PDA

View Full Version : And this is why I hate fleeting.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 5th, 2004, 12:49:14 PM
http://69.93.59.182/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35981

Darth Viscera
Jun 5th, 2004, 01:31:10 PM
we need to institute an official moratorium on new ship types / R&D pending the creation of new rules. Khendon's fleet is a ticking flame-fest waiting to happen.

Last time I suggested such a thing I was shot down in the OOC forum by a clear majority, but we see in this new thread the results of letting R&D get out of hand.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 7th, 2004, 07:45:47 PM
Could someone else please go over that thread, because some of the tech being thrown around is my very deffinition of godmoding.

Darth Viscera
Jun 7th, 2004, 08:18:31 PM
they're both way off base.

That is why I created my fortress systems and the mine fields - to tactically filter hypertravel through areas I could control and monitor.

what

abolisher mines=no
non-hyperspace FTL engines=no

Shutting down a hyperlane with a high concentration of interdictor cruisers = yes

Morgan Evanar
Jun 7th, 2004, 08:39:19 PM
Yeah, the whole thing is just ugh.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 7th, 2004, 08:47:08 PM
how can you equate werewolves and vampires to fleets?? >_< they aren't new technology :lol and wouldn't you blow up your own ships with the random throwing of mines around :|

In my opinion, as long as it’s logical, it should be allowed. I know this view isn’t shared. It boils down to the mods' decisions, I guess. So, what shall be done?

if that was the case, then anything Sci-Fi should be allowed in Star Wars universe. but its not .. why? Because technology can be abused and lead to god-moding and needless crap that will end up setting a bad standard.. and more importantly, technology is like the only thing that is mostly pure star wars around here :p I'd like to try and keep it that way =\

Darth Viscera
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:48:50 PM
Originally posted by Dalethria Mal Pannis
and wouldn't you blow up your own ships with the random throwing of mines around :|

In order for the ImpFeds to break out of hillbilly-redneckville, which is where they live (comparatively), they have to take the Rimma Trade Route hyperlane up to Eriadu, which intersects with the Hydian Way hyperlane. ImpSov occupies Eriadu (a vital hyperlane intersection) and is trying to say that it's mined the Rimma Trade Route, which would effectively slam the door on ImpFed and leave it permanently isolated in one section of the galaxy, making it impossible for them to go anywhere else.

So ImpSov doesn't have to travel down to ImpFed-Hicksville, so they don't have to worry about getting hit by their own mines.

At least, that's what I would infer from the thread after a bit of a glance, and that's the logic I think Telan and Khendon are using.

here, look at this map so it'll make more sense:
http://panicked.org/webmap1/4.html

Morgan Evanar
Jun 8th, 2004, 04:18:41 PM
I was going to post this last night, but I think you all should look at it first.

IMO this is a case of technology out of control. What happens if a random cargo transport happens through?

Abolishers are a terrible idea. I'd like to beat whoever came up with them. Its like putting tons of land mines on I 95.

Inderdictors are a road block.

That is why I created my fortress systems and the mine fields - to
tactically filter hypertravel through areas I could control and monitor. A sound decision - yes. Stretched - yes. Rped as flawed and under construction and straining under the brudening massivity of a project so enormous? yes. This doesn't jive. Random mine fields will destory civillian shipping.

I feel that you both are abusing technology.

You could just play with existing tech, mainly the stuff presented in the movies. That would be pretty cool.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 8th, 2004, 04:22:10 PM
I think it sounds all right but maybe explain more how they are abusing tech? Cuz ya know they are gonna ask ya :p

Darth Viscera
Jun 8th, 2004, 06:16:07 PM
sounds good to me