to great for comfort."

Andúril
Jul 14th, 2004, 01:04:47 AM
"Well," said Andúril, pausing for a moment. "Perhaps it would be wise to look at the bright side of your predicament.

"Perhaps this is a valuable time to learn the lesson of patience. Something that we all have to learn sooner or later." Andúril smiled a little.

Trunks Alvein
Jul 14th, 2004, 05:12:26 PM
Trunks glanced at Shade for a moment, curious of his thoughts.

"Yes, patience is a virtue to the Jedi. It can help us in any situation I believe." he said, trying not to sound crass.

"I'm just concerned for the safety of those around me. My...other side doesn't seem to be as virtuous as the Trunks you see before you." Speaking of his dark inner self made Trunks uneasy, if not a bit afraid.

"The dark side wants me, I know this without doubt. But I refuse to accept it, I am a good person. I belong with the Jedi."

Andúril
Jul 15th, 2004, 01:03:03 AM
Andúril's face darkened a little. "Fear..." he thought to himself.

"Perhaps it would be best not to dwell on your thoughts of the dark side. It may be better to know what we are for, before opposing what we are against."

SonLee
Jul 18th, 2004, 08:47:57 PM
SonLee had been quiet for awhile whilst Trunks words replayed in her mind.

"He taught me to never attack your opponent blindly, I made that mistake. If it had been a real battle, I would have lost my life.

The words sent a chill down her spine. It was like the rock she'd destroyed. She was so eager to leviate it quickly, but ended up destroying it, and she'd felt drained after it. She looked at Trunks with large eyes, surprised that someone felt like she did. Perhaps this young initiate could help her, somehow.

Trunks Alvein
Jul 19th, 2004, 05:02:44 AM
Trunks no longer wanted to talk of his darkside, it caused him to doubt himself. Also it was accompanied with a deep sinking feeling in his chest.

"Excuse me if I change the subject Masters." he said looking away, trying to think about something else. Suddenly something that had been in the back of his mind came rushing to the surface.

For a while now Trunks had felt SonLee's thoughts about him swirling around in his head. He couldn't read her mind of course, but the look in her eyes conveyed all he needed to know.

"Hello Mistress, my name is Trunks Alvein. I'm an initiate, new the the Academy." Trunks said, now addressing the noticeably attractive woman standing before him.

He stood and bowed respectfully to her.

"Something troubles you I think. Mind if I ask what exactly that may be?"

SonLee
Jul 19th, 2004, 08:37:45 AM
She laughed at the little initiates show of formality, and waved him down.

"I'm noone special. I'm only a Padawan, no more or no less equal than you are. Please call me SonLee."

She wanted to see him eye to her before she discussed anything with him. The last thing she wanted was for him to feel inferior towards her, as most men usually were. She saw him taking in her profile and sighed to herself. Next time, she'd make sure not to wear a jumpsuit, no matter how comfortable they may seem.

She took a deep breath. "The truoble is fear," she whispered to him. "Fear of the powers that the Force hold, scared that my Master will reject me for having the wrong attitude and over eagerness to do everything perfect just to please him. I go too far. I destroyed a rock i was only meant to leviate, made a tree fall down, push someone into a wall at Cloud City just 'cos I was angry at them..."

She stopped and looked pointedly at him.

"I'm a Witch...I don't know if it is those powers or the Force taking control of me in the wrong way. I feel as if my mind is drawing me to do darker things tan I inyend to.."

She noticed everyone looking at her, and felt a drop of moisture on her cheek. Damn this show of weakness! she thought, swiping at it angrily, as more quickly came in sucession.

Andúril
Jul 19th, 2004, 09:45:40 AM
Andúril smiled bemusedly at the reference to him being a master, but it soon faded as SonLee spoke of her past. He wasn't really sure what to say, but he thouhgt he should say something...

"Some habits are more difficult to break than others, I guess. We are all learners here. If we knew everything, there would be no reason for us to be here..."

Trunks Alvein
Jul 19th, 2004, 06:23:02 PM
"Do you see Trunks? They are all weak! You've never cried a day in your life. You search for a Master, but if you just let me have control you'd be stronger than any life form in this Temple." the darkness said to him.

"No!" he cried out loud, "She is a kind and loving person, like myself, get out of my head!" With that Trunks fell to his knees, holding his hands over his ears. Suddenly a blackness came over his vision, and he could see only a tiny light that was rapidly growing closer. He recognized what was happening, the future was speaking to him once again.

As the intense white light faded, he saw SonLee standing on a narrow stretch of rock. She was quite battered looking, clothes torn, and she was breathing heavily. His view seemed to zoom on her face, still as elegant and beautiful as it had been before, yet older still.

His view changed once more to a darkly robed man standing only a few feet in front of her.

"Where is your protector now SonLee? He vowed to see to your safety, did he not?" a menacing voice spoke from under the dark hood, "Now you will die, along with all the rest of the Jedi..." His words were suddenly interrupted by another voice, kind yet firm.

"Mistress! Get out of the way!" said a man now running at her with more speed than a million suubatars. Leaping into the air, he covered several hundred yards and landed in front of SonLee, a lightsaber extended.

"Get out of here SonLee, head back to the ship. I can't lose you too!" The man said, long purple hair rustling around him in the wind.

"But Trunks.." she began to interject, but thought better of it, "Yes sir. May the force be with you." With that she turned to run but stopped for a moment, "I..." she started, but Trunks cut her off.

"I love you too, now hurry!" He said to her before she left, running fast as was possible.

"You can't save her you know." the evil man said laughing slightly, "It's your fault I'm here, you created me. Now I'll destroy you, and then the rest of the galaxy will fall to my hands as well. All will bow under the might of Darkstar Trunks." he threw aside his cape and ignited an oddly shaped lightsaber. It was red and the blade was unfocused, it seemed to burn like a flame.

"You can't control me anymore like you did when I was a child. I was stronger than you then, and I am stronger now." Trunks said and they both lunged at one another, and as the blades clashed the blinding white light returned.

Trunks now found himself looking into SonLee's eyes, beautiful and deep. He would swear that those eyes had caused his vision, a slight tear now running down her cheek. He walked over to her and took her hand, as if he were being led to her.

"I couldn't protect you...I couldn't do anything to stop him. I promised...to protect you...my love." he suddenly burst into tears and threw his arms around her. He only came up to her stomach, which made the situation seem even more awkward.

Trunks Alvein
Jul 25th, 2004, 12:01:39 PM
Trunks opened his eyes and took a step back from SonLee. With a startled look he touched his face, "...Tears?" He said looking up at the woman standing before him, her feelings unreadable.

"I don't understand exactly what just happened, but I'm sorry for my actions." as he spoke, Trunks' eyes went from SonLee to Shade.

"My thoughts are not always my own it seems."

Andúril
Jul 25th, 2004, 03:00:17 PM
Andúril's eyes flitted to Trunkes, and then to the rest assembled. It seemd to him that for a moment, Trunks' thoughts, which at first had been fairly clear, had suddenly gone dark. Nothing, for a number of seconds, and then he returned... He had no idea what was going on, so he kept silent, not a move of his giving away his thoughts...

SonLee
Aug 5th, 2004, 11:17:39 PM
SonLee's mouth was open in a mixture of both shock...and astonishment. She'd been having strange visions for the last few months - causing her to leave the Order because they were so vivid. Always there was a shadow of a little man that she had felt a strange connection to, always calling out her name before she was struck down.

"I knew it was a mistake to come here," she whispered. "But then, it was inevitable that we'd meet eachother eventually."

She knelt down and gently placed her hands on his shoulders, looking into his eyes.

"You've had these visions too, haven't you?" she asked, getting a handkerchief out of her pocket and handing it to him.