PDA

View Full Version : A thought

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 5th, 2004, 07:52:58 PM
What would people's opinions be on training a group of disposable Sith Adepts? Not very powerful, but fanatical. Minions, more or less.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 6th, 2004, 03:22:20 AM
NPCs?

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 7th, 2004, 06:57:09 AM
Could work either way, I suppose. I'd defer to others on that; it's not my area of expertise.

Dark Lord Rivin
Jun 8th, 2004, 09:34:17 AM
Why do we Nead them?

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 8th, 2004, 05:58:57 PM
To carry out seriously risky missions, where the risk of capture or death is unacceptably high for a normal member of TSO, realistically speaking. That and backup firepower, and distractions, and so forth. That's just what I was thinking.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 9th, 2004, 02:45:21 AM
Sounds a little God Mod-y to me, if you're giving them Force Powers.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:30:38 AM
I wasn't thinking anything beyond small-scale telekinesis and physical enhancement - the really basic stuff.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:48:25 AM
Still, I can see it being a problem, especially if there's large amounts of them being used.

Dark Lord Rivin
Jun 9th, 2004, 11:47:38 AM
I know that with my thugs, sometimes the Lead Thug has some force training, but never anything big. And if the mision is to risky then what makes you think the underlings can do anything close to complete.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:51:59 PM
*nods* Fair enough, Dasq. I'm still adjusting to SWFans when it comes down to what's acceptable and what's not.

Rivin...I wouldn't generalise quite so much. Especially not with power as the be-all end-all. Fanaticism and intelligence count for almost as much in my books.

Rasha Vill
Jun 16th, 2004, 03:47:25 PM
Making them Fanitics can help, but if you were just going to use them as disposable, if they were too intelegent they wouldn't take the mission. And for the record, I was not generalising. I was asking a question on what makes you think the underlings can do anything close to complete a quest that is too dangerouse a full character.

I understand that power is not everything, but it does help when you have alot of power.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 16th, 2004, 04:16:33 PM
Fanaticism does not equal stupidity. On the contrary; some of the brighter people I've met could be termed fanatics to one extent or another. There's a difference between blind obedience and genuine conviction to a cause you believe to be right.

Darth Vader
Jun 17th, 2004, 05:47:40 PM
Seems fine to me. I recall Vader using such NPCs similar to the Reborn from JK Outcast