PDA

View Full Version : Firefox hates me again

Alex
Jun 6th, 2004, 08:36:18 AM
Well, it doesn't hate me. Its just being disagreeable. This is gonna be in a solid block of writing, because Firefox won't let me hit "enter". I can't click on hyperlinks, because it downloads the file instead. I have to right-click, and open it in a new tab, and then close the original. I've had the problem before, and usually shutting Firefox down has fixed it. However, I can't do that at the moment, because I'm in the middle of a 17-hour download, which will get cancelled if I close Firefox. Know of anything I can do without having wasted yet another day with this download getting stopped?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 6th, 2004, 09:22:18 AM
http://www.getright.com/ is the answer to the download problems.

Alex
Jun 6th, 2004, 09:29:36 AM
Will it really accellerate it? I'm nearly 6 hours into this download (17 hours)...is it gonna make enough of a difference to make stopping the d/l and starting again worth while?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 6th, 2004, 09:37:19 AM
You could try waiting, hoping your PC doesn't crash. Bit of a gamble, though.

Alex
Jun 6th, 2004, 09:41:56 AM
It did crash. Just now. :( I've installed the software, but I'm gonna have to wait in a queue for ages. I can retry the download I had before, but thats back up to 16 hours again. I don't know what the actual file address for the download is, so I can't actually shift it over to GR...help!

On the bright side, Firefox is fixed.

Edit:

Ok...how do I get a download in firefox to download in GR? Coz I can't actually access the file download from GR...do I need to change a setting in mozilla to make GR the default or something?

Master Yoghurt
Jun 6th, 2004, 12:38:44 PM
Opera might work better for you btw. I use it all the time. I know these forums are somewhat of a stronghold of firefox and mozilla, but there is nothing those browsers do that opera cant do equally good or better.

http://www.opera.com/download/

What you also have to keep in mind, in certain situations, you are forced to use use internet explorer, like it or not. The download youre probably referring to, use some active-x components which are integrated into IE. It should come to no surprise then, that it would work best in that browser.